Thread: Senate elections?

Default Senate elections?

Maybe i missed it in the readme but are there any senate elections in the SPQR mod, (sorry i should rephrase there are no elections in my game 140 turns in all the original senators have died of old age, well excluding the final one who i had assasinated, for the last 50 ish turns the senate has been completely empty, i'm using the four seasons (show me how button) option, brutii faction destroyed about 40 turns in with the plague ravaging the final member, not sure if that had any effect, though there were no elections prior to this, i'm not sure if i've got a corrupted download, asides from that it truly is a wonderful mod and appreciations LT and team.

On my game there are elections.

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

yeah i've just checked the forum and it seems there are senate elections, makeshift, it's pretty strange, i took it that with the removal of diplomats that this was another game change (should've realised though that it's pretty intrinsic to the roman factions) not sure what's happened, no other mods installed no ther game issues with it, still the julii faction seem to be influential enough. Though if anybody can offer any suggestions to fix this, without the loss of my campaign it sure would be good.

Seems like it could be the four season option which is the cause of the problem, does run fine with this option turned off. Looks like it's time for a new campaign.

Yes its a known Bug, the 4 turn script has been removed from SPQR 5.0. I think there is a thread somewhere on the forum that discusses the problem.

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004