Thread: The missing skeleton error

Icon4 The missing skeleton error

Hello, I just recently started looking for mods for RTW and I stumbled across this one.
    I made sure my RTW and BI were both clean and then I installed RS2. It all want well
    up until I actually tried to play, I think you know what happened...
    I got the unable to find skeleton "fs_s1_forest_elephant_javelinrider" error.
    So I came back here and saw that there was a fix. I tried the fix a good 4-5 times
    but I kept getting the same error. It really could be something I just screwed up but
    I have spent hours trying to get this right and it really is just beyond me.

I read the before you post an Issue thread so ill list off the things it asks

Install Path: D:\Rome - Total War\

Mod fix folder placement D:\RS2\

I'm not using the steam thingy

I tried two different launchers, the regular and then the command prompty one

I know BI is up to date, not sure about RTW but I think it is

Ill also include a screenshot of my RTW directory with the mod in after trying the fix.

I am sorry that my very first post is a cry for help on just getting it working.

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by StrangerDanger; September 11, 2010 at 01:56 AM.

Hellhound1's Avatar *Knock Knock*

Default Re: The missing skeleton error

Theres a link on how to solve that problem:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...84#post8022884

Yes, I am aware that there was a fix.
    My problem is that I tried the fix multiple times and still got the same error.
    It is as I said probably my fault but I really have tried it multiple times.

So yes... the problem is I attempted the fix but I still have the same problem.

Thank you.

Ah, i missed that bit.
    Could be a corrupt download i think. It might be best to re-download the files, and follow the fix from scratch.

Alright, Ill try that.

Just to make sure I am doing the fix right... Am I supposed to replace any conflicts when I copy the
    files into the RTW folder.

I think I have tried it both ways but I just want to be sure.

Yeah of course you should overwrite the files. Whats the point in copying the files but keeping the old vanilla files if you get asked to overwrite them with the RS2 files?
    If you do it that way it won´t work for sure.
    THIS IS...Sparta? Nah...
    Always read the FAQs
    Lou337: Whenever I start up RS II before the screenshot of the city in the sunset comes up there is a line of green text on the upper left corner that says something like GTA Vice City ENB Beta v0.005 and some russian guy's email address. It's very weird.[...] I thought I was being watched by a russian hacker who played a lot of GTA.

Hello again
    I downloaded the files again and I think it works now (I got to the main menu at least)

Many thanks for the help!

Yay have fun!
    Most other problems can be found in the known issues thread, if you stuble across any

Closed.