Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: [RS 2.0] Fewer stacks, slightly shorter battles - BETA

Default Re: [RS 2.0] Fewer stacks, slightly shorter battles - BETA

But which file?
    EDU changes\Fewer stacks, shorter battles\Campaign_of_choice <-- I assume this changes all units for that campaign.
    EDU changes\Fewer stacks, shorter battles\data <-- But what about this? Works with all campaigns?
    EDU changes\Fewer stacks, shorter battles\data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\Single_Player <-- And this one?

asmorrey1's Avatar Tiro

Go into EDU changes and then into the 'Fewer stacks, shorter battles' folder. Copy everything in there and then navigate backwards into your RSII install location and paste. Merging and overwriting files. That should do it! Make sure to backup the each folder that will be overwritten just in case!

"We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be, detested in France."- Arthur Wellesley 1st Duke of Wellington

when this submod comes out???

i mean where to download

Would this mod work with RS 2.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Would this mod work with RS 2.5?
    Current versions of this and several other EDU altering sub-mods are now directly included with RS2.5.

Go to your RS2.5 data folder and then to the Important Stuff folder. There you should see a folder called "EDU changes", and therein are multiple altered EDU's, changing both battle length and unit cost.

Select the one that fits your liking and copy and paste the contents of the folder into your main RS2 directory (the one with the rtw exe in it). To return it to normal just select the default folder in EDU changes and do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by xsithspawnx View Post
    Current versions of this and several other EDU altering sub-mods are now directly included with RS2.5.

Go to your RS2.5 data folder and then to the Important Stuff folder. There you should see a folder called "EDU changes", and therein are multiple altered EDU's, changing both battle length and unit cost.

Select the one that fits your liking and copy and paste the contents of the folder into your main RS2 directory (the one with the rtw exe in it). To return it to normal just select the default folder in EDU changes and do the same thing.
    Many thanks!

I am really enjoying this submod and am currently playing as Rome. Battles are perfect but I still can't tell if the stacks are less or not. I also use the 4tpy script with 0 turn recruitment. I do have one question as to why Carthage will keep attacking Sardinia with endless stacks. Now mind you, they are not full stacks but two or three small stacks at a time. I am only about 25 turns in game but no matter if I have my navy near Sardinia, they will always find some way to put troops ashore. I have kicked the Carthaginians out of northern Italy with Hannibal finally dead but they just want that one island for some reason. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Sorry for necroing this ( I hope anyone in the know is still reading these Forums... ) .

I am playing RSII 2.6 . In "EDU changes", several of tone's variations are present. But, the one named after the variation presented in THIS thread - "Fewer stacks, slightly shorter battles" - seems to only change the roman campaign . At least it only has a "play_rome" folder inside. Which isnt consistent with what folders would be changed acc. tone's first post.

Now, theres a variation named "Fewer Stacks, shorter battles" present in "Edu changes". This seems to change all the campaigns, as well as one turns - it has several subfolders . I am just insecure whether this variation applies +15%/+15% changes to troop mortality/upkeep also ( which is the change I want to play with ).

I can simply download the .zip from here ofc, but id still like to know XD.

Thanks in advacne.

Yeah good question and to be honest I'm not sure what the answer is now as I've not looked at this for about a year. What I can do when I get access to the files again which might not be for a week or so would be to upload the excel spreadsheet if that's helpful so you can make edits yourself.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Thanks much for your answer tone !

If it is possible to have the spreadsheet uploaded, would be nice . I dont know anything about how to do changes and what they will do, but I think with all the Information available here on the Forums, Ill be able to learn from simply reading into that. And experimenting I guess XD .

While you are here, may I ask which of the compomnents of the _IMPORTANT_STUFF folder still work with 2.6 ? It appeares to me some of it is outdated .

Oh, and THANKS FOR RS II !!!

p.s.: I found you had uploaded a spreadsheet in 2010 already . http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...DU-spreadsheet If its that one you are talking about, I can grab it from that Thread.

Default [RS 2.0] Fewer stacks, slightly shorter battles - BETA

I will just say that fewer stacks is a splendid idea[emoji2]. I have played TW mods for years and loves it. My really big objection is that it is too many battles caused by too many stacks. RS is great but the endless fighting wears me out. Not very realistc either I presume. Looking very much forward to Chartage being part of the mod. My favourite faction.
    Less is more

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345