View Poll Results: What factions would you like to see in the next MAJOR release.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • (Choose 1 for faction 1) Faction 1, France

18 26.87%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 1) Faction 1, Germany

39 58.21%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 1) Faction 1, Poland

4 5.97%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 2) Faction 2, Denmark

24 35.82%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 2) Faction 2, Romania

14 20.90%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 3) Faction 3, Benelux

17 25.37%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 3) Faction 3, Australia & NZ

31 46.27%
  • (Choose 1 for insurgent) Insurgent, Haqqani Network

20 29.85%
  • (Choose 1 for insurgent) Insurgent, Lakshar-e-Taiba

16 23.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Advance to Contact:- 0.5.1 Beta released. Poll to choose the next 4 factions!

Default Re: Advance to Contact:- 0.5.1 Beta released. Poll to choose the next 4 factions!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jay View Post
    Where did you hear that??? Our discipline is HUGE!!! My brother wines about it all the time

Usually where ever the Brits and Aussies are, the Aussies do better than the Brits...

And in my opinion (DONT WANT TO CAUSE OFFENSE) the US regulars are a bit soft.
    Regulars?....

That dosent tell e anything, rangers, army, marines, seals, navy, airforce, have you sen marine training?

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

Default Re: Advance to Contact:- 0.5.1 Beta released. Poll to choose the next 4 factions!

I ment regular army, sorry

and yes I am farmiliar with the training of the marines, but I am certain the SAS are better trained. I dont blame the US for their best troops being lower quality, because they have sooooo much more of them compared to the commenwealth's best troops.

avion365's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jay View Post
    I ment regular army, sorry

and yes I am farmiliar with the training of the marines, but I am certain the SAS are better trained. I dont blame the US for their best troops being lower quality, because they have sooooo much more of them compared to the commenwealth's best troops.
    don't rate on how better some one is by how much they have. i am completly sure that u.s. navy seals are equvalinte in ability to the S.A.S., while Delta is in a realm of its own.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    quote of all time
    Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    I am sorry I was wrong.

Youtube
    Justin Bieber: God sent me to make music
    Disturbed: No we didn't

Poland has only 4 votes? Come on y'all, you can't forget Poland!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mahTGNIk4q4

Ya, don't downgrade US troops. You have proved no evidence what so ever that Australian troops are better than US troops except for your or arrogance. So I have a question. When you say that Australian troops are placed in next to american troops in the field to teach them how to be 'real soldiers', what exactly do you mean? How are they not real soldiers? My step dad is an Army Ranger and he trained with British SAS, and yes they are better trained than Army Rangers and Marines. But Army Rangers and Marines ARE NOT SF!!! You cant compare the two! SAS is SF. And have you ever heard about US NAVY SEALS training, there more bad ass than you give them credit for.

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

Whilst Commonwealth training does tend to be better, you can't discredit the US. However, the problem with the US is that some regular units may be fantastically trained, and some only at National Guard level, and again, in the Guard, some Guards are crap, some are above army level. There is no consistency like you find in the British army for example.

May I suggest that this discussion either move to PM or to the VV section of the forum where I will be happy to debate with you all. Thank you.

You know that during wwII usa was considered to have worst soldiers in the allied army? Overall they were classed second worst after italians.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipVonZietek View Post
    You know that during wwII usa was considered to have worst soldiers in the allied army? Overall they were classed second worst after italians.
    According to whom? And by the way, I don't think the Italians were in the allied army ...

Overall italians were worse i meant in terms of both axis and allied armies.

Ah and you asked by whom. By everyone excepting amercians.
    Last edited by FilipVonZietek; November 18, 2011 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipVonZietek View Post
    Overall italians were worse i meant in terms of both axis and allied armies.

Ah and you asked by whom. By everyone excepting amercians.
    So you asked everyone (except Americans) who fought in WW2, and that's what they told you? Your research project must've taken a long time

Seriously? The Americans? Surely the worst army in terms of troop quality would be our dear friends the Soviets?

Anyway, would you all please take this discussion to the VV. The world wars are not something AtC concerns itself with.

You cant even imagine how many hardships i had to endure, how much time and effort it costed to ask everyone about that. You could apriciate my effort, siorusly i am disapoint.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I cant believe there is a discussion on Navy Seals being better than SAS.

You can't train to be in the SAS your selected from a shortlist of usually 100-200 soldiers at a time. You then go on several courses proving endurance, hardship, mental and tactical efforts. Towards the end you ar locked in a room and beaten, starved and mentally abused by officers. You can only reply with your regimental unit and rank. After selection you are often thrown into a ditch for recon training where no matter the cold or weather you have to remain still and silent scouting a single target for often over 3 days. You know when an SAS soldier fires their weapon their effectively aiming for one shot to hit your chest which will stun you and 2 in the head which guarantees killing their target.

Maybe you also didn't know about how less than 10 SAS soldiers held off over 200-300 militia with very minor air support. The US government tried to place several members of their seals on SAS training and guess what... none of them passed. They believe that your 1/1000 if your SAS.

Do you know the only force capable of stopping the SAS in a even firefight. Russian Spetsnaz... I have a friend that worked with them who is a US army ranger and he said himself that the two Spetsnaz could of taken out their entire unit in training.

If you want a list of the top 4 special forces, you'll find that its these;
    SAS-SBS
    Russian Spetsnaz
    Special Ghurkha Regiment
    Delta Team
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post

Maybe you also didn't know about how less than 10 SAS soldiers held off over 200-300 militia with very minor air support.
    Battle of Mirbat, 9 SAS vs 400 Adoo. I've met one of the guys who fought there (and at princes gate).

10 sas + 30 or more locals defending a fort

Typical for british to neglect their allies.

9 SAS, plus 40 Omani soldiers, of those 40, only 2 helped in the fight, the other 38 hid in the church, and the 2 that did help only helped toward the end. The fort was more a small building with machine guns on the roof, and 800 metres away the churchlike/fort building where none of the SAS were actually housed, it was an Omani barracks. Next to this building was the gun pit with the 25pdr, which was unmanned and a single SAS trooper sprinted the 800m under fire to get to it.

Typical for British to get their facts right and do more than check wikipedia like talking to someone who was actually there like I have.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thank you for correcting me, I knew of the battle and read almost all the reports but couldn't remember the exact details. As for the comment of it being typical of British to neglect their ally. Its typical of US to shoot and kill their ally... I.e the 24 Pakistani soldiers that died a couple of weeks back. The airstrike on a British vehicle which killed 5 of our troops.

Your forces have never been well trainned in comparison to others. The French foreign legion are more than a match for your navy seals and their FRENCH lol. Seriously though the only good unit you have are delta force. Even they have a blank cheque when it comes to support.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post
    Its typical of US to shoot and kill their ally...
    Not really a fair comment either. I have heard that the ANA called in the airstrike.

although the 2 famous blue on blue attacks on British armour were the result of ignorance, its not like it's a common occurrence or that only US troops do it.

Being interested in this mod i was well let down to see all of the units looked like empire total war units

have i installed the mod wrong or have they just not
    been implemented yet (love the mod so far though!}

RULE BRITTANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats all i have to say

The units skins haven't been done yet I'm afraid.