Thread: Multiple Merchants on one spot Exploit

Icon10 Multiple Merchants on one spot Exploit

Place 'em all in a unit which is on a trade spot and hey presto... getting 1k plus profit from this spot... now imagine doing that on gold I would do this in your own provinces though as hostile people would own that little merchant envoy.... unless you just use a whole stack on it

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Don't forget to rep me if you like something I did/ or not lol

See that green thingy under the Carroburg banner? click it!

Pwning as the Pope on VH/VH Savage AI SS 6.4!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=430026

Default Re: Multiple Merchants on one spot Exploit

yeah it's known for a while, you can also put a fort on the resources and stack it with merchants
    Kwarezmian!

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

Old trick buddy, very old.
    It's so old that it's forbidden in hotseats
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Roman View Post
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    TWC is ruining my abilty to have an erection
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Regarding the Irish, if its between them and the Timurids:
    Irish: ran around bogs and forests munching on potatoes
    Timurids: slaughtered millions and threw empires into terror
    OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour
    When in doubt, say - Trve Norsk Blękk Mettal

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Supremacy1914 - the best MMO

Spoiler for Dangerous stuff
    Code:
    Signature stock:  

So... let us know when that merchant army of yours turns rebel

Campidoctor

Or just open up the console if you want to cheat - easier and saves you time.
    The game development business is one of bottomless greed, pitiless cruelty, venal treachery, rampant competition, low politics and boundless personal ambition. New game series are rising, and others are starting their long slide into obscurity and defeat.

Creeds's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Or just open up the console if you want to cheat - easier and saves you time.

Errare humanum est sed perseverare diabolicum...
    Carpe Diem...
    Memento Mori...

Aequitas...

I never noticed it before, plus that merchant (rebel) died when I "moved" him with my army, guess he had a huge heart attack lol

Quote Originally Posted by RabidSheepLegion View Post
    Place 'em all in a unit which is on a trade spot and hey presto... getting 1k plus profit from this spot... now imagine doing that on gold I would do this in your own provinces though as hostile people would own that little merchant envoy.... unless you just use a whole stack on it

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    In Vanilla as Scotland, I built a fort and garrisoned it with troops and merchants in Polish territory once I had grabbed Thorn (I was doing an eastward push into the Baltic). The Polish really didn't like it, and the HRE didn't like it either (who were their allies). I had forts established at the bridges near Thorn to prevent unwanted invasion. Then Novgorod/Russia came down to party, and it became very hard to hold

Thorn was a very busy training center

It seems forts and resources don't quite go together anymore. Something about:
    <allow_resource_forts bool="false"/>

Small Captain (1-unit) stacks might rebel, but if you have a loyal general to waste I guess he might be willing to stand guard on your merchants >.> I think I once had a 7 dread general who sadly had the "Incompetent General" trait or something - quite loyal but couldn't ever get command stars. Someone like that might be perfect as a merchant guard.
    Last edited by Alavaria; September 12, 2010 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    It seems forts and resources don't quite go together anymore. Something about:
    <allow_resource_forts bool="false"/>

Small Captain (1-unit) stacks might rebel, but if you have a loyal general to waste I guess he might be willing to stand guard on your merchants >.> I think I once had a 7 dread general who sadly had the "Incompetent General" trait or something - quite loyal but couldn't ever get command stars. Someone like that might be perfect as a merchant guard.
    Ah, thank you, sounds like a cunning plan sire

i would hardly call it an exploit, the money merchants make alone is barely noticeable, but when stacked on a good local resource they become a decent source of income, but not game breaking

Quote Originally Posted by adecoy95 View Post
    i would hardly call it an exploit, the money merchants make alone is barely noticeable, but when stacked on a good local resource they become a decent source of income, but not game breaking
    The fact that you are capable of doing it, but the AI is not programmed to take advantage of it is what most people consider it (like other things) to be an exploit.

Close to home, merchants don't make a lot of money, but move them to a decent distant resource, and the money can flow in.

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

No way. I new knew of this "old" exploit. Thanks for this! +rep

i think this "exploit" also takes away the chance of a merchant developing monopoly traits.

I have 20 merchants on gold in my game currently, pulls in about 25k, but since all my cities lose about 400 to 600 per turn to devastation it does not cause me any guilty moments...
    My empire is so big and unwieldy its the only thing that stops me going into the red every turn!