Thread: Horses in SPQR

Default Horses in SPQR

Hi there,
    Could anyone of u guys make some kind of small patch that includes the new horse skins made by Pinaereus(cant remember his name). I read that Lt. already had the permission to use them. I also read that you have to manually implement the codes or something, and as i don't understand modding(also don't have the time to learn it) could someone plz do it for me and other guys who can't mod?
    Thx!

adamus's Avatar Miles

Vangelis, Pinarius' horse skins are really easy to implement - the files automatically go into the right folders for you, all that you have to do is edit one text file - descr_model_battle.txt in the /data folder and paste Pinarius' entries over the entries for horse_light, horse_medium, horse_heavy and generals_horse.

You should really give it a go yourself, it honestly isn't very difficult, you just paste one thing over the other, just remember to make a back-up of the file before you make any changes and don't be scared!

practice makes perfect, try it a few times and you'll get the hang of it.

2 months ago I was the same as you, but now I kind of know what I am doing. Just be bold.

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

Ok, im not a noob at RTW, been playing game since the day it was released, i just don't post very much, just read.
    Greetz

Sidmen's Avatar Mangod of Earth

Yep, but playing the game and moding it are two very different things... My first mod experience was giving macedon hoplites and armored hoplites. It worked so good that I thought the game just changed the colors of the units if you change the faction.. Imagine my suprise when I tried adding heavy spearmen to partha...
    "For the humble doily is indeed the gateway to ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!"

~Sidmen, Member of the House of Wilpuri, Patronized by pannonian

Another thing, im playing now SPQR 4.6, year 230bc, i hope i don't have to start all over again? so i just implement the skins and i can continue playing?

Yep, Changing the units' skins, or even adding new units to the game takes effect in any save game or new game..

Sidmen, so i have to start a new game then if i implement the skins? Or can i continue playing with my savegame (230bc, julii)

adamus's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Vangelis
    Sidmen, so i have to start a new game then if i implement the skins? Or can i continue playing with my savegame (230bc, julii)
    No you don't have to start a new game, you can continue playing with your Julii savegame

Quote Originally Posted by adamus
    No you don't have to start a new game, you can continue playing with your Julii savegame
    But my experience is, is that you can only see the changes in a new game or costum-battle.
    So the skin-changes will not have any effect on your current campaign, if I'm not mistaking.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

^^Actually you are, skins are implemented as soon as you start up a battle and are not saved in the campaign <save> file. So as soon as you change a skin, or add a new unit, you have access to them, and see the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidmen
    ^^Actually you are, skins are implemented as soon as you start up a battle and are not saved in the campaign <save> file. So as soon as you change a skin, or add a new unit, you have access to them, and see the changes.
    Okay, sorry if I caused confusion.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Yay, A Famulus knows somthing that a Tribune doesn't..

/does a little jig and sits back down.

Don't get too used to it. Lol.

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

^^I guess your right, but when I'm wrong I'll remember this day and say "It'll happen again."