Thread: Issue with game

Default Issue with game

Hello, Marcus has helped me a lot on getting past my first issue that I had with the Launcher and I very much apperciate all that Marcus has done but for now I guess I want to stop annoying Marcus haha. and through Marcus's wisdom I was able to then get things rolling then until another error message popped up telling me that I do not have some fs_forest_elephant ....and so now I'm back again in my frustrated stage seeing how I can't get this thing to start. The screenshot of this is attached here in the site http://img651.imageshack.us/i/rtwfolder.png/ please I would like to get crap behind me so that I can finally play this mod... Thank you for your time in reading this.

Sincerely, Rapturkap
    Last edited by Rapturkap; September 10, 2010 at 06:34 PM.

Default Re: Issue with game

This seems to be a known issue: heres how to solve it:

To fix this problem, do the following:

1. You need a clean and patched up version of RTW.
    2. Download all the RS2 files, as shown in the release thread.

3. Now, install the RS2 mod to a new folder, created on the desktop. Mine is named Roma Surrectum 2.
    4. When the mod has been completly installed, copy and paste the entire contents of the Roma Surrectum 2 folder, located on your desktop, to your freshly installed RTW game. folder.

5. The new launcher that has been created on the desktop doesn't work. This is because it is a shortcut that the installer has directed towards the Roma Surrectum 2 folder located on your desktop, which isn't a game folder. To fix this, right-click the shortcut and change the Target and Start In lines so that both point to your correct RTW folder.

So in my case, "C:\Users\Al Simmons\Desktop\Roma Surrectum 2\Roma Surrectum II.exe"

becomes "D:\Activision\Rome - Total War\launcher\Roma Surrectum II.exe"

etc.

6. If you did everything correct, the launcher on the desktop works. If it doesn't delete it and create a new shortcut from the "Roma Surrectum II.exe" file located in Activision\Rome - Total War\launcher.

Enjoy!

Are your games fully patched up also?

yes all games are fully patched, my RTW and RTW:BI was installed again when I heard that RSII was able for download so it's all new I might just keep the downloaded RS II files and re-install and upgrade the RTW and RTW:BI again with the patches then to work then from a fully fresh folders again.

Yep when this was brought up just a couple days ago on (page 3 of this technical help part) many people found it worked fine when they reinstalled some peoples problems still persisted but i would first say try reinstalling good luck

Oh you might want to check out the topic on page 3 --> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=387295&page=2

thank you, I must have missed this part haha

No worries

Its a fair way back i just recognized the file name of which you were having problems so had a good look back for it, it seemed to get resolved in that topic so that is the best place to look, but as i have said a reinstall worked for alot of people, and if not i could always send the file across to you and you put it in the correct place and that will work all the same.

Good luck with it hope this helps