Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proposal to restrain the patronising for a while

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Default Proposal to restrain the patronising for a while

I have a proposal.

I think we should restrain the patronising for a while. IMHO, Civitate title will start to lose it's importance if more members will become Civitates.

I like it the way it is now. A small club of priviledged people, to talk the matters of the republic and their own grievances.... :original:

What do you think?!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

No, Our new civitates are just as good as the old ones, suspending patronage rights and stopping people could prevent a future Great member from coming into our club. Lets not be elitist, we should maintain the high standard of civitates selection but not stop all people. It looks elitist.. its also unfair to our good members who have not yet become civitates.

no.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Unneccessary.

All we need is slightly stricter entrance requirements and a better idea of what the qualifications for Civitates are. We don't need to shut down patronisation.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

I never said shutting down patronisation.

What Justinian said it is very good. Choose Civitates very carefully....
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

They already do that, its just that we have so many good members here.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobus Maximus
    No, Our new civitates are just as good as the old ones, suspending patronage rights and stopping people could prevent a future Great member from coming into our club. Lets not be elitist, we should maintain the high standard of civitates selection but not stop all people. It looks elitist.. its also unfair to our good members who have not yet become civitates.

no.
    Listen up kiddies....Jacobus Maximus speaks the logical truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinian
    All we need is slightly stricter entrance requirements and a better idea of what the qualifications for Civitates are. We don't need to shut down patronisation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I
    What Justinian said it is very good. Choose Civitates very carefully....
    Why have there been any bad civitates of late? Who was the last person removed as a civitate? Come on you two, lets hear some examples.

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

The last Civ voted on and made civ and then removed was Ferrets. Thats the only one I remember... I odnt think we removed any when I was on staff... though, as always Sim will correct my memory, see machines dont forget. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobus Maximus

no.
    It doesn't look elitist, it is elitist. That's the whole point of having Civitates in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Torment
    It doesn't look elitist, it is elitist. That's the whole point of having Civitates in the first place.

Yes, but why make it even more elitist? Its not like they need to be of noble birth, have a ferrari etc. They just have to be good members, geez.

MoROmeTe's Avatar For my name is Legion

Stop patronization? No...

Stricter requirements? Yes.

In the long run, we are all dead - John Maynard Keynes
    Under the patronage of Lvcivs Vorenvs
    Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

Yes, but why make it even more elitist? Its not like they need to be of noble birth, have a ferrari etc. They just have to be good members, geez.
    Yes, but the idea of 'good member' has changed dramatically since the time when the first amphibians were climbing out of the sea and I was made civitate. I think the question here really is, how far can you stretch the definition of civitate whilst still targeting a very specific group and not offending those made civ who are not in said group?
    Under the patronage of Wilpuri;
    Despotic master of ZaPPPa and Rowan11088.

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by MoROmeTe the Dacian

:sign_stup

What he said. :wink:
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Quote Originally Posted by MoROmeTe the Dacian

That sounds like a good way to go.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

which is what Archer has already said that he is going to ensure the staff are doing.

Why we still going on about all this? It was killed off in the 'Too much red in TWC' thread?

If you want to be helpful please would you post your ideas of what a civitate should be in the http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38921 thread. I'm gonna try and put together a quick guide to what a civitate is and should be so that we can post it somewhere more prominently than the current (rather messy) guide.
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)

I just think the patricians should be more selective.

not really possible, selecting a client is a very subjective thing. I wouldn't have thought to select a lot of civitates, not because they aren't any good, simply because they don't fit with my mindset (and I'm sure a lot of Patricians wouldn't have picked my 3 clients).

Also, there are no real guidlines as to what a civitate is, no template, and nor could there ever really be one.

That's why it is so important that staff do their job as backstop correctly.

So are you saying that the best solution is that the staff who vote should become more selective?

not necessarily more selective, just take it a bit more seriously. Archer has posted that he's noticed that some civitates votes are replied to by staff as a yes within 5 minutes of the vote being posted. As he said, that can't be enough time to properly look into a prospective client. He's said he's gonna try to ensure the process is carried out properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacticalwithdrawal
    not necessarily more selective, just take it a bit more seriously. Archer has posted that he's noticed that some civitates votes are replied to by staff as a yes within 5 minutes of the vote being posted. As he said, that can't be enough time to properly look into a prospective client. He's said he's gonna try to ensure the process is carried out properly.
    Oh that's interesting. Yeah, so the staff need to vote more carefully and properly.

there's also a couple of other ideas floating around such as:

- a patron has to get their proposal to patronise someone seconded by their own patron.
    - the name of a person being patronised is posted in the Curia for 3 days before the staff vote opens. people then have those 3 days to PM positives or negatives about the person to staff who will take the comments into consideration in their vote.

So yup, there seems to be room for tweaking the system but it is working pretty well at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast