Thread: Of Elenhin the Elf-Child

sirfiggin's Avatar Senator

Default Of Elenhin the Elf-Child

Long ago, when the World was Otherwise;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The prince stood on the shores of Lindon, staring out into the ruins of Beleriand. His face was caked in blood and ash, his sword by his side nicked almost beyond use, the waves gently washed over the sunken northlands, as if to try and remove the taint and sorrow of war. But it would not wash away the stains in the hearts of the survivors. The prince was a great captain of men, high in the esteem of his people, the House of Beor. For they knew his father well, and the deeds that would not be forgotten in the ages to come. He looked back, now, on his people. Perhaps eighty men of fighting age, and three, four times as many women and children, the fore-most in honour and valour, the folk of Beren, the man who with his love Luthien achieved what all the hosts of the Elves could not, the folk that fought the hardest in that last terrible war... for this day of peace. And yet it was undone. The two Silmarils that were still withheld were now lost forever, the third was in the sky. All that the sacrifice and toil, it seemed, was for naught. The people looked to him, for their last chieftain had died when the Mouths of Sirion were sacked. Since then, they had been led by Elenhin, Unspoken Son of Turin.

As his people went back to the camp, Elenhin saw a figure standing still on the shore. Eonwe, great commander of the forces of the Valar, smiling sympathetically at the half-elven's plight.

"Pity me all you wish, Herald, the fact remains that you will soon depart this accursed mortal realm for Aman, and then we will be left to pick up the ruins of our lives and try to make them afresh."

"Middle Earth has no more place for your people, or any of the Houses of the Edain. You and your kin will not have to stay here for long, Son of Turin"

"There is... somewhere else?"

The Maiar smiled, and pointed out, far to the South and West.

"You have lost faith in the compassion of the Valar, but do not be so hasty, for the Light of Earendil will aid you yet, see it shine!"

He was right; up in the heavens, even in the evening twilight, shone a star far brighter than the Morning Star, out to the west...

"Hear me, Peredhil, for the home your people seek is of now still under the sea, but one score years it will be ready, until that day you must find all those of the Edain, for their suffering has been great too, and Elros, he is the greatest of all Men alive, and will be your King, you must serve and protect him always."

Elenhin looked out again, to where his home would be. At last, he was at peace
    The Duke of Dunwich and surrounding fiefdom

For any who are interested by my FF on occurrences in Rhun and beyond; I have begun a new project (not because the old one is finished, just opening more room for ideas) about one of the minor characters, Rankal. It is in the Third Age AAR index and here is the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=376994

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Of Elenhin the Elf-Child

Excellent story sirfiggin! We want more! +rep

yay! btw did you read my last one? The main character in this is lifted straight from that, if you find him in it you might guess how this one goes

For any who are interested by my FF on occurrences in Rhun and beyond; I have begun a new project (not because the old one is finished, just opening more room for ideas) about one of the minor characters, Rankal. It is in the Third Age AAR index and here is the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=376994

Quote Originally Posted by sirfiggin View Post
    yay! btw did you read my last one? The main character in this is lifted straight from that, if you find him in it you might guess how this one goes
    No but I should check it out.

before I can even TOUCH this story again... going to need a copy of unfinished tales

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by sirfiggin View Post
    before I can even TOUCH this story again... going to need a copy of unfinished tales
    Ever heard of Wikipedia, Thain's Book, Tolkien Wiki, etc?

It's a whole different thing to read those stories and Christopher's thoughts about them than browsing through the facts of those tales on a wiki site.

Unfinished Tales is a nice book, the stories are nice to read and they certainly add something. For facts and other stuff you might need, the sites are enough.

Click here for the future Eurovision Songfestival winner
    The same brilliant person also made the BEST CHRISTMAS SONG EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus26 View Post
    I still love you Dutchies Tukker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahoma View Post
    Don't talk to my sister Paul!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    But Nazis like ponies!