Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Progress?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Progress?

Hey folks, I just wondering if you could add a sticky post on what more you want to accomplish and what has been done already.

Like, you know, adding airplanes to the map or trains or tanks. That would help us looking for the progress a lot.

Thx for your hard work.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

BrotherSurplice's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Progress?

I like this idea

Thor did updates every day almost, here it takes a month! The team are doing a great job but it coud go a little faster according to me
    Napoleon total war my mods

Sweden is underrestimated! Sweden is underrestimated!

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by theodorsr View Post
    Thor did updates every day almost, here it takes a month! The team are doing a great job but it coud go a little faster according to me
    Wow is this a joke ? Do you have any idea of the time and hours we put in to give you free enjoyment and you make posts like this..

I'm delaying the next update another week because of this post. No joke.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    Wow is this a joke ? Do you have any idea of the time and hours we put in to give you free enjoyment and you make posts like this..

I'm delaying the next update another week because of this post. No joke.
    People just get impatient, i agree he shouldn't have started raging on the moders thats just lame becouse you spend alot of your freetime to release a good mod to us. But delaying it a week for one bad post? Cmon now..

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

I would like to point out that one post shouldn't result in a collective punishment of the TGW community. I do hope that Mitch withdraws his statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

asmorrey1's Avatar Tiro

now now gents what seems to be the trouble here. Surely a bit of an extreme reaction wouldn't you say Mitch? What about the rest of us appreciative members!? You can't make a mod and expect zero criticism now can you? well hope you change your mind!

"We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be, detested in France."- Arthur Wellesley 1st Duke of Wellington

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Yes obviously Im not going to set back a release just because of one person..

But seriously posts about the mod, good or bad, are great as they let us expand upon our work, requests that you would like more updates also very cool with us it will be done.

Posts that complain we aren't giving you free stuff quick enough out of our spare time.. No, they aren't so cool these people I have no time for.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Yes obviously Im not going to set back a release just because of one person..

But seriously posts about the mod, good or bad, are great as they let us expand upon our work, requests that you would like more updates also very cool with us it will be done.

Posts that complain we aren't giving you free stuff quick enough out of our spare time.. No, they aren't so cool these people I have no time for.
    Apparently you got one week.

But really you don't have to freak out becouse of one person who hasn't learned the etiquette of internet.

more on topic: I support the idea that the team in one way or another tells "We the people fans" what they have and are doing for the next release.
    "I saw on the stage a woman, dressed in her maid's clothes, hearing her husband speak the tenderest words to her he had in years because he thought she was someone else. And then her voice, a soaring forgivnesss, we were all forgiven."
    -- Salieri, Amadeus
    so i tested your mod. nothing great. just give up.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Discontent Emeritus

Not a bad idea though @ the poster who insist on a new updated every day, feel free to put all the models ingame today, that way you can have your update tomorrow

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Basicly this is what we do.

Featuring Mitch and Aankers hillarious dance.

Quote Originally Posted by theodorsr View Post
    Lets not overreact people. He doesn't know what's going on behind the scenes and i don't think he intended any harm.

I fully support the idea of progress updates, as I know how grateful I was whenever a mod team put one out. I would suggest a progress/preview thread, where we can announce our plans for future updates and essentially post any developments from our dev forum (if appropriate and ready of course).
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    Lets not overreact people. He doesn't know what's going on behind the scenes and i don't think he intended any harm.

I fully support the idea of progress updates, as I know how grateful I was whenever a mod team put one out. I would suggest a progress/preview thread, where we can announce our plans for future updates and essentially post any developments from our dev forum (if appropriate and ready of course).
    Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Hedge Knight View Post
    Basicly this is what we do.

Featuring Mitch and Aankers hillarious dance.
    I could just imagine all of those smiling, dancing, and singing men being the mod team.

It's a good way to relieve stress, eh? The whole mod team gets together for this big song and dance? Well, unless, of course, if that's all they do and they don't work on the mod at all.

But I agree with the thread creator. A few more updates would be nice, especially an update when you guys import a model and a picture ingame.
    New website for AtC (Advance to Combat, formerly known as Nations at War) Check it out here! We average 155 unique hits a day! AtC is a mod for Empire Total War focusing on implementing modern-day units into custom battles.

I am andand! Woo!

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

You think when we get a model ingame we aren't going to be pasting pictures of it all over the entire forum ? lol

Actually, haha, yeah you guys probably would. Good smiley you got there.

Also, how long does rigging take, if I may ask? I'm guessing it depends on the model, but say, for a helmet?
    New website for AtC (Advance to Combat, formerly known as Nations at War) Check it out here! We average 155 unique hits a day! AtC is a mod for Empire Total War focusing on implementing modern-day units into custom battles.

I am andand! Woo!

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Well BDIZZLE our modeller is doing an arty piece atm because amazingly they are the easiest to get in.

He's moved on from rigging onto the texturing.

All this will probably be in an update when we do a update thread as ya'll have asked for.

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

You think when we get a model ingame we aren't going to be pasting pictures of it all over the entire forum internet? lol
    Fixed.

anyway I think a progress/preview thread will be a good thing: it'll keep everyone updated and you will not have people suggesting things that are already being worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔crossjon♔ View Post
    anyway I think a progress/preview thread will be a good thing: it'll keep everyone updated and you will not have people suggesting things that are already being worked on.
    Ironically, Mitch just said that they were going to make an update thread when they have any updates.

I am andand! Woo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast