Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Additional Unit Packs for Kungfuserge's Khartoum and Zulu mod.

Default Additional Unit Packs for Kungfuserge's Khartoum and Zulu mod.

Additional Unit Packs for Kungfuserge's incredible Khartoum and Zulu mod.
    No game play tweaks allowed or anything to do with the core system, only new unit skins that can be externally downloaded.
    All credit goes towards Kungfuserge as the mod is his creation.

All welcome to create and request there own units ranging from the late 19th century. Post units here and download link to pack, if you so wish, remeber this is Kungfuserge's mod so dont mess with anything in its core, just unit packs please. If a request is made please show a picture of the unit you would like to see and maybe a skinner will design your unit if lucky.

I would like to also ask If Zulu war units could NOT be created and posted by anyone until Kungfuserge has finished the final zulu beta so there will be no interference, thankyou.

The Sudan would be a better choice of focus till then, or any other 19th Century wars i.e Boer Wars, Boxer Rebellion and Second Afghan War.

Also a huge thankyou to Kungfuserge for not only this great mod but for allowing this project the go ahead.
    The King over the water!

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Additional Unit Packs for Kungfuserge's Khartoum and Zulu mod.

Well for a start I made a Zulu additional Unit pack and Kungfuserge requested that the pack to be withdrawn from use to members? so how come you got the green light to do this now??

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Well for a start I made a Zulu additional Unit pack and Kungfuserge requested that the pack to be withdrawn from use to members? so how come you got the green light to do this now??
    Im not 100% sure about that Toony, I did a bit of haggling so to speak before i got it. I dont want credit for this, in anyway, I just want to see a rich selection of historial units from this period. However I have been asked to say that no zulu war units are to be released until after the final Zulu beta. That may have been why. I would really like it if you posted some additional units here as your skills with this sort of thing are great.
    The King over the water!

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Dont worry about it old chap..I got permission as well... so thats all jolly splendid, except we will be changing the uniforms etc, I know how about you lend us a hand as well old chap.. I think that would be ideal sir... jolly welcome too!

Cool, this is a sort of community project so if you ever want to pop in with some units you can post them here when ever you want. Theres no modding of the actually game here just new units really.

My modding skills are poor, im more of a packfile man but I have many historical resources, especially with this period. I'm just really trying to have a place where people can work together to make historical units. i.e Some one has the idea and provides the histrorical info and a uniform and another person helps them by creating the skin, then its posted here and released. I personally wont request units as I dont want it to look like im just doing this for my own sake, im doing it because i love this period. Anyway sorry for the long windedness I'll help in anyway I can
    The King over the water!

SOME precisions ABOUT YOUr WORK to be clear with everybody, about what you can do or not:

Do a seperate add-on for Khartum mod (= sudan and zulu mod).
    you can take the units of Serge and make some more, with historical accuracy. Lord chelmsford, Natal carabineers and zulu snipers will be the last releases of Kungfuserge. You can re-texture all the units or change weapons etc.
    It's forbidden to modify the khartum pack and his animations!
    I can help for uniforms of sudan and zulu wars because I have plenty of folders on those units that have not been made yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Watch 42 View Post
    Also a huge thankyou to Kungfuserge for not only this great mod but for allowing this project the go ahead.
    Indeed! This is great news.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Ok, my British unit mod is compatible with mod but some entries must be changed in Khartum.pack to make it 100% compatible, get the changes made in the pack and you can add my additional unit mod to the Khartum and Zulu mod page if Kungfuserge accepts, I do NOT want my mod added to this thread.
    The other option is to start my own thread, but this seems pointless as some changes need to be made in the db files as stated above as i am using the Zulu "Usuthu" chant sounds mod that I made some time ago.

EDIT: I have also used some animations that need to be added to Khartum.pack so we have a problem here....hmm....i will see if I can resolve sometime
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; September 21, 2010 at 12:58 PM.

yeah, more units!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Thats jolly splendid sir... we are going to use the Egypt map.. I was wondering.. would you be able to help us in our mod if you have the time sir? Just to keep us within your guidelines? My eternal gratitude and the societies... to Kungfuserge's most excellent team.

[WIP] ♔The Duffer Mod♔ A mod most gentlemanly!
    yes I will help you!

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    I can help for uniforms of sudan and zulu wars because I have plenty of folders on those units that have not been made yet!
    That would be great if you wanted to get involved, I think British units of the Sudan should be the first focus as there are less units already in that section and there are many uniforms used during this campaign (Khaki, grey, red and Indians on the British side too).
    This link has good examples in the real mix of uniforms : http://www.perry-miniatures.com/su_article.html

I had a great great grandfather who fought in the 1884-1885 Nile Expadition and im really into this period.
    The King over the water!

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

Time to put the old Skinnin' hat on me thinks

That would be great if you wanted to get involved, I think British units of the Sudan should be the first focus as there are less units already in that section and there are many uniforms used during this campaign (Khaki, grey, red and Indians on the British side too).
    This link has good examples in the real mix of uniforms : http://www.perry-miniatures.com/su_article.html

I had a great great grandfather who fought in the 1884-1885 Nile Expadition and im really into this period.
    Great! Yes, I am totally involved, I have contacted Sir DCC and he will continue the work he began. I have sent to him part of the folders I have done during the sudan and zulu mods work. I have made already all the folders on all the units of the sudan war armies. Same for Zulu war. All researches are already done, the only thing to do is make the units. I think will do a great work !

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔ View Post
    Time to put the old Skinnin' hat on me thinks
    Huzzah! The cavalry! Thats fantasic !

Great! Yes, I am totally involved, I have contacted Sir DCC and he will continue the work he began. I have sent to him part of the folders I have done during the sudan and zulu mods work. I have made already all the folders on all the units of the sudan war armies. Same for Zulu war. All researches are already done, the only thing to do is make the units. I think will do a great work !
    Fantasic again Panzerschreck! (I should really up my vocab, oh well ) Its going to be great!
    The King over the water!

I'd love too see some Bengal Lancers! They were in the Sudan I think.

More British Sudan units in Grey and Khaki will be great. Are there any more Mahdist units that can be created? Artillery? Will we be able to recruit the new units in the oriental campaign? I’m really looking forward to seeing what you all produce here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartanianx View Post
    More British Sudan units in Grey and Khaki will be great. Are there any more Mahdist units that can be created? Artillery? Will we be able to recruit the new units in the oriental campaign? I’m really looking forward to seeing what you all produce here.
    sudanese artillery is possible. For campaign, I don't think so, this add-on must be separated of Khartum pack.

Not to worry perhaps you could work your magic on a few maps turning them into desert. An Omdurman type map would be good with a large flat plain for a massed Dervish attack. There are a few good desert maps already for custom battles.

I will do later some maps for Sudan war, promised!

Do you think the cloth cover at the back of the pith helmet is possible?
    The King over the water!

Do you think the cloth cover at the back of the pith helmet is possible?
    It's modeling, for the moment we can only do re-texture...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast