Thread: Error after MP fix.

Default Error after MP fix.

Hmm I get a error when I installed the MP fix to the wrong part of the directory. Just wondering if anyone else got this error? I am unable to play a campaign now. I will post a SS of the error once my new install of RS is ready.

Default Re: Error after MP fix.

I´m afraid we need more information about the issue.

Where exactly did you install the fix?
    Did you use the installer by hellhound or did you do it manually?
    I suggest doing it manually as you only have to rename 2 files and copy the same EDU twice to some differnt folders.
    What was the exact error message?
    and
    Might the campaign issue be similar to this one?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=388652
    THIS IS...Sparta? Nah...
    Always read the FAQs
    Lou337: Whenever I start up RS II before the screenshot of the city in the sunset comes up there is a line of green text on the upper left corner that says something like GTA Vice City ENB Beta v0.005 and some russian guy's email address. It's very weird.[...] I thought I was being watched by a russian hacker who played a lot of GTA.

Yea I have the same problem, and it began to occurr after installing Hellhounds installer. About that, I realized it installs not just 2 files, but many others (try installing into desktop see how many folders/subfolders it has). I have a feeling it's the installer that screwed things up. Because I backed up both edu targets and fixing them doesnt do anything.

I cant remember what directory I installed to. I just remember it being wrong because the mp fix did not work. After I finally did get it right I could play the MP but not a campaign. Oh it works after a new installation. I am getting just a generic windows error message why it shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickNicaG69 View Post
    . About that, I realized it installs not just 2 files, but many others (try installing into desktop see how many folders/subfolders it has). I have a feeling it's the installer that screwed things up.
    I took a closer look at the installer and it seems to be fine. These subfolders are necessary because of the way the installer basically works. It just copies over the old files in one move so there have to be the subfolders in order to reach the right target.
    The danger in using the installer is that you might choose the wrong installation path, so that the installer copies it´s files e.g. one folder level too deep and miss its intended target files.
    Therefore I suggest doing it manually.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Go to this folder:
    D:\Roma Surrectum II\Data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\Single_Player (it's the one used for historical battles, not campaign so don't worry)

Renamed this file:
    "export_descr_unit" to "export_descr_unit.old" (to keep it as backup)

Unzip and paste the latest patch into the "D:\Roma Surrectum II\Data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\Single_Player"-folder

Repeat the process for the "D:\Roma Surrectum II\Data\"-folder.

After that there is a bat-file called "RS2_RTW" in the main RS II folder. Double-click that one and choose 1.

These instructions should be idiot-proof if you manage to follow them exactly.
    THIS IS...Sparta? Nah...
    Always read the FAQs
    Lou337: Whenever I start up RS II before the screenshot of the city in the sunset comes up there is a line of green text on the upper left corner that says something like GTA Vice City ENB Beta v0.005 and some russian guy's email address. It's very weird.[...] I thought I was being watched by a russian hacker who played a lot of GTA.

Yes, I did it one folder too deep. That is why it didnt work. Maybe you should suggest to Hellhound to make a warning about this. He mentions having the right install directory, however he doesnt mention that it could theoretically break the installation. +rep for your help.

So is you problem solved completely now or are you still not able to start a campaign?
    THIS IS...Sparta? Nah...
    Always read the FAQs

Its solved completely due to me making another copy of RTW and installing RS into it. I am not sure what you could do to fix it if you do install it one folder too deep. Maybe you try to?

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

If you install files in the wrong place you can only attempt to delete them.

Anyway - the original problem is resolved. Enjoy the mod.

Closed.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

I'm wondering whether the multiplayer EDU is remaining in the data folder. Could you upload your export_descr_units.txt file please from after you try and play a single player campaign?

After you've done that, try copying the export_descr_units.txt file from /data/_IMPORTANT_STUFF/Single Player into the main RS2 /data folder.

If my hunch is correct (that the launcher may not be copying the single player EDU back across for campaigns or something liek that), that'll fix it.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.