Thread: Bad farmer & trader trait, what am i doing wrong?

Default Bad farmer & trader trait, what am i doing wrong?

Getting them often with my governors, it seems if you build a governor building before you built a trader, port and roads you get the bad trader trait.

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger governing10
    WhenToTest GovernorBuildingCompleted

Condition not SettlementBuildingFinished >= trader
    and not SettlementBuildingFinished >= port
    and not SettlementBuildingFinished >= roads

Affects BadTrader 1 Chance 2

Also i assume when building a governor building and you have not build a farm yet you get the bad farmer trait.

Trigger governing6
    WhenToTest GovernorBuildingCompleted

Condition not SettlementBuildingFinished >= farms

Affects BadFarmer 1 Chance 2

Correct me if wrong, haven't tested yet, can someone confirm?

Default Re: Bad farmer & trader trait, what am i doing wrong?

In theory it means you build your trader and farms upgrade each tier first. However those trait/traits have been broken last 6 years now. Meaning even if you have ALL the farm upgrades/trade building upgrades built in your city you will keep getting those. RS2 reduced the chance of getting it but it still happens. Check it yourself by doing the process_cq cheat i.e. build one building at a time in your city all the same turn making sure you build farms and traders first then rest once all buildings are built (you might need to add money and population first) your governor always ends up with second level BadFarmer or BadTrader. then compare doing same with the traits disabled. only way to get rid of it is to set the Chance part to 0 remember to set anti-traits chance to 0 to even it out or not.Another way is to remove your governor from the settlement the turn any building is built but that seems pretty pointless to me

NightEye's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Bad farmer & trader trait, what am i doing wrong?

I actually do the last method Tsim mentioned and trust me its a pain the ass. I'm looking to getting rid of the those traits altogether.
    Last edited by NightEye; September 11, 2010 at 10:09 AM.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven
    Every time you think you've seen it all, life decides to toss several WTF moments at you all over again.

[RS 2.1a] Seleucid Unit Expansion V2