Thread: Steam with non-default install location.

Default Steam with non-default install location.

Relevant "BEFORE YOU POST AN ERROR..." Data

Win7
    RTWgold 1.6, Alex. 1.9
    Steam
    C:\GAMES\Steam\steamapps\common\rome total war gold; C:\GAMES\Steam\steamapps\common\rome total war alexander
    Launch Parameters: -show_err -nm -movie_cam

Issues:

1) If I select the RomeTW-ALX engine in the launcher I get the following error.

You don't have Roma Surrectum II installed to the correct folder.
    Engine: RomeTW-ALX.exe, Faction campaign: -mod:play_rome
    In total: 'RomeTW-ALX.exe -mod:play_rome -show_err -nm -movie_cam'

2) When I start a campaign (RomeTW engine in launcher) the only option present under "choose your exe" is "X campaign with RTW". RTWgold includes Barbarian Invasion and I have Alexander installed as well yet their engines are not appearing as options. I can start a game using the RomeTW-BI engine in the launcher but there is no campaign mode. This last part does not appear to be a bug though.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.

Default Re: Steam with non-default install location.

Anyone have any ideas? I have too many games under steam to want to try reinstalling everything to the default path.

Default Re: Steam with non-default install location.

This is what I did dude to get it to work with alexander.

Copied Rome Total War Gold to Alexander, just overwrote all of it.

Installed RS2 into Alexander. *(Actually it was in there already when I copied with rome)*

Took awhile to get to work, for various reasons. But you have the right string for the rome campaign, RomeTW-ALX.exe -mod:play_rome -show_err -nm -movie_cam

The "no campaign" shows up when the game launches without the correct string if I remember correctly, like no mod:play_rome etc.
    Last edited by Capital; September 16, 2010 at 10:16 PM.