Thread: timing of barracks events

Default timing of barracks events

I am playing an early era campaign and i was wondering when i will get feudal knights and when will i get chivalric knights, it would be greatly appreciated if somebody could help me.

Thanks in advance,
    Seeker

Proudly Editing Borissomeone's Fan Fiction (here)

Default Re: timing of barracks events

I think you're looking for the Heavy Mail Armor [sic] event for feudal knights (and other feudal units). According to descr_events.txt, that event should happen between 1200-1215. Chivalric units should appear between 1380-1400, after the "Full Plate [sic] Armor" event.

For future reference, events can be found in descr_events.txt in Stainless_Steel_6/Data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/. The file has entries like
    event historic HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR
    date 100 115
    The date is really the number of turns since you started.
    I don't always talk in tautologies, but when I do, I talk in tautologies.

The Heavy Mail event has always happened to me in 1200. 1240 is Gunpowder and Coat Of Plates. 1310 is Partial Plate. 1380 is Full. 1400 is Improved Metallurgy. I've never had any variance in these dates.

Quote Originally Posted by AClockworkOrange View Post
    For future reference, events can be found in descr_events.txt in Stainless_Steel_6/Data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/. The file has entries like

The date is really the number of turns since you started.
    Thanks, i did know where the file was and wat it meant i just didnt know which events corresponded with which units appearing

Proudly Editing Borissomeone's Fan Fiction (here)