Thread: Reinforcements Don't Speak

Default Reinforcements Don't Speak

I've noticed that if I have a reinforcement army, or I play as the reinforcement (AI ally attacks nearby and I help him), the units don't speak.

They will not say (shield wall, or sir, or march, or gaurd this area, etc.) Has anyone else noticed this problem? Is it just an SPQR problem?

it may be that they are very shy? lol j/k

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCommander
    it may be that they are very shy? lol j/k
    I don't like shy people, and I don't like my shy units. LOL

I haven't noticed it but hey, does it really matter in the greater scheme of things?

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

It's not SPQR's problem, I notice that and in vanilla 1.2 some time ago.
    New pics on 24/4/2007

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

I havent thought of that they dont talk, but i have noticed that they have no marching sound. They just move as silent as if they were flying.

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.

That is a slightly bigger problem, does CA know or care?

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

Ok, good to hear it wasn't just me. I've been modifying sounds and was worried that I might have FUBAR'd something.

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

Am i missing something?
    Excuse me, but what the hell is FUBAR'd? Never heard it before.

Quote Originally Posted by makeshift52
    That is a slightly bigger problem, does CA know or care?
    Did you mean the marching sound?

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.

FUBAR'd was GI slang amongst American troops during WWII, it means F'd Up Beyond Any Repair, I BELIEVE.

Anyway, I've noticed long ago that many mods, not just SPQR, tend to mess up things in the sounds department. Many units no longer talk, they dont say what unit they are when you click on them, they dont yell Halt! or say Yes? or anything.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Since 1.2, and maybe even before, reinforcements do not make noise. The generals bodygaurd cavalry make noise, but its the wrong noise, IE as though it was much fewer troops. Cavalry in general as reinforcements may also do this. That, I'm not too sure.

Reinforcements don't speak
    That's a blessing.

You were close on FUBAR. It is actually F'd up beyond all recognition. And yes the military has been using it for quite some time.

SPQR doesnt have any issues RZZZA, Your statement made it sound like naturally SPQR has an issue with the sound which it does not. I fixed any of the sounds issues a while ago.

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

I dunno what it is, maybe its just my computer personally, but generally all RTW mods tend to mess with sound issues a bit. Mods usually remove the original RTW campaign music and sometimes even battle music and replace it with their own. Sometimes units no longer speak after this happens, wether it is a mod problem or a personal computer problem or a compatability problem I dunno...but it happens sometimes.

Its usually Modders error if something that worked in RTW and then not in the mod. In SPQR the music has nothing to do with the Sounds of the units. But Editing some sounds like Removing Statements like Hastatii etc and changing them to say something different. Basically you have to make sure you change all the sounds for a unit type and this what can be missed. SPQR I have changed everything for the sounds so they work, The Reinforcements speaking, not sure as I dont remember them saying anything in the Vanilla RTW.

Mods that add ALOT of new units is where you get issues with units not speaking as they dont have the sound records to match the names they gave the units. RTR and some others this happens alot. Have you played SPQR 4.6?

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Yeah I didn't know if the problem was a vanilla problem, an spqr problem, or my own modding problem. I'm glad to hear it ain't mine or spqr's prob

player and ai reinforcements never make any sound at all
    they dont speak, shout orders, blow horn when they charge, or make any sound of marching
    this is all based off my vanilla experiences
    [BIG MTW2 SIG]
    Skyhigh - can't go out at night because he'd bump his head on the stars.