View Poll Results: What factions would you like to see in the next MAJOR release.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • (Choose 1 for faction 1) Faction 1, France

18 26.87%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 1) Faction 1, Germany

39 58.21%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 1) Faction 1, Poland

4 5.97%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 2) Faction 2, Denmark

24 35.82%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 2) Faction 2, Romania

14 20.90%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 3) Faction 3, Benelux

17 25.37%
  • (Choose 1 for faction 3) Faction 3, Australia & NZ

31 46.27%
  • (Choose 1 for insurgent) Insurgent, Haqqani Network

20 29.85%
  • (Choose 1 for insurgent) Insurgent, Lakshar-e-Taiba

16 23.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Advance to Contact:- 0.5.1 Beta released. Poll to choose the next 4 factions!

Default Re: Advance to Contact:- 0.5 Beta nearing completion, New US Roster Announced

Wait? Did you say that there won't be any REAL skins?
    "Through this sign you shall conquer"

My political profile

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Advance to Contact:- 0.5 Beta nearing completion, New US Roster Announced

Not until we get the models in first, we will look into some basic reskinning of course, but there is no point doing it properly until we can accurately represent the soldier, his weapon, helmet, equipment etc. Many soldiers, eg for the British faction are going to be wearing/carrying items such as helmets, berets, different colour t shirts, grenade launchers, maps, optics, canteens, webbing, radios and ECM packs, shovels, MG tripods, small 1 man mortars, pistols, shotguns and mines amonght others purely for looks, these will need models and then the skins can go on.

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

Quote Originally Posted by Matterhorn View Post
    I'm confused. I installed it and I thought I did it correctly. And when I run it it works. It says "Advance to Contact" at the top of the main menu but it is the graphics and stuff for Empire. I tried to play a custom battle using the United Kingdom against the Taliban. The Taliban's unit cards just look like the light infantry from ETW. Also the UK's unit cards looked like modern soldiers. The loading screen looked good and it had a modern quote so. But all the British soldiers just looked like the light infantry from ETW. I don't know if I installed it wrong or if this is actually the beta so let me know please. Thanks. I also don't know if the two scenario battles were suppose to be in the beta, I'm assuming not. THere are also no different maps. It looks like a good mod and I have been anticipating its full release for months.
    You installed it correctly, we do not have correct unit models or rifle models ingame yet, the units themself however fire realisticly like modern soldiers. Try to ignore all the light infantry skins for now and focus on the gameplay

Also we didn't had time yet to do all the unit portraits, they will come though, just like unit models and rifle models don't worry

Quote Originally Posted by Falconpilot View Post
    You installed it correctly, we do not have correct unit models or rifle models ingame yet, the units themself however fire realisticly like modern soldiers. Try to ignore all the light infantry skins for now and focus on the gameplay

Also we didn't had time yet to do all the unit portraits, they will come though, just like unit models and rifle models don't worry
    Okay. That clears it up. I thought that he meant there won't be any skins. I might try it out. I didn't the first time because I thought that I installed it wrong. It might be cool to see a mod from its first and basic form and watch it grow to be a full mod. I was going to say: it would be a pretty stupid mod if there weren't any real skins.
    "Through this sign you shall conquer"

My political profile

there will be, we just need time

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hum doo doo dee dum. Does anyone on the team know how to change unit descriptions? It would be nice to see some of my descriptions in there (my meagre contributions I know, but still...).

And on a similar note, should I start cranking out more unit descriptions? Or just wait until the rosters are fully finished?

Think it's in the localization somewhere, I haven't had time yet to do that, waiting for the full rosters before i look into that.

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ok I'll sit back for a bit playing minecraft

Default Re: Advance to Contact:- Beta is released, happy christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    AUPPs (Additional Unit Project Patch) Are small patches that add a few extra units to each faction.
    Oh, did not know that, lol. Thanks for the heads-up

Anymore suggestions/critiques on the US Roster?

Which reminds me, I really have to update the website soon.

Very nice mod! When the models and textures are in it will be EPIC!!!

Hopefully so!

Beta has been delayed due to illness and start of term, we shall churn it out as quick as we can

We need you to help us!

Can you all please post screenies of Afghan, Ottoman, Indian, and Arab units from the original ETW game please!

We are reskinning the Taliban faction to look more Afghani.

If anyone can point us in the direction of an illustrated unit guide, or a custom battle faction unlocker that would also be awesome.

Rep awarded to all helpers, thanks.

A full US faction minus most support units is in game. This means the US faction is equal to other factions in terms of full rosters and support units.

All Taliban and some ANA units now have the Hindu Musketeer skin, this is a stop gap until we get our own.

hey darkhorse do you update your site anymore cause i dont see any updates anymore

When I get around to it. I know its well out of date. It is due a major update and it will be done soon.

I'm a full time student at uni, spare time is few and far between!

ATC MOD VERSION 0.5 IS COMING SOON
    We are expecting a release in 1-2 weeks!

This version contains:
    • ANA, Taliban, UK & US now have fully completed infantry rosters! There are now a total of (!)67 different units(53xInfantry, 3xGMG, 3xHMG and 8xARTY) in our mod!
    • All factions now have normal mortars as well as heavy mortar teams!
    • We have now a total of 5 maps! This means version 0.5 will have 3 completely new maps for all of you to enjoy!
    • With the inclusion of the Blood mod (Special thanks to Mech_Donald for this) battles will surely feel more real to the player!
    • Version 0.5 will also have the inclusion of night fighting thanks to The Hedge Knight his great Night mod, this will make battles alot harder to play since taliban forces are now even more difficult to see!
    • All Loading screens now have special music which should make them more enjoyable.
    • You will now also be able to enjoy special custom made music when setting up your forces in deployment fase! There will also be a completely new and epic battle theme!
    • And offcourse all bugs from version 0.1 have been fixed!
    Last edited by Falconpilot; January 24, 2011 at 01:08 PM.

New tip.

Full details of the new release are above, But I'm using this post to explain the thesis behind one of our new units, the Overseer. Available to the Taliban, this is a small fast moving cavalry unit. It came to light in beta testing that the first Taliban unit picked in the battle would become the general, and therefore visible. So we decided to create a command unit for you. They can shoot on the move, are fast moving to avoid trouble. These are what you should use as your command unit.

Ideally, they'd have motorbikes, 125cc Minsks to be exact. But, this can't happen yet. Horses will have to do.

Default Re: Advance to Contact:- 0.5 Beta is ready and in testing

Last but not least. Poor timing maybe, but alas.

If all goes well, and the testing works, there may well be a nice, big, surprise, in the next release. If it works, it will be a very small sample of what you can expect to come after.
    #
    #
    Website updated, I may mess about with themes today or tomorrow. Download link added (check publications and downloads) and more news reports/announcements archived. Site is now more concise and simple.

Would anyone be interested in a Facebook group and/or a Steam group?