Thread: Hey RS2 TEAM

Icon4 Hey RS2 TEAM

Hey RS2 TEAM, please tell to the fans some things you wanted to do or create in RS2 but you couldn't do either because of the limitations of the Rome Total War engine or other reasons!!!
    Last edited by Viking Prince; September 10, 2010 at 09:11 PM.

mattgoby's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Hey RS2 TEAM, please tell to the fans some things you wanted to do or create in RS2 but you couldn't do either because of the limitations of the Rome Total War engine or other reasons!!!

also i can be fairly sure this is pointless, we can all imagine what the team wanted to do. for example units that look real and will work and ultra mega graphics on anyones computer.
    "some people say the iraq war is unnessasary, however i disagree its good practise in case one comes along that we need to fight, just in case the germans have another go"-AL MURRAY

"us british our world war champions of the world"-AL MURRAY

Default Re: Hey RS2 TEAM, please tell to the fans some things you wanted to do or create in RS2 but you couldn't do either because of the limitations of the Rome Total War engine or other reasons!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mattgoby View Post
    also i can be fairly sure this is pointless, we can all imagine what the team wanted to do. for example units that look real and will work and ultra mega graphics on anyones computer.
    Yes, we tried the ultra mega graphics that work on anyones computer, but it didn't work..

The only retarded thing here is your comment! Nobody obliged you to open this thread! It was addressed to the members of the RS2 team, not to you!
    wow your harsh and i dont like talking to you so i wont be responding please dont right an answer to this or it will just annoy me nd show how stoopidly oversensitive you are bein about this.
    "some people say the iraq war is unnessasary, however i disagree its good practise in case one comes along that we need to fight, just in case the germans have another go"-AL MURRAY

I can honestly say this is the first thread I've seen here where the second post was off topic.

Play nice, kids.

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Why are some of you guys so mean to cubase? He's asking an interesting question and I'm sure the RS2 team could come up with a few answers. They're an imaginative bunch and probably have some ideas for a better RS.

Thanks! Too bad this threads are invaded by people that have no life, or don't have so much education! Too bad! Let's focus on the subject, if we can, and this weirdos will not disturb us anymore!
    so your not going to join in with saying sorry like i have already done?

Im also thinking the devs would have liked playable naval battles that mod is putting in, even though that looks a little bit rubbish at the moment.
    Last edited by mattgoby; September 10, 2010 at 06:34 PM.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Stop ing and get to the topic, quite frankly he has nothing to apologize for, i have seen much worse threads from you guys.

For starters, they definitly would have added more units, truly they asked (or someone did) CA to let them increase the size of the amount of units in RTW, but they got no response.

For starters, they definitly would have added more units, truly they asked (or someone did) CA to let them increase the size of the amount of units in RTW, but they got no response.
    Im suprised CA didnt respond they love saying no. [im assuming that would have been there answer based on how strict there gettting with future mod releases]

Hey people, i don't know much about moding, but what if Shogun 2 Total War it will be at least moddable as RTW is, do you think there could be created some cool mods, like RS3, or Stainless Steel! I can only imagine how an roman era, or the dark ages, will look, using the Shogun 2 engine! Only if CA provides some modding tools
    I wish a first person optional feature in Total War, i'm not a big fan of the turn based part of this game, but an optional first person or something like RPG, will be cool! Imagine let's say something like Dragon Age, but without the fantastic element, a representation of the ancient times, with the ability to fight battles like in Total War, to travel from Rome,to Egypt etc! I want a story mode in Total War games, with cut scenes, etc, and if it would be modable, i can only think and dream about what moders from this site could do with an engine like that!
    Last edited by cubase5; September 10, 2010 at 06:55 PM.

alex_shields's Avatar Miles

okay, I'm not on the team but I would think that the Roman system of switching out the front line (like they do in the ROME HBO show) within a Century would be an awesome thing to include in the game. Similar to "fire by rank" in E:TW. And of course, Roman Naval Battles are a must. We need those.

Lupus's Avatar Tiro

@ cubase5

Don't quote me, but apparently they are not making the new games moddable.
    Last edited by Lupus; September 10, 2010 at 06:53 PM.

Right... Three pages of crap for a good question...?

Quote Originally Posted by cubase5 View Post
    Hey RS2 TEAM, please tell to the fans some things you wanted to do or create in RS2 but you couldn't do either because of the limitations of the Rome Total War engine or other reasons!!!
    I bet more factions would have been nice... At least, that has always been a "dream" of me, let every region be able to have it's own faction, which would make the rebel faction disappear. Also things like allowing faction name changes during the campaign would be great.

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by PatricianS View Post

I bet more factions would have been nice... At least, that has always been a "dream" of me, let every region be able to have it's own faction, which would make the rebel faction disappear. Also things like allowing faction name changes during the campaign would be great.
    Europa Universalis has this setup.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL Copter View Post
    Europa Universalis has this setup.
    Yes, that's where I got the wish from

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by PatricianS View Post

Not any more (three pages of crap) - we have the technology and power to delete spam and off-topic comments. I've attempted to keep the posts that actually mentioned something that they would have liked in the mod.

RTW does have it's limitations (units, factions and regions etc)

The sad news is that the last TW game that was truely moddable was M2:TW. I've yet to see any mods for E:TW or N:TW that have modded maps (but there may be some out there).

The even sadder news is that at some stage CA will be releasing games with files that are binary and not in ASCII format - so even the modding that people have done with the text files will not be possible unless they have a way to unravel the binary files (which if it does not come from CA may breach some laws).

Everyone:
    Please - keep this thread on track and be nice to each other.

Last edited by Brusilov; September 10, 2010 at 07:18 PM.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Nice cleanup. I've never seen a thread so bad so fast.

But on topic, why is CA doing this? Do they even know we exist? TW has one of the best moddiing communities for any game ever. There are dozens of massive mods that stretch over dozens of categories. And now they are making this impossible? Why?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL Copter View Post
    Nice cleanup. I've never seen a thread so bad so fast.

But on topic, why is CA doing this? Do they even know we exist? TW has one of the best moddiing communities for any game ever. There are dozens of massive mods that stretch over dozens of categories. And now they are making this impossible? Why?
    I agree.

Anyway this in itself is off-topic.......

If you want to start a different thread please do so - however, it's nothing to do with RSII. So, there is a good chance that other threads are out there in different parts of the forum.

Inside the RSII forum there is a thread for off-topic talk: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=382249

IN the S2:TW forum there is this one: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=367777

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

personally, one of the things i have always wanted in the TW games were realistic cities. On the siege map, every city is basically a square with a wall running around it, which is of course not what cities actually looked like. I would have loved a type of mod in which cities looked like what they did in reality and affected a siege based on that. plus, just about every city wasn't confined to the walls, settlements sprawled outside. i know that this is probably impossible, but how cool would that be? i would love to besiege tyre or byzantium or Rome or Venice with that sort of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My point is that, while pastries are delicious, they are not a factor in deciding whether or not to start a rebellion against the lord of the realm.
    do leave your name if you give me rep. i may just return the favor. maybe.
    please visit the Tale of the Week forum at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=802 for brilliant writing, people, and brownies. with nuts, if you prefer.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by richi the lionheart View Post
    personally, one of the things i have always wanted in the TW games were realistic cities. On the siege map, every city is basically a square with a wall running around it, which is of course not what cities actually looked like. I would have loved a type of mod in which cities looked like what they did in reality and affected a siege based on that. plus, just about every city wasn't confined to the walls, settlements sprawled outside. i know that this is probably impossible, but how cool would that be? i would love to besiege tyre or byzantium or Rome or Venice with that sort of thing.
    The big problem for TW games is that the unit pathfinding is fairly bad. This means that a unit can lose it's way when moving around a settlement. The pathfinding is worse on the larger unit scales.

I think some of the early screens of E:TW indicated that there would be battles in settlements but when the game was released this didn't happen.

I think it's one of the fundamental problems of TW.

At least in M2:TW the castles had an inner wall arond the keep.

The battlemap is too small to have Byzantium on the map!