Thread: Trade Question

Default Trade Question

I was wondering if you had a solution to trade routes which would undoubtably by broken on your larger more spread out map, I recall this being an issue for RTR a while back and would like to know how you intend to solve this.

The trade works properly after adding icons of resources to the map and i haven't done this yet, so i can't answear you for sure about that, but so far i didn't have any problems with trade.

k_raso's Avatar Biarchus

Hi y´all

Regarding the subject of trading, may I ask: Don`t you think that the naval trade routes are too short? In vainilla RTW, for example, a naval trade route from Athens didn`t reached farther than Kydonia, Thessalonica or Sparta, and in real life, the trade lanes of Athens stretched from Massillia and beyond, to Khersones... speccially to Khersones, since it`s importance for Athens for it`s grain, slaves and gold...

Maybe you could extend the sea trade distance to the entire map, in order to be more realystic... and more fun (given that the universe, geographically speaking, is much smaller than the one of vainilla RTW, so the distances in real life in the area of your mod are much smaller).

The NavalMod of RTR solved this problem, so it`s doable. Maybe that small mod could be adapted to this one, or maybe you could use it`s scripting...

See ya.

Sidmen's Avatar Mangod of Earth

True, but in the game this wouldn't make much sence. Especially if they don't majorly increase the ammount of merchant fleets a port produces.

On a side note, I don't think the ranges are limited at all, they just pick the most profitable trade route. (kinda wish I had control over who they trade to and what, that way I can use grain to its full potental/ keep large populations alive) I once took Kydonia as carthage (had lost sicily) and its port sent dyes to the city benieth carthage (can't remember its name)
    "For the humble doily is indeed the gateway to ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!"

~Sidmen, Member of the House of Wilpuri, Patronized by pannonian