Thread: Graphics Contest - Design a Logo for a Business!

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Default Graphics Contest - Design a Logo for a Business!

Hey folks!

This is really random, but I thought I'd throw it your way. While I troll around the internet, I try to enter any/all contests that I come across, hoping that one or more will stick. My most recent internet searches involve the Lord of the Rings miniatures game, which I want to start playing. It is wicked expensive, which ordinarily would have me turn around immediately, but sentimental value for the films/books keeps me hoping for a good deal.

Anyways, that's what brought me across a contest for a new hobby store to design its business logo. The prize is some free models, and I decided I'd have a go - but my graphics skills quite lacking.

Here is a link to the contest: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum...st/316945.page

And here is what I've come up with (I would've liked to add an image of a Continental Army soldier(s), but as you can see I've done this up in Word, because I have zero PS skills - and instead of a cool, blended, natural look, it would pretty much just be clipart off to the side )

Attachment 108713

So, if you all would like to exercise your creative geniuses, and perhaps add a business logo to your portfolios, go have a shot. Alternatively, maybe you could help me make my version more professional for a sort of co-submission.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Kip; September 14, 2010 at 10:07 AM.

Product Designer

Default Re: Graphics Contest - Design a Logo for a Business!

moved this to the Graphics Discussion area.

I have looked into this stuff also, you can make good money with a good logo. 100/250euros of course, with a contest with money involved, your competition will generally be tough. If anyone is interested, and is dutch, i have a good dutch site which hosts this kind of stuff, they also hosted the Slam!FM summerbreak movie competition or something like that.
    DESARC92 / Product Design
    Once known as MarcelP | Product Designer | Under the Patronage of Legio
    Marcel's Modder's Resources | Tutorials | The Graphics Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Maяcel View Post
    moved this to the Graphics Discussion area.

I have looked into this stuff also, you can make good money with a good logo. 100/250euros of course, with a contest with money involved, your competition will generally be tough. If anyone is interested, and is dutch, i have a good dutch site which hosts this kind of stuff, they also hosted the Slam!FM summerbreak movie competition or something like that.
    I DEMAND THE LINK NOW... please?

TWC Son of the One and Only Abbews

Product Designer

DESARC92 / Product Design
    Once known as MarcelP | Product Designer | Under the Patronage of Legio
    Marcel's Modder's Resources | Tutorials | The Graphics Workshop