Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Archived - Shogun 2 Information - Exclusive content by GrnEyedDvl

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Shogun 2 Information - Exclusive content by GrnEyedDvl

I don't think so, RTW etc. had the ability to zoom in as close as 3rd person view.

They're talking about First Person view, truly through the EYES of the Unit, and that...is Awesome!

D|major's Avatar the key of glory

Quote Originally Posted by General_Meevious View Post
    Has this not been in since Rome? Delete or Insert key, as I recall. In some games it also follows projectiles fired by that unit until impact.
    Not since Rome, but since ETW you can press insert to have that first person view.
    Have people not seen any user-made videos? Half of them use that feature
    formerly known as D|need
    m2tw cinematic editor tutorials as video and thread | my total war videos
    the picture of the week subforum with great artworks | my pics and vids gallery
    under the patronage of b. ward

The Edain's Avatar Vicarius

The campaign map looks bloody brilliant!, the 2D Fog of war is, I think, a brilliant idea! I can't wait until Shogun hits now, with the Unit models, Campaign map and the ability to land right after a sea battle looking so awesome I just can't wait - My life after it releases will be, well nothing - now to plot my strategy for ruling Japan!
    |Windows 7 user||College Student|
    |Anime Fan||Xbox 360 Owner|Photoshop user|

totalwar-zone's Avatar Senator

Since Rome you can follow fired projectiles.
    Since Empire you can look in 3rd person from a Unit, but only straight forward.
    And in Shogun 2 you can view in real first person as Wundai said:

They're talking about First Person view, truly through the EYES of the Unit, and that...is Awesome
    And that is really Awesome .
    Empire Total war Symbolic

As long as I get my naginta samurai il be fine.
    When in deadly danger,
    When beset by doubt,
    Run in little circles,
    Wave your arms and shout.

In medieval Japan had so much uniformity?
    Because all soldiers in a unit seem the same to me(except some of their helmets),no variation in the armor?
    I hope this is not a sequel to clone wars

Miles

Default Re: Shogun 2 Information

Quote Originally Posted by a tw player View Post
    Great. There goes my life
    Worth playing it appears for the visual epiphanies alone. I like the idea of looking out of the eyes of your soldiers.

does any1 know when the demo will be released and if what sort of length the campaign might be(i onlt started tw at rtw so havent played mtw and stw so hav no idea what shogun was like by the sounds of it it was a classic something EMPIRE wasnt!!)
    'friendly fire, isnt'

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I would guess early next year, but thats totally a guess.

okay and thats sort of the time the games beein released as-well isnt

and there are only 30 units in the whole game thats correct right cos that might actually make less mind boggling sort of goin back to mw2 and rtw
    Last edited by YD23; October 01, 2010 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Double post
    'friendly fire, isnt'

Would like to know more about developing your generals.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

This looks like this game will break my computer

this game scares me.First of all its very beautiful..but thats about it =/
    i keep saying the same units,thus even tho there might be many civs i will feel like im fighting the same battles over and over agian.Besides the amazing graphics..doesnt seem that great =/
    and i've heard from a few moders that moding will be extremly limited or if not impossible..thus playabilty wont be much =/

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    This looks like this game will break my computer
    lol i bet the disk drive wont even close if you try to put that in there
    Last edited by Tzar; October 23, 2010 at 06:32 PM.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Do we have any idea which factions will be playable, if so could one list them

I have to say it looks amazing. However units look very redundant like its going to be the same thing over and over. Also there isn't much on the animation part of the game. With only a few animations it will break the game. Animations, especially melee animations are a huge part of replayability. I'm not in awe of what I see. I know unit variety and animations are the keys to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by swordofjanak View Post
    Do we have any idea which factions will be playable, if so could one list them
    Takeda, Mori, Shimazu, Uesugi, Oda, Date, Tokugawa, Hojo, Hattori (Special ed.) The other one or two I have no clue.
    Last edited by Mithiras; October 20, 2010 at 08:22 PM.

n many ways, Empire: TW represented the expansion of Total War to its greatest extent in terms of global, geopolitical scale – and that fitted the reach of the great powers of that era. What we are excited about with Shogun 2 is to taking things back to a more contained, pre-modern environment where we can really focus on characters & immersion – and in a fresh setting, away from the map of Europe. Rather than having to portray many different cultures across the world, we can delve deeply into portraying one culture in beautiful detail. The game will still be epic in scale – but in terms of story and depth rather than by encompassing much of the world in geographic scope.

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

Its going to be awesome. I promised my self I wouldnt get caught up in the hip. But since looking at the Eurogamer videos I've been sucked in and caught up with it. I can't bloody Waite!. Now I am looking forward to the idea of landing troops if your fast enuff. That's going to be an awesome feature including every thing else.
    And When he Gets to heave to st peter he will tell. One more Soldier reporting sir I've served my time in hell.

Like I see on land battle screenshot again there is rain. In Napoleon Total War they made huge mistake with adding rain into game.
    I think its very rare when General decided to fight in rain. They should script rain or climate some how, because its bad when you
    see only rain & snow.Sun is rare like in Autumns.
    2k18
    Bigger & Badder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Commander View Post
    I have to say it looks amazing. However units look very redundant like its going to be the same thing over and over. Also there isn't much on the animation part of the game. With only a few animations it will break the game. Animations, especially melee animations are a huge part of replayability. I'm not in awe of what I see. I know unit variety and animations are the keys to the game.
    I'm sick of hearing this because in every TW game leading up to Medieval 2 not only did every single person in a unit look identical, the enemies didn't really fight with each other. Instead they just sort of hacked at each other in a huge mob. Yet there was tons of replayability. People still play Rome, and the animations in there are pretty lackluster compared to new stuff, but that's not what makes the game replayable. You're just getting too spoiled for your own good.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast