Thread: Minor problem in Pergamon campaign

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Default Minor problem in Pergamon campaign

I have started this twice and both times saw the issue. The small Eastern town (Gordium?) if you ask the advisor which building to construct she suggests a practice range but it isn't possible to do that first turn.

Very minor issue. This is BI on Vista.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Minor problem in Pergamon campaign

Personally, I've never used the advisor to suggest what to build or what unit to train (at least from when I first started playing RTW back in 2004). I also don't let the AI control my build policy as I've seen it recruit more units than I want as a garrison force (I have small garrisons with an army nearby to lift the siege).

After a while of playing RTW mods you have an idea of what should be built.

For economy build and upgrade;

Roads, markets, ports (if you are on the sea) and get trade with your neighbours

This is a bit simplistic given the number of building options that you have.

In order to keep a growing populationhappy make sure that you build sewers and temples. The idea is to attempt to reduce the effects of squalor. Having upgraded sewers makes it less likely that plague will break out but will reduce the length that the plague takes effect. An AI spy with the plague may always infiltrate your settlement - I've used a similaer tactic with a number of spies and the chaos it casues the AI faction will cause them problems.

I will try and concentrate army production in the capital for Pergamon. In order to have the population to sustain arrmy growth you also need to look a tthe buildings that will boost population growth. In RSII there are even buildings specifically for this.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Default Re: Minor problem in Pergamon campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    Personally, I've never used the advisor to suggest what to build or what unit to train (at least from when I first started playing RTW back in 2004). I also don't let the AI control my build policy as I've seen it recruit more units than I want as a garrison force (I have small garrisons with an army nearby to lift the siege).

After a while of playing RTW mods you have an idea of what should be built.

For economy build and upgrade;

Roads, markets, ports (if you are on the sea) and get trade with your neighbours

This is a bit simplistic given the number of building options that you have.

In order to keep a growing populationhappy make sure that you build sewers and temples. The idea is to attempt to reduce the effects of squalor. Having upgraded sewers makes it less likely that plague will break out but will reduce the length that the plague takes effect. An AI spy with the plague may always infiltrate your settlement - I've used a similaer tactic with a number of spies and the chaos it casues the AI faction will cause them problems.

I will try and concentrate army production in the capital for Pergamon. In order to have the population to sustain arrmy growth you also need to look a tthe buildings that will boost population growth. In RSII there are even buildings specifically for this.
    I never said I was using the AI to control policy or that I wasn't clear what to build. I've been playing RTW for years too, I always check with the advisor so I can ignore their advice and do what I want to do anyway It's kind of like listening to my satnav's directions and then going another way instead

It isn't the capital, it's the small settlement to the East of Pergamon and as I said, a very minor issue, were the advisor scripts even altered from vanilla? It's just a cosmetic thing.