Thread: [Proposal] French Foot Dragoons

Default [Proposal] French Foot Dragoons

Well chaps, Lowes has a humble request for you all, I do not know if this unit already exists through a mod (I admit, I did a cursory search, but nothing in-depth), but I would be most pleased if I were to see this unit, even if it is but a novelty!

My word old boy, "Foot Dragoons?"
    Quite! Old Lowe's hasn't gone senile just yet, though I may have gotten into the port at the club again....*hic*, ahem, regardless...this was a unit that DID exist at one point, the Grand Army did not have enough ships to bring over enough horses for the planned invasion of the UK (blackguards, in my beloved kingdom? Perish the thought, truly ). Thus, several regiments of "Dragon a Pied" were raised, with the expectation that they would acquire their mounts during the campaign across the UK. Though they would not serve in their intended capacity, they did end up guarding supply lines during other campaigns. Unfortunately, several regiments had poor reputations and apparently we're not up to par with the Emperor's standards -- but they are french after all, wot!

Right-oh, I have no experience modding in anything but the Source and UT24k engines, and therefore I will not have the audacity to suggest that it would be an "easy" affair. To any gents who want to try this out though, Dragons a Pied would need to have the Infantry knapsacks and Infantry muskets, asides from that, they're basically the same model!

A reference, I fear it is quite small...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If I recall, the regiments were considered as Regimentes Ligne, and had a full contingent of drummers and the like, as well as "Chasseur" companies or battalions, truly, I cannot recall.
    Napoleon Battle AARs:
    Sublime Combat -- Gentleman at war!

Cpl. Victor Rinaldi - Governer General's Horse Guards, 32nd Brigade Group, Canadian Forces. Shame to him who thinks evil of it

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default Re: [Proposal] French Foot Dragoons

Quote Originally Posted by Lowes View Post
    Well chaps, Lowes has a humble request for you all, I do not know if this unit already exists through a mod (I admit, I did a cursory search, but nothing in-depth), but I would be most pleased if I were to see this unit, even if it is but a novelty!

My word old boy, "Foot Dragoons?"
    Quite! Old Lowe's hasn't gone senile just yet, though I may have gotten into the port at the club again....*hic*, ahem, regardless...this was a unit that DID exist at one point, the Grand Army did not have enough ships to bring over enough horses for the planned invasion of the UK (blackguards, in my beloved kingdom? Perish the thought, truly ). Thus, several regiments of "Dragon a Pied" were raised, with the expectation that they would acquire their mounts during the campaign across the UK. Though they would not serve in their intended capacity, they did end up guarding supply lines during other campaigns. Unfortunately, several regiments had poor reputations and apparently we're not up to par with the Emperor's standards -- but they are french after all, wot!

Right-oh, I have no experience modding in anything but the Source and UT24k engines, and therefore I will not have the audacity to suggest that it would be an "easy" affair. To any gents who want to try this out though, Dragons a Pied would need to have the Infantry knapsacks and Infantry muskets, asides from that, they're basically the same model!

A reference, I fear it is quite small...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If I recall, the regiments were considered as Regimentes Ligne, and had a full contingent of drummers and the like, as well as "Chasseur" companies or battalions, truly, I cannot recall.
    This must be your lucky day...

Last edited by Pdguru; February 11, 2011 at 04:29 PM.

As always Pdguru, you've popped my monocle, I would rep you old stick, but I must spread the joy a bit more don't ya know...
    Napoleon Battle AARs:
    Sublime Combat -- Gentleman at war!

Cpl. Victor Rinaldi - Governer General's Horse Guards, 32nd Brigade Group, Canadian Forces. Shame to him who thinks evil of it

Tired of TWC Arrogance