Thread: New Terrain?

Default New Terrain?

How different was 17th century japanese terrain from Ancient mediterranian?

Will there be new sets of battle map terrain, as well as new/edited ground types to go on ground_types.tga (and on the campaign map)?

Probably different types of trees and vegitations, as well as earth (dirt) types and rock formations, no?

I hope so. It'll be awesome if there will be new terrains to go with this awesome Japanese mod conversion. Japanese environment, the trees and farms are unique. It'll give an authentic Japanese "feel" if the environment resembled Japan. But I have a feeling there will be.

Here are photos taken from various locations in Japan. Click the Red boxes, upper left. All are landscape & vegetation photos.

http://www.confluence.org/country.php?id=74

Hello Guys! The map is based on Satellite photos so the geography should be right.About the vegetation,the technique is there,becouse not long time a go, Duke John released his tutorial how to create new vegetation,basicly its just up to it that does our graphics people have the time to create new one.I sure hope so.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy
    Here are photos taken from various locations in Japan. Click the Red boxes, upper left. All are landscape & vegetation photos.

http://www.confluence.org/country.php?id=74
    This is helpful I am adding this to the internet rescources page.... thanks
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!