Thread: AAR Europe 1807 Campaign

Lasseman's Avatar Civis

Icon1 AAR Europe 1807 Campaign

AAR Europe 1807 Campaign

12 September 2010
    Alright, here I go. With this story I´ll try to give a good view of my Europe 1807 campaign on H/H. It´s not really my goal to get a great empire in a long time with all my infrastructure upgraded to the limit. I just want to test the campaign a bit. Play a lot of battles etc.
    At the start of the campaign this is my government and the place where Napoleon is:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Prussia only has 3 cities left and with Napoleon and Bernadotte being in Brandenburg and Ney being in Great Poland, they are most likely to be killed.
    My other armies:
    Paris – Murat
    Hannover – Davout
    Kroatia –Masséna

Now it´s time to play.
    I assaulted Stettin, Pommerania with Napoleon with the support of Bernadotte.
    The defender is Gerhard van Scharnshorst (with a full stack)

My First battle was a great success only 202 losses. Now Prussia has 2 cities left.

Masséna demaned the surrender of Zagreb, and he got it. Zagreb is now mine!
    And so the first turn concludes getting me 2 cities with very few losses and with an Income of +8000 I can construct some buildings and recruit some units next turn.

Next turn Berlin got besieged. I attacked the Prussian in the back with Napoleon. I resolved the battle and I won with very few losses again. At the same time, Wellington landed in Bretagne. I couldn´t get there in time so he took over Rennes.

In the same turn Davout is besieging Prague with some assistance of Bernadotte who left Berlin.
    The defender is Andreas Hofer, but it will be an easy victory.

I sustained 300 casualties in the battle, but Prague is mine.

Next turn Masséna was murdered. It´s time for me to get revenge.
    I decided to besiege Vienna.

It´s time to take revenge.
    600 losses, but I got the capital of Austria now.

Königsberg surrendered leaving only 1 city for the Prussians.

It´s time to get the annoying English Duke of Wellington of my land. Joachim Murat besieges Rennes in order to get him of the land and he immediately assaults.
    It was a tough battle and I lost my general. But it was worth it, Wellesley is sent home.

Time to end the turn.

When it was Austria´s turn they decided to besiege my undefended city of Zagreb.
    They didn´t assault just yet. It´s my turn now, so it´s time for Prussia to die and to recruit a new general in Bretagne. Since it´s early march now, I won´t suffer any attrition losses anymore.

This is the final stand for Prussia, they this is their last city. I think It will be a easy win for me, but as this is an important battle if will also be the first battle in which I give multiple battle screenshots.

At the very beginning of the battle I already killed their general with some artillery fire. Now It´s time to assault them with my Infantry and outflank them with my cavalry.

And this is the end of Prussia.

Now that Prussia is dead, I´ll give a screenshot of my objectives. And most likely I´m going to kill Austria now as England isn´t too much of a threat if I keep a reserve army in France.

As you can see I still need to capture 12 cities and Moscow and England. So for now my goal will be to destroy Austria and make a path towards Moscow and building up a full stack in France so I can invade England (I will need a whole fleet as well) But that’s for later, first I´m going to capture Olmütz with my army in Prague led by Davout. I won the battle fairly easy, their huge amount of artillery units gave me a bit of a worry before the battle, but my Grenadiers à Cheval did a great job neutralizing them.

This is my first AAR, I hope you like it, I´ll try to play some more when I have time.

Regards,
    Lasseman
    Last edited by Lasseman; September 12, 2010 at 05:05 AM.

KDK's Avatar Pro Rege Et Grege

Default Re: AAR Europe 1807 Campaign

seconded

+rep!

Lasseman's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Nice AAR Lasseman +Rep

/iutland
    Quote Originally Posted by KDK View Post
    seconded

+rep!
    Thanks mates

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

+rep
    Fun read... love how the General dies early on with artillery in prussian last stand... a bit anti climatic don't you think hehe...