Thread: Hello, men of the Isles!

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Default Hello, men of the Isles!

Hail! I am creating a Late Dark Age/Early Middle Ages mod and I was hoping you guys could help me out on the Unit Roster...
    The beginning year is 968 A.D.
    I need information on an accurate but diverse Men of Alba Roster and historical settlement names.
    Can anybody help me out? You will be credited with any help, of course.
    OH. Do you guys have any unused units I could use for the Roster? I sent Absinthia a message about his dark age units (I know he's made many excellent ones and allowed a few people to use them) and he hasn't been online yet. Here is the link to my mod if you are interested. Clicky!
    I would love any help you can give, and you will be listed in the credits of my mod. Thanks again!!
    -Heathen Storm

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

Default Re: Hello, men of the Isles!

Our mod is set in the late 13th century. We are therefore concerned with a very different time period. We are still using the vanilla highlander models. These are historically inaccurate for our mod and would be even more so for yours. So we have no units that would be useful to you and a lot changed in the 300 years between your timeline and ours, sorry.

Good luck with your mod, it seems very ambitious!

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Good luck Heathen Storm, you've picked a fairly difficult time period to accurately (with any certainty) portray unit rosters and settlement names especially in Britain.

Although... I'm not sure why a mod focused on Alba needs to have so much focus on lands as far away as Russia, Byzantium, Asia and Italy, and even Spain. It seems that your mod description does not match up with your wanted inclusions. You need to focus more on what your mod is about and less on what you can add into it.

It seems an overtly ambitious project that needs some more clarity. Good luck, I'll check in with your forum to see how it's going from time to time

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bruce View Post
    Our mod is set in the late 13th century. We are therefore concerned with a very different time period. We are still using the vanilla highlander models. These are historically inaccurate for our mod and would be even more so for yours. So we have no units that would be useful to you and a lot changed in the 300 years between your timeline and ours, sorry.

Good luck with your mod, it seems very ambitious!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver View Post
    Good luck Heathen Storm, you've picked a fairly difficult time period to accurately (with any certainty) portray unit rosters and settlement names especially in Britain.

Although... I'm not sure why a mod focused on Alba needs to have so much focus on lands as far away as Russia, Byzantium, Asia and Italy, and even Spain. It seems that your mod description does not match up with your wanted inclusions. You need to focus more on what your mod is about and less on what you can add into it.

It seems an overtly ambitious project that needs some more clarity. Good luck, I'll check in with your forum to see how it's going from time to time
    Thank you both, for your kind words and well wishes!
    To The Border Reiver: To clarify a little bit, the mod is not centered on anything. The men of Alba are just a faction in it, not the focus.
    To The Bruce: Alright, thank you anyways I was not sure if the warfare of Scotland had changed a lot in the difference of time.
    Thank you again for your kind words and help. It's people like you guys that make modding so much easier
    Best of wishes!

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Oh I see, well that makes more sense! By the way I like your name by the way, I wish I had thought of that.