View Poll Results: What factions would you like to see in the next MAJOR release.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • (Choose 1 for faction 1) Faction 1, France

18 26.87%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 1) Faction 1, Germany

39 58.21%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 1) Faction 1, Poland

4 5.97%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 2) Faction 2, Denmark

24 35.82%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 2) Faction 2, Romania

14 20.90%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 3) Faction 3, Benelux

17 25.37%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 3) Faction 3, Australia & NZ

31 46.27%
  • (Choose 1 for insurgent) Insurgent, Haqqani Network

20 29.85%
  • (Choose 1 for insurgent) Insurgent, Lakshar-e-Taiba

16 23.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Advance to Contact:- 0.5.1 Beta released. Poll to choose the next 4 factions!

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

Default Re: Advance to Contact:- 0.5.1 Beta released. Poll to choose the next 4 factions!

We've got a special sunday suprise for you!

Take a look at our 8 weapons ingame!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

AK74 (made and skinned by Yosemite)

AKM (Made by WelshManDan & Skinned by Grimbold)

AMD65 (Made by WelshManDan & Skinned by Grimbold)

L1A1 (Made by WelshManDan & Skinned by Grimbold)

L85 (made and skinned by Yosemite)

M4A1 (Made by WelshManDan & Skinned by Grimbold)

PKM (Made by WelshManDan & Skinned by Grimbold)

Remington Shotgun (made and skinned by Yosemite)

Also here are some screens of a MARINE! (no not a space marine )

Marine unit model (WIP) (made and skinned by Yosemite)

And we got many more coming! we got a new unit modeller & skinner and out weapon modeller is working at full speed!

You wanna hear a secret?
    A really really big secret?
    well it's not a big secret
    but it should be fun for our fans!
    weapon attachments are coming expect grenade launchers, bayonets, double magazines, scopes and many more!

I hope you enjoyed! (these will all be in our next release though we will wait to release until we got more unit models)

Oh and don't forget to rep the people who made these(Yosemite, welshmandan & Grimbold)! They are doing an epic job!
    Last edited by Falconpilot; March 13, 2011 at 10:20 AM.

Default Re: Advance to Contact:- 0.5.1 Beta released. Poll to choose the next 4 factions!

Nice work guys
    Though you really should take your screenshots with a machine that can handle better graphics, lower settings don't exactly flatter the new models
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

=) Cheers TC

We are still working on a major, major surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
    Nice work guys
    Though you really should take your screenshots with a machine that can handle better graphics, lower settings don't exactly flatter the new models
    damn, my pc was on high, changed it to ultra high and it's alot better, gonna upload new screens with higher quality later today

TMK's Avatar BC Local Moderator

Beautiful! I love the L85!
    Is it me or one some the guns the unit is holding it right. Also the gun for the marine is being swallowed by him.
    Nevertheless + rep to all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMalevolentKing View Post
    Beautiful! I love the L85!
    Is it me or one some the guns the unit is holding it right. Also the gun for the marine is being swallowed by him.
    Nevertheless + rep to all of you!
    the placing of the weapons is something I will fix, I didn't look for it in these screenshots

The marine is still a work in progress but yes it is one of the problems and I can't seem to get it fixed

Updated with Higher quality (on ultra settings)

Quote Originally Posted by Falconpilot View Post
    We've got a special sunday suprise for you!

Take a look at our 8 weapons ingame!

AK74 (made and skinned by Yosemite)

AKM (Made by WelshManDan & Skinned by Grimbold)

AMD65 (Made by WelshManDan & Skinned by Grimbold)

L1A1 (Made by WelshManDan & Skinned by Grimbold)

L85 (made and skinned by Yosemite)

M4A1 (Made by WelshManDan & Skinned by Grimbold)

PKM (Made by WelshManDan & Skinned by Grimbold)

Remington Shotgun (made and skinned by Yosemite)

And we got many more coming! we got a new unit modeller & skinner and out weapon modeller is working at full speed!

You wanna hear a secret?
    A really really big secret?
    well it's not a big secret
    but it should be fun for our fans!
    weapon attachments are coming expect grenade launchers, bayonets, double magazines, scopes and many more!

I hope you enjoyed! (these will all be in our next release though we will wait to release until we got more unit models)

Oh and don't forget to rep the people who made these(Yosemite, welshmandan & Grimbold)! They are doing an epic job!
    wait how'd you get the soldiers to lay down?!?!?!?!?!?!?! usually its just on a knee but i noticed they are laying down to how'd you do that!!!

P.S. EPIC!!!! weapons by the way

magic is the key shugo, magic

no we fiddled around with some animations which make them lay down sometimes

Excellent work!! Question though whats rate of fire of teh L1A1 how will it compare to a L85 for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Nulli Secundus View Post
    Excellent work!! Question though whats rate of fire of teh L1A1 how will it compare to a L85 for example?
    thats a trick question, problem is still the slow reload and we can't seem to fix this, the L85 will simply have more bullets per shot (lets say everytime they fire they don't shoot 1 bullet, but 3 of them for example) this will make the L85 fire 'faster'. It's basically the only solution we have for the problem until we can fix the reload animation.
    Last edited by Falconpilot; March 15, 2011 at 02:16 AM.

Replace L1A1 with L85 in that sentence.

Ok then clever solution! Another question, are front line UK infantry armed with L85s going to have SUSATs?

Yes, but light role infantry will not

Quote Originally Posted by Falconpilot View Post

Wait... is that ACU I see on the US Marine?

ACU?

Yes that appears to be ACU (Army Combat Uniform) The Marine Corps uses MARPAT to my best knowledge correct though if I am incorrect. Though I don't doubt you wouldn't tell me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nulli Secundus View Post
    The Marine Corps uses MARPAT to my best knowledge
    Yeh, you're correct
    Woodland MARPAT (MARine PATtern):

Desert MARPAT:

Some ref pics, guy on right is wearing MARPAT, guy on left is a Singapore guardsman:

Desert MARPAT ref:

Woodland MARPAT ref:

US Army ACU:

Another ref of ACU:

Now we need a Libyan map and some loyalist units to go along with it for the next release. eh? Though I do wonder about The UK's decision about HMS Ark Royal.

A lot of the ships and planes the UK have sent are types/ones that are being scrapped, e.g, the two Nimrods that were granted an extenstion have been sent, the sentinels have been sent, HMS Cumberland etc. It seems like the RAF's saying "hey, hey, we need these damn planes" and the navy is saying the same thing but with ships thrown in. Now I'm no political analyst, but it seems Cameron is letting the forces do this.

They won't turn around Ark Royal, Ocean, the Harriers, the 9 new Nimrods or the army cuts IMO because they've already began work to scrap them. Although, with things like the Challenger 2, it would be a better alternative to store than scrap. Damn, don't get me started on the cuts, we'd be here forever, although I do have an alternative cut plan