Thread: RSII Legion Composition and Tracking

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default RSII Legion Composition and Tracking

RS II Legion Composition and Tracking

Inspired by the wonderful works from Apple http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=204635 and Century X http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=151875 for RS I Legions, I decided to combine the following information for Legions' composition in RS II.

Note: Everything provided here is just my personal likes and fits my style of playing. Consider it as an inspiration for your personal adjustments

Republic Legion

A general composition of the Republican Legion could be the following:

1 General
    8 Republican Cohorts
    4 Triarii
    4 Velite
    2 Equites

With one free slot for mercenaries, artillery or any unit that fits best the current situation.

Named & Numbered Legion

A general composition of the Named and Numbered Legion could be the following:

1 General
    1 First Cohort
    9 Cohorts
    4 Auxilia
    2 Archers
    2 Cavalry

With one free slot for mercenaries or any unit that fits best the current situation.

Auxilia Field Legion

The Auxilia Field Legion is a support force for the Named Legion. Its composition could be:

1 General
    12 Auxilia
    4 Archers
    2 Cavalry

With one free slot for mercenaries or any unit that fits best the current situation.

Siege Auxilia Legion

A variation of the Auxilia Field Legion for use in sieges is the Siege Auxilia Legion. Its composition could be:

1 General
    10 Auxilia
    4 Archers
    2 Cavalry
    2 Artillery/Siege units

A full Striking Force could consist 4 stacks:

1 Named Legion

2 Auxilia Field Legions
    1 Siege Auxilia Legion

That force can carry on extended campaigns away from home, with the Auxilia Field Legions used to engage small enemy forces and replace any Named Legion’s thinned cohorts, the Siege Auxilia Legion carry on sieges and the Named Legion to fight the main battles and finish off the sieges.

I generally followed Century X’s system for the Legions and Army compositions.

I also remade the Excel file for organizing and keep tracking of your Legions which you can find attached for download here.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Please give all the credits to Century X and all the RSII team for their excellent and exceptional accomplishment.

Best Regards to All
    Thoas
    Last edited by Enasteron; September 14, 2010 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Grammatical Corrections
    Impossible is not a fact It's an opinion. Impossible is nothing.