Thread: Trust

Default Trust

A couple was invited to a swanky family masked fancy dress Halloween party. The wife got a terrible headache and told her husband to go to the party alone. He, being a devoted husband, protested, but she argued and said she was going to take some aspirin and go to bed and there was no need for his good time to be spoiled by not going. So he took his costume and away he went.

The wife, after sleeping soundly for about an hour, woke without pain and as it was still early, decided to go to the party. As her husband didn't know what her costume was, she thought she would have some fun by watching her husband to see how he acted when she was not with him.

So she joined the party and soon spotted her husband in his costume, cavorting around on the dance floor, dancing with every nice "chick" he could and copping a little feel here and a little kiss there. His wife went up to him and being a rather seductive babe herself, he left his new partner high and dry and devoted his time to her. She let him go as far as he wished, naturally, since he was her husband.

After more drinks he finally whispered a little proposition in her ear and she agreed, so off they went to one of the cars and had passionate intercourse in the back seat. Just before unmasking at midnight, she slipped away and went home and put the costume away and got into bed, wondering what kind of explanation he would make up for his outrageous behaviour.

She was sitting up reading when he came in, so she asked what kind of time he had. "Oh, the same old thing, you know I never have a good time when you're not there."

Then she asked, "Did you dance much?" He replied, "I'll tell you, I never even danced one dance. When I got there, I met Pete, Bill Brown and some other guys, so we went into the spare room and played poker all evening."

"You must have looked really silly wearing that costume playing poker all night!" she said with unashamed sarcasm. To which the husband replied, "Actually, I gave my costume to your Dad, apparently he had the time of his life!!
    Discuss. I think that the woman gets what she deserves for not trusting her husband

adamus's Avatar Miles

mate, that's just wrong

She would have known by the voice of her dad...
    Under the wing of Nihil - Under my claws; Farnan, Ummon, & Ecclesiastes.

Human beings will be happier — not when they cure cancer or get to Mars or eliminate racial prejudice or flush Lake Erie — but when they find ways to inhabit primitive communities again. That’s my utopia.
    Kurt Vonnegut

TW Bigfoot

i really didnt need to read that.....

heh amusing though.

O_O took me a second read to understand that....
    Most disturbing....haha, the classic ironic (yet slightly disgusting/disturbing) tale!
    Then again, now adays, you really don't know if you can trust ur spouse, except in those really really true love things...

BTW, does anyone know if there are actual laws regarding fidelity in the U.S. or other places?
    Maximus Lazero
    Why is it that at least one of the Romans are wusses?

With all due respect, this belongs in that joke thread I've seen around here.

I don't buy that this is a real story. Not for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Lazero
    O_O took me a second read to understand that....
    Most disturbing....haha, the classic ironic (yet slightly disgusting/disturbing) tale!
    Then again, now adays, you really don't know if you can trust ur spouse, except in those really really true love things...

BTW, does anyone know if there are actual laws regarding fidelity in the U.S. or other places?
    Yea, she could divorce him and take everything. (There is obvioulsy no criminal law on this, however)
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

Uhh, maybe he knew it was her and he played a bigger trick on her!!! AHHAHAHHAAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Alameda

Yea, she could divorce him and take everything. (There is obvioulsy no criminal law on this, however)
    That's another thing I don't understand. Why is it that women seem to reserve the right to do things such as: a. Kick men out of the house, b. Make guys sleep on the sofa (why don't THEY do it?), c. Take everything, or nearly everything, in a divorce. If they want everything, why not at least leave the guy their money? You really gotta wonder why, in those cases in the movies, the guys AREN'T bitter.

An example of this is in Band of Brothers. In one of the episodes, Nixon's wife sends him a letter. Apparently, she's divorcing him, and she's taking everything: the house, the kid, even the dog that not only is NOT hers, but she also hates, according to Nixon. I then wondered whether Nixon's alcoholism really wasn't justified....>_>
    Maximus Lazero

That's another thing I don't understand. Why is it that women seem to reserve the right to do things such as: a. Kick men out of the house, b. Make guys sleep on the sofa (why don't THEY do it?), c. Take everything, or nearly everything, in a divorce. If they want everything, why not at least leave the guy their money? You really gotta wonder why, in those cases in the movies, the guys AREN'T bitter.

An example of this is in Band of Brothers. In one of the episodes, Nixon's wife sends him a letter. Apparently, she's divorcing him, and she's taking everything: the house, the kid, even the dog that not only is NOT hers, but she also hates, according to Nixon. I then wondered whether Nixon's alcoholism really wasn't justified....>_>
    Because women are better than men, just like whites used to be "better" than blacks.
    Did you like the article? Starting today, I am writing a new one daily. You can see them http://www.poppydog.com/forum/boardMap.do?tiid=6883

As I won't be on this forum anymore, I won't be able to respond to pms. But you can still reach me at machiavelli005@hotmail.com

-_-
    Ya know, this may be speculation, but I wonder how many ppl think of divorce this way:
    Guy divorces wife=Jerk
    Woman divorces husband = Guy was a jerk to her. >_>
    *Ultra Conservative* Divorce=Blasphemous....ah heck, ANYTHING that doesn't agree with them is blasphemous...
    Maximus Lazero

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Alameda

Yes this is taken from the JOKE thread!
    Of course its not real.

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

In divorce women are (usually) given what they diserve from the relationship, sometimes it is a lot, but look at it this way, even if she didn't work, would she have had a job if she wasn't married? She doesn't have a job while married becasue she doesn't need one, that is no reason to leave her with nothing. And one partner taking everything almost never happens, and if it does it is usually because of infidelity.

Edit: one thing that women might get special treatment for in a divorce is the custody of the children. This is because judges have usually assumed that women are just naturally better parents. This is somewhat changing as a result of anti discrimination laws, (yes it does work both ways occasionally) but is still a problem.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55
    Edit: one thing that women might get special treatment for in a divorce is the custody of the children. This is because judges have usually assumed that women are just naturally better parents. This is somewhat changing as a result of anti discrimination laws, (yes it does work both ways occasionally) but is still a problem.
    That is wrong. My Grandfather and Grandmother devorced, and because of the concept of a woman being a better parent, my mom had to live with my Grandmother. My Grandmother was a negilgent parent who gambled away the child support money sent from my Grandfather. It was so bad that my mom ate only one meal a day and it was the school lunch. My Grandfather repeatedly tried to get custody of my mom but was denied because the judges thought a mother was naturally a better parent.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

-_-
    Ya know, this may be speculation, but I wonder how many ppl think of divorce this way:
    Guy divorces wife=Jerk
    I agree. Crazy, isn't it.

Woman divorces husband = Guy was a jerk to her. >_>
    True. Pretty dumb.

*Ultra Conservative* Divorce=Blasphemous....ah heck, ANYTHING that doesn't agree with them is blasphemous...
    Whoa, where did that come from?
    Did you like the article? Starting today, I am writing a new one daily. You can see them http://www.poppydog.com/forum/boardMap.do?tiid=6883

As I won't be on this forum anymore, I won't be able to respond to pms. But you can still reach me at machiavelli005@hotmail.com