Thread: Pencil Legs

Default Pencil Legs

Sorry to repeat what must have been asked before, but I found nothing on a search...

The Legionaries in RTW have pencil shaped legs with no feet (basically). In mods such as RTR this has been corrected, we see. I have tried to replace various files in RTW with those from RTR, and aside from the new skin (lovely) there is no solution.

Does anyone know what the solution really is? Care to pass on a hint, please?

options->graphic settings->unit details high
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Just make sure you turn on unit shaders in your video options menu in RTW.
    Proud member of Rise of Persia
    ROP Faction Preview: Thrakian Bessoi
    ROP Faction Preview: Persia

Under the honourable and illuminating patronage of Perikles , reputable son of imb39 in the house of Wilpuri

There is another possible cause. If the above solution didn't work, open the preferences.txt file in the game directory and check that 'shader' is set to 'true'

edit: ahh, beat me to it

ajimenez3's Avatar Ducenarius

You could also find the Preferences.txt and find the entry UNIT_USE_SHADERS:TRUE This prevents your units having Pointy legs. This is caused from a CA bug introduced in patch 1.2.

Semper Fi
    Arturo
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them.
    John Bernard Books

Proud Member of the TWC Plebians/Peasants

Thanks lads-- that worked a treat!

Just make sure you turn on unit shaders in your video options menu in RTW.
    There is another possible cause. If the above solution didn't work, open the preferences.txt file in the game directory and check that 'shader' is set to 'true'
    You could also find the Preferences.txt and find the entry UNIT_USE_SHADERS:TRUE This prevents your units having Pointy legs.
    Lol.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.