View Poll Results: What factions would you like to see in the next MAJOR release.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • (Choose 1 for faction 1) Faction 1, France

18 26.87%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 1) Faction 1, Germany

39 58.21%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 1) Faction 1, Poland

4 5.97%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 2) Faction 2, Denmark

24 35.82%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 2) Faction 2, Romania

14 20.90%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 3) Faction 3, Benelux

17 25.37%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 3) Faction 3, Australia & NZ

31 46.27%
  • (Choose 1 for insurgent) Insurgent, Haqqani Network

20 29.85%
  • (Choose 1 for insurgent) Insurgent, Lakshar-e-Taiba

16 23.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Advance to Contact:- 0.5.1 Beta released. Poll to choose the next 4 factions!

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

Default Re: Advance to Contact:- The custom battlemod modern warfare series replacing NAW!

it would need to become like the submachine gunners of tgw but like 3 rounds, waiting time, 3 rounds, waiting time. Offcourse it depends on which type of weapon I'm guessing, we can also make them fire fully automatic, but in war most soldiers use bursts (I think)

The mod is coming along really slowly, lack of time for most of us in a huge problem, our main modeller is also lacking time which means implementing of units isn't going forward atm.

Well at the moment it seems it's only me, darkhorse & Hross, yosemite & raradir, grimbold (2d art) and alba (sound) . So we aren't with many people, if u know that yose is the only modeller and i'm the only person who have some knowledge of getting units ingame u can imagine why it's going slowly

But in general, a coder is needed the most, I tried to get into it but it kept crashing (perhaps now with windows7 it might work, I need to give it a go again first) though we could use a skinner/modeller to

Well perhaps darkhorse knows something u could do to help out, he knows more about recruiting

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Advance to Contact:- The custom battlemod modern warfare series replacing NAW!

Darkhorse occasionally gets lucky with the fantastic and supportive people and co operative mods/modders he finds! As for people of your skill Sama, if would probably be healthy just to give you dev access, having such skill just floating about the edges will just naturally, with alot of praying from my side, start to get things to work out without you having to lift a finger! (I jest, but shows how much I value peoples skills )

The majority of regular units will not be using tracers. It would be more than feasible for those units to function like TGW's SMG's, Where I believe if the tracers were turned on, they'd appear to be more like shotguns?

Additionally, depending on a nations primary armament and doctrines, fire rate well differ. British units will almost exclusively fire in single shots. American units, will be using 3 round burst. ANA and Taliban units will be the ones with the fully automatic longer bursts, although some units are intended to be elite or merely more finely tuned, or even just armed differently, and firerates will differ accordingly.

Machine guns, will, if possible have a tracer round for every 5 rounds. Generally the cyclic crates of fire are changeable on modern machine gun designs, so having a slower, longer burst, suppression and area affect style fire rate, perhaps as low as 400rpm, as opposed to most assault rifles cyclic rates (and tbh most machine guns on higher settings) of 550 to 850 rpm. don't let those fire rates scare you, a soldier won't even come close to that rate of fire.

Hopefully rockets, we can have trails for. Snipers, no chance of tracers, don't want them too easy to spot now do we!

By the way people, I was told, an ISAF special force cavalry unit for the US/UK and a cavalry unit for both the ANA and Taliban wouldn't be out of place. He mentioned something about a charge for the invasion involving the Green Berets and supportive Northern Alliance tribesman. This is something I could see happening. What do you all think? (Perhaps if Hross or Farnan (who I seem to remember posting something like this before) stumbles across this they could give a little more insight?)

hey darkhorse i check ur guys website alot to c wat stuff u got in the game and i read u got the L85A2 into the game can u post a picture of it

Quote Originally Posted by Shugo560 View Post
    hey darkhorse i check ur guys website alot to c wat stuff u got in the game and i read u got the L85A2 into the game can u post a picture of it
    Hi shugo,

It's good to hear that people check our website, darkhorse will be happy

About the weapon, we still face a texture problem with it, we are looking to get it fixed but it's going slowly (alot of our modellers are facing time issues)

Once we get it fixed u can expect pictures of it

Marcus Publius's Avatar Miles

Wow guys that is awesome.There will be reason to install ETW again.+Rep to all of you guys who are creating this

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Real quick, the US model is of a US Army soldier from around 2006-2010. US Marines have different uniforms than that.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Thanking you

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

If you want I will redo your American roster. Its a little out of wack, but a nice try.

Actually here it is:

JSOC Team - Joint Special Operations Command is the home of such units as DELTA Force and US Navy DEVGRU. They are highly trained, highly selective units good at direct action and long range reconnaissance operations. They are armed with SCARs and have the ability to call in air strikes. They can also hide anywhere, and hide while firing (like archer units in ETW). Operate for gameplay purposes in teams of 4.

SEAL Fire Team - Members of the US Navy seals, skilled in direct action and reconnaissance. They operate in a 5 man fire team, and are armed with M4 Carbines. They are highly skilled but their small numbers make them vulnerable in extended operations. Also can hide anywhere and hide while firing.

US Army Special Forces split Operational Detachment Alpha - Members of the US Army Special Forces these men are experts at guerrilla warfare. They operate in 12 man ODAs which can (and for game purposes are) split into two 6-man teams (the game size of the unit), designed to act as advisers to local forces. They are armed with SCAR rifles though not as skilled as SEALs, they do however provide morale bonuses to nearby units. Can hide anywhere and hide while firing.

US Special Operations Sniper Team - Generic sniper team representing those used by Special Operations forces. Armed with an XM-50, it can hide anywhere and hide while firing. Extremely accurate, one hit one kill.

US Army Ranger Squad - Members of the US Army Rangers, these men are elite light infantry that provide support to special operations forces. They operate in 9 man squads, armed with SCAR rifles and SAW light machine guns. They are highly trained and are almost universally veterans.

US Army Ranger 81mm Section - 2 tube, 6 man US Army Ranger mortar section, provides support for Ranger Operations.

US Army Ranger Weapons Squad - Members of the US Army Rangers, 5-Ranger squad with 2 M240b machine guns.

US Marine Special Operations Team - Formerly Marine Force Recon, these men are trained for reconnaissance and direct action operations. Armed with M16 rifles they operate in 14 man teams.

US Army Infantry Squad - 9-man squad of US Army Infantry. Led by veteran NCOS, whom many have multiple tours of Iraq and Afghanistan, and having passed through months of pre-deployment training, the US Army Infantry is more ready for combat than nearly any time in its past. They are equipped with M4 Carbines and M249 SAWs.

US Army Provisional Infantry Squad - 8-man squad of US Soldiers, usually artillerymen or cavalry scouts taken from their original role to act as a dismounted maneuver force. Not as good as the regular infantry squad, they are however led by NCOs whom have come to know this job better than their normal job. They are equipped with M4 Carbines and M249 SAWs

USMC Infantry Squad - 13-man squad of US Marine Infantry. Led by veteran NCOS, whom many have multiple tours of Iraq and Afghanistan, and having passed through months of pre-deployment training, the USMC Infantry is more ready for combat than nearly any time in its past. They are armed with M16 rifles and M249 SAWs.

USMC Provisional Infantry Squad - 8-man squad of US Marines, usually artillerymen taken from their original role to act as a dismounted maneuver force. Not as good as the regular infantry squad, they are however led by NCOs whom have come to know this job better than their normal job. They are equipped with M16 rifles and M249 SAWs.

US Army Weapons Squad - 10 man squad manning 3 M240b machine guns.

US Marine Corps Weapon Squad - 10 man squad manning 3 M240g machine guns.

US Army/USMC 60mm mortar section - 2 tube, 7 man section

US Army/USMC 81mm mortar section - 2 tube, 11 man section

US Army Sniper Team - A highly trained team equipped with a M21 Sniper rifle. They are highly accurate with their weapons, and experts at cover/concealment.

USMC Scout/sniper Team - A highly trained team equipped with a M21 Sniper rifle. They are highly accurate with their weapons, and experts at cover/concealment.

US Army FIST Team - A 5-man team (for game purposes the JTAC is with the FIST Team) that coordinates off-map artillery and air support. They are armed with M4s, but their main ability is to coordinate fires in support of the maneuver mission.

USMC FIST Team - A 5-man team (for game purposes the JTAC is with the FIST Team) that coordinates off-map artillery and air support. They are armed with M16s, but their main ability is to coordinate fires in support of the maneuver mission.

USMC ANGLICO Fire Power Control Team - A 4-man team expert at controlling and calling in air support and other fire support. They are armed with M16s for personal defense.

(Note Artillery should be off-map)

Oh and by the way you the 81mm mortar can be carried by a mortar team.
    Last edited by Farnan; November 07, 2010 at 12:49 AM.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Darkhorse occasionally gets lucky with the fantastic and supportive people and co operative mods/modders he finds! As for people of your skill Sama, if would probably be healthy just to give you dev access, having such skill just floating about the edges will just naturally, with alot of praying from my side, start to get things to work out without you having to lift a finger! (I jest, but shows how much I value peoples skills )
    Hmm, "not lifiting a finger" sounds nice... and even nicer sounds those maps which I'd assume are in the dev forum (joking)

If you want to give me dev access, I'd be glad to offer my morale support or modding support if there is any place for it. But otherwise, be assured I'll be eagerly waiting for a release
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

hey is the GMG really added or does it hav texture problems if it is really in the game plz post pic

The gmg is recently added but it's just a modified puckle gun, we haven't added new models yet

I think I can say that the mod is going forward again at a high speed, our 2D art modeller is working on an entire new UI and we decided to leave models for now but first release something (correct unit sizes with firing modes)
    Once we have the 4 factions fully ready you can expect a release

Is there anyone who can speak Arabic, Dari and/or Pashto?

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    Hmm, "not lifiting a finger" sounds nice... and even nicer sounds those maps which I'd assume are in the dev forum (joking)

If you want to give me dev access, I'd be glad to offer my morale support or modding support if there is any place for it. But otherwise, be assured I'll be eagerly waiting for a release
    haven't had much time this week, been looking back through the thread. Hopefully we can get maps up there soon with a few units ready for all team members to [del]play[del] beta test.

If you'd like access Sama, you can have it, just let me know

Question, how much ammunition to US and UK soldiers typically carry in combat? 210 to 300?

Magefsx's Avatar Campidoctor

For the english side, I'd think about _ , as I think there were two chest pouches for ammo, and about 2-4 on the waist/belt. Thats 2 magazines in each meaning a max total of 12 mags. Each mag having tops 30 rounds for the L85 and LSW, so thats a maximum total of 360 rounds. As to how many waist pouches, thats give or take 120 rounds from 2 to 4 pouches around the waist. I'm taking this from what I've seen with the army cadets, so not necessarily very accurate. But roughtly right, I believe
    I have no idea what the americans do!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    Question, how much ammunition to US and UK soldiers typically carry in combat? 210 to 300?
    i think i read somewhere the american army(i get alot of this info since i am a american) they carry the magazine they hav in their rifle and about 3-5 magazines mostly 4 though

Quote Originally Posted by Shugo560 View Post
    i think i read somewhere the american army(i get alot of this info since i am a american) they carry the magazine they hav in their rifle and about 3-5 magazines mostly 4 though
    similar to what i thought about US

Doesn't sound like much :/

I'm sure British troops carry 210 rounds + 30 in gun, which would be 8 mags, more in line with mages figure. As for US troops, well again, I don't know, but I'd expect at least 8. Is it really only 4/5?

I think I can say that we are making good progress to a first beta release with maps and some units

We have made 4 completely working units for the british factions and others will follow soon.

How many units would you like to see in a first beta release with maps? 4 units per faction? or perhaps even more?

We would like your opinion on this people

Oh yes, let me stress that,

Playable BETA coming soon!