View Poll Results: What factions would you like to see in the next MAJOR release.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • (Choose 1 for faction 1) Faction 1, France

18 26.87%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 1) Faction 1, Germany

39 58.21%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 1) Faction 1, Poland

4 5.97%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 2) Faction 2, Denmark

24 35.82%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 2) Faction 2, Romania

14 20.90%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 3) Faction 3, Benelux

17 25.37%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 3) Faction 3, Australia & NZ

31 46.27%
  • (Choose 1 for insurgent) Insurgent, Haqqani Network

20 29.85%
  • (Choose 1 for insurgent) Insurgent, Lakshar-e-Taiba

16 23.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Advance to Contact:- 0.5.1 Beta released. Poll to choose the next 4 factions!

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Advance to Contact:- 0.5.1 Beta released. Poll to choose the next 4 factions!

Believe me, you'd know if it was!

It's still a huge announcement though.

Default Re: Advance to Contact:- 0.5.1 Beta released. Poll to choose the next 4 factions!

hi is this mod still being worked on cause i was really looking foward to it?

Yes, yes it is.

Here is a snippet from a new project we are working on. Try and guess what we may be doing?

No, its not German

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    Yes, yes it is.

Here is a snippet from a new project we are working on. Try and guess what we may be doing?

No, its not German
    lol that was my first guess (German Tank) then i saw what you said and now i have no clue although it does look abit WW2ish.

It IS a German tank, (PzKpfW IV Ausf. G or H), which was reacquired by the Syrian Army in the 60s, when Syria became independent from France. Some of these tanks were used in the Six Days War in the Golan Heights.

^ bingo

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

Hey

I only just found this mod today, and it looks great

BUT, I was wondering how the Australians will be portayed in this mod? How good of quality are you making their troops?

I'm Australian, and I know a fare bit about out army. If you need any help on them I will be glad to chip in

And sorry, but I can't download your beta yet, because my internet is capped for the next 3 days

We are going to launch a new project very soon from now, so this beta will be on the backfoot, however we will come back to it, and we will address the Australians then. Please provide any information you think is relevant!

Ok, well here is a little basic information on the Australian Army (I think it's relevent)

- Our Regular troops have the best training in the world and the 2nd highest standards (this makes a killer warrior )

- Our Most elite troops (SAS) are part of the most elite troops in the world (they're part of the British SAS unit, but the Australian Soldiers are classed as the best in the unit). Their training is the same as the US most elite (Marines or SEALS, I cant remember ) but they are trained a little better in espionage/counter spying, and have higher standards.

- In the Middle East, they put our SAS in the front lines with the American Army, so that our best can teach their worst how to be real soldiers (THAT IS THE REAL REASON )

- An example of our SAS skill: In Vietnam, our SAS killed 600 enemies, and we only lost 2 soldiers to the enemy.

- Our Army is not very big (60,000 last time I checked, or maybe it was 40,000 ) but we make up for it with our REALLY good training, and high standards.

- I'm not sure how well trained our tank crews are, but I do know that in the wars, our infantry served much better than armour units (I would think they are equal to the US tank crews).

- Also, our pilots are ranked top in the world, this probably is not relevent though (NZ is second).

I hope that helped

this looks very promising, my parayers that you finsh the project!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jay View Post
    Ok, well here is a little basic information on the Australian Army (I think it's relevent)

- Our Regular troops have the best training in the world and the 2nd highest standards (this makes a killer warrior )

- Our Most elite troops (SAS) are part of the most elite troops in the world (they're part of the British SAS unit, but the Australian Soldiers are classed as the best in the unit). Their training is the same as the US most elite (Marines or SEALS, I cant remember ) but they are trained a little better in espionage/counter spying, and have higher standards.

- In the Middle East, they put our SAS in the front lines with the American Army, so that our best can teach their worst how to be real soldiers (THAT IS THE REAL REASON )

- An example of our SAS skill: In Vietnam, our SAS killed 600 enemies, and we only lost 2 soldiers to the enemy.

- Our Army is not very big (60,000 last time I checked, or maybe it was 40,000 ) but we make up for it with our REALLY good training, and high standards.

- I'm not sure how well trained our tank crews are, but I do know that in the wars, our infantry served much better than armour units (I would think they are equal to the US tank crews).

- Also, our pilots are ranked top in the world, this probably is not relevent though (NZ is second).

I hope that helped
    Australian troops have a nasty tendency to die unpleasantly due to the massive swelling of their heads presenting easy targets for insurgent and 'friendly' fire, and posing a significant air-traffic control hazard for low-flying aircraft.

Anyway, just DLed the mod, looking forward to seeing how it plays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane! View Post
    How about we define the rights that allow a government to say that isn't within my freedom.

I'm not sure where your getting this evidence from, but non-the-less, we have the best training in the world and the 2nd highest standards (highest standards for SAS). We actually have the most elite army in the world, but like I said above, no were near the biggest.

Whilst Commonwealth nations generally are better trained than anyone else, including the Americans, out of all the Commonwealth nations the prize for the best training would probably go to Great Britain. Some British unit's basic training is longer than the training for some elite or spec ops US units. There are many US servicemen who appreciate the finer qualities of British army training. As for elite units. Australian SAS is a fantastic special forces unit, definitely up there with the rest of the worlds best, but not quite at the level of the original SAS I'd say. Britain's tripartite arm of special forces, with support from elite units such as the BRF, Pathfinders, an entire parachute battalion and a commando brigade are a world beater.

As for pilots, Israeli, American, British and French pilots would all be considered ahead of Australian ones.

The Australian army is a tight, neat little unit, its standards are indeed very high, its training and equipment are both exceptional, modelled on the British Army (defo at first) but not quite at the level of Britain's. (Although the UK's procurement procedure lets it down, and there are some bits of kit that just aren't needed yet cost millions to introduced). And that figures, the UK can spend more, has had longer to build up such training methods, has had plenty of combat experience, is famous for its core values, one of which is supreme accuracy. Whereas Australian troops are famous for their stubbornness in battle, cool, relaxed attitude (negative as well as positive) and general toughness and great with the outdoors. Great people to have on side.

Our troops training is the same as UK, but our standards are higher. Same with our SAS, we have the same training as the Brits, but higher standards.

AND, I will try to find some evidence of Australian pilots superiority

Our troops training is the same as UK, but our standards are higher. Same with our SAS, we have the same training as the Brits, but higher standards.

This is really just fanwank by all parties. Everyone likes the pretend they are the best. No one really is.

Anyway, my mod seems to have bugged. All I have are dismounted dragoons firing really fast. No different weapons or skins. Nor any of the custom maps.
    How about we define the rights that allow a government to say that isn't within my freedom.

Except I'm better positioned than many to talk about these things RT

As for mod bugs.

There are no skins in game, but how are the fast firing units wrong?

Please message Falconpilot with your bug reports

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    Except I'm better positioned than many to talk about these things RT

As for mod bugs.

There are no skins in game, but how are the fast firing units wrong?

Please message Falconpilot with your bug reports

Ah, no skins in game. Sorry, I was under the impression the beta included skins. No, sorry, then there's nothing wrong with the units at all really.

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

I hope that helped

Huh...I heard Australian soldiers were undisciplined and rowdy.

Eh casulty rates and weapon acecuracy is insane. On max range (400 meters infantry can be wiped out in seconds). In reality most (around90%) shots hit the torso which is well protected
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd9-hreCYz8
    Espiecially on such range there is no way for vest could be penetrated and fire so acecurate
    Last edited by FilipVonZietek; November 03, 2011 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza93 View Post
    Huh...I heard Australian soldiers were undisciplined and rowdy.
    Where did you hear that??? Our discipline is HUGE!!! My brother wines about it all the time

Usually where ever the Brits and Aussies are, the Aussies do better than the Brits...

And in my opinion (DONT WANT TO CAUSE OFFENSE) the US regulars are a bit soft.
    Last edited by Dee Jay; November 04, 2011 at 01:38 AM.