Thread: geomod + rpm

Default geomod + rpm

Anyone ever try editing names with this mod?, I can delete faction characters, but i cannot rename them such as changing rufus to william etc. the game wont load, it just goes back to starting menu, anyone have a sucessful way of renaming characters? or adding new family members i tried adding new family members to HRE and it wouldn't load either, otherwise it's a great mod just a little picky about some of the names in the game

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: geomod + rpm

You don't like the old vanilla family names in my mod?

The names have to be both in the names.txt and descr_names.txt and the names.txt.string.bin has to regenerate itself for your changes to show up. You also need to delete the map.rwm and start a new campaign. Check the descr_strat.txt to see if your name change affect it, also.

Above all, have fun.

The mod itself is absolutely amazing, the best mod i have tried so far by far, im just picky about names, what i did to change the names was find Rufus in geomod, then select his name and changed it to william then validate it, made sure it was right under the family tree etc, and all was done correctly, even in the desc_strat it shows rufus as william i also deleted the map.rwm
    Last edited by ktknx; September 11, 2010 at 04:15 PM.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

If Geomod did its job, it should change it all at once. Geomod and me are not friends so I do it "the hard way". If it does not change ingame, check the time and date of the names.txt.strings.bin. If it did not change you hav an error somewhere.

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

Using geomod to change names is like going to hunt flies with a bazooka. Any text editor is great for editing names. As irishron said, you must change the descr_name and then check if the corresponding name is in names.txt. There's a Name Verifier tool that you can use to make sure is correct. Also, remember, if you want to make a general from the start to have a different name, you must change him in descr_strat.