Page 9 of 212 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 3.1 // V5.0 RELEASED!!! //

Default Re: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 2.1 // Version 1.0 RELEASED

Is this mod compitable with FROME?? sorry if it is already asked

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 2.1 // Version 1.0 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by Bart_ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FROME
    Please Note :
    That FROME 2.0 requires a TATW 2.1 'clean' version and that is not compatible with mods that alter the same files (in case of frome that would be too many to make a list)
    This sub mod alters the files needed by FROME to work properly, unfortunately.

ok thx

i have been played a silvan campaign for some time now and i have found a few problems:
    1. you already start with the dance guild in tharanduil's halls from the beginning of the campaign
    2. a few turns after i have captured dol-guldor (amon-lanc) i have been asked(and accepted) to use the palantir but i didnt see the palantir ancillary on any of my generals( not sure if it has something to do with it but i have captured dol-guldor with a captain...)
    3. some turns later after using the palantir, a rebel army spawned near my capital and besieged it (i guess this was the surprise?) but 2 turns later it disappeared again...

EDIT: i have also a suggestion regarding the immortal heroes script:
    factions that start with 2 separate region (high-elves, silvan-elves and the dwarves) should have different respawn locations for different heroes
    for example: if gimli dies and respawn in erebor, it would take an insane amount of turns for him to get back to ered-luin so it would be more logical for him to respawn in thorin's halls. or for glorfindel, Elladan, Elrohir to respawn in mithlond instead of imladris (militarily access problems). and for celebon to respawn in caras-galadhon instead of tharanduils halls.
    Last edited by ELB27; October 02, 2010 at 01:29 PM.

signature and avatar were made by Grímbóld'

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyJenkins View Post
    Any word on Germanicu5 sub-mod integration?
    No unfortunately not.
    I will let you know when I receive a response from him.

Quote Originally Posted by kingtigertank View Post
    By not save-game compatible

he means that once you install this submod, you can't use savegames from earlier, meaning you have to start a new campaign. From then on, you can save as much as you like.
    Thank you for explaining!

Quote Originally Posted by Fingon NL View Post
    I just had a crash when trying to load my autosave, I was playing Eriador that I converted into Arnor right away. Aragorn had the bug that his stratmap model became Frodo's as well btw.

Austosave added, maybe it's some use to you.
    I checked it and I didn't see anything strange in the log-file. Might be a corrupt save.

Quote Originally Posted by ELB27 View Post
    i have been played a silvan campaign for some time now and i have found a few problems:
    1. you already start with the dance guild in tharanduil's halls from the beginning of the campaign
    The dance guild is part of a 2-tier structure. The first one is already present in that settlement. Once you have captured all the required settlements and receive a notification you can upgrade the dance guild.
    2. a few turns after i have captured dol-guldor (amon-lanc) i have been asked(and accepted) to use the palantir but i didnt see the palantir ancillary on any of my generals( not sure if it has something to do with it but i have captured dol-guldor with a captain...)
    I checked if you can see the palantir in the retinue-list of the general who defeated the general who had the palantir, but it isn't displayed. That you get the option to use the palantir does mean you did acquire the palantir and the trigger for the palantir works.
    3. some turns later after using the palantir, a rebel army spawned near my capital and besieged it (i guess this was the surprise?) but 2 turns later it disappeared again...
    Yes there is a small chance some rebels will attack your capital if you choose to use the palantir

EDIT: i have also a suggestion regarding the immortal heroes script:
    factions that start with 2 separate region (high-elves, silvan-elves and the dwarves) should have different respawn locations for different heroes
    for example: if gimli dies and respawn in erebor, it would take an insane amount of turns for him to get back to ered-luin so it would be more logical for him to respawn in thorin's halls. or for glorfindel, Elladan, Elrohir to respawn in mithlond instead of imladris (militarily access problems). and for celebon to respawn in caras-galadhon instead of tharanduils halls.
    Fair enough. Thank you for sharing your gameplay experiences and providing valuable feedback!(+rep)

Preview for the new version:
    Choose to play with lost capital events:

Capital lost to an evil faction

Capital taken back:

This time it is lost to a good faction:

Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Found a bug: Playing as Gondor, after first barracks event (turn 30 or so), I've lost option to recruit/retrain Fountain Guard. It's just disappeared from the regular que !
    All scripts ON escept Total recruitment.

Why did you commented out:
    Code:
    ;                recruit_pool "Fountain Guard"  0   0.08   1  0  requires factions { sicily, }  and event_counter large_city_barracks 1 and not event_counter huge_city_barracks 1 
    ;                recruit_pool "Fountain Guard"  0   0.12   1  0  requires factions { sicily, }  and event_counter huge_city_barracks 1
    in EDB file?
    Last edited by zax; October 03, 2010 at 07:06 AM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Bart_ View Post
    If this mod would be compatible with frome and LL heroes it would be a dream come true, hehe. I hope it eventually will be made compatible. P.S.: I liked the idea of the capital lost messages.

I always liked the lost capital message from SS. Though it did tempt me so much to use toggle fow to see who the invader was. Seems that this sub-mod will keep getting better +rep.

I so tried to get this to work. I did everything it said to install and it was working except, a lot of the time, the AI wouldnt/couldnt seige a settlement.. I had 6 enemy armies surround a small gondor force and it didnt even attack.. lol Then a invasion was callled on my capital at edoras and when the AI mordor army went to siege it, it just crashed. I replayed it again, to see if it was a fluke but again it crashed saying unspecified error.. I was so sad..

Crashed in a battle, or on battle map?

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Found a bug: Playing as Gondor, after first barracks event (turn 30 or so), I've lost option to recruit/retrain Fountain Guard. It's just disappeared from the regular que !
    All scripts ON escept Total recruitment.

Why did you commented out:
    Code:
    ;                recruit_pool "Fountain Guard"  0   0.08   1  0  requires factions { sicily, }  and event_counter large_city_barracks 1 and not event_counter huge_city_barracks 1 
    ;                recruit_pool "Fountain Guard"  0   0.12   1  0  requires factions { sicily, }  and event_counter huge_city_barracks 1
    in EDB file?
    I didn't commented these recruitmentpools (it is the same in vanilla). Fountain Guards can only recruited via the ecthelion building. If you want to recruit them via barracks just remove those signs. What I did had to do was remove this condition:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Code:
    building ecthelion
    {
        levels ecthelion
        {
            ecthelion castle requires factions { sicily, }  and hidden_resource minas_tirith
            {
                capability
                {
                    recruit_pool "Fountain Guard"  0   0.1   1  0  requires factions { sicily, }  and not event_counter large_city_barracks 1
                    retrain_cost_bonus bonus 1
                }
                material wooden
                construction  12
                cost  15000
                settlement_min large_city
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
        }
        plugins 
        {
        }
    }

So you can keep recruiting them. Will make some changes for the new 2.0 version though.

Edit:I checked the EDB again and you are right I did commented these lines in Total Recruitment for TATW 1.4. Anyhow as said earlier I will fix it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    If this mod would be compatible with frome and LL heroes it would be a dream come true, hehe. I hope it eventually will be made compatible. P.S.: I liked the idea of the capital lost messages.
    Sorry, I rather spend my time on developing/implementing new gameplay features than making this compilation compatible with FRoME, but I welcome and give permission to anyone who wants to make both submods compatible with each other. LL's heroes is another case since it changes less vanilla-files.

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown Knight View Post
    I always liked the lost capital message from SS. Though it did tempt me so much to use toggle fow to see who the invader was. Seems that this sub-mod will keep getting better +rep.
    Thanks, I think this is another feature which definately belongs in vanilla TATW.

Quote Originally Posted by avenging angel View Post
    I so tried to get this to work. I did everything it said to install and it was working except, a lot of the time, the AI wouldnt/couldnt seige a settlement.. I had 6 enemy armies surround a small gondor force and it didnt even attack.. lol Then a invasion was callled on my capital at edoras and when the AI mordor army went to siege it, it just crashed. I replayed it again, to see if it was a fluke but again it crashed saying unspecified error.. I was so sad..
    I can't say what might be wrong with your game/installation without you posting your log-file.

New preview:
    By the kind permission of patrician1 I will also include the Small Projects submod into this compilation:
    Choose to play with extra regional events:

Weathertop event:

Amon Hen event:

Last edited by Baron Samedi; October 03, 2010 at 01:48 PM.

those are very good features ineed, both the lost capital and the extra regional events! just a question though: are those amon-hen and weathertop are the only new videos that this feature adds?(i simply like video events )

those are very good features ineed, both the lost capital and the extra regional events! just a question though: are those amon-hen and weathertop are the only new videos that this feature adds?(i simply like video events )
    There are more video-events with complete lore-accurate descriptions such as one for Moria, Bree and the Grey Havens. I just showed a small selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    There are more video-events with complete lore-accurate descriptions such as one for Moria, Bree and the Grey Havens. I just showed a small selection.
    that's great! looking forward to it!!!

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

great job +rep

Great !!! I'll be waiting for the 2.0 version since I'm already in an Isengard vs Mordor campaign
    Very well done Baron Samedi, hurray hurray for you !

Hey Baron Samedi
    When Point Black has finished his version of RC&RR for TATW one day...would you make then your compilation compitable with PB's RC&RR ??

W1Z21's Avatar Tiro

Baron i have an idea how about on turn 50 or so a movie plays and make the attack on helms deep happen like spawn an army of uruk-hai (swordsmen, pikemen, and archers full stack) an also spawn rohan a half stack of merc elves a litte ways away and half the "march" to rohans aid .. idk it was just a thought
    We all die, its just a matter of how.... and when
    -William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by W1Z21 View Post
    Baron i have an idea how about on turn 50 or so a movie plays and make the attack on helms deep happen like spawn an army of uruk-hai (swordsmen, pikemen, and archers full stack) an also spawn rohan a half stack of merc elves a litte ways away and half the "march" to rohans aid .. idk it was just a thought
    Interesting, but only for player, AI will screw this up. I have seen acts of incredible stupidity of Rohan AI (shameful..., shameful). Otherwise i support this idea as an available option in some "not too distant" future . What say you, Baron?

Great idea:

if we make this:

FactionType France (its Isengard) FactionIsLocal
    spawn_army (insert the spawning army script)

after that we can add an event to tell the player that he has a full stack there