Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installer not working.

Brain_in_a_vat's Avatar Domesticus

Default Installer not working.

Hi, could somebody please take some time to go over the download/installation process step-by-step, I tried and failed miserably

Hellhound1's Avatar *Knock Knock*

Default Re: Installer not working.

More info please

OS
    Screenshot of problem
    Full explanation of problem
    Especially OS, thats quite important.

Ok, there is probably an extremely simple solution as I'm an extremely simple person when it comes to this sort of thing. I downloaded the installer, the four cab files and the setup file into a folder in Program Files. I enter the installer and it freezes up before I can change the destination folder from the RTW one to the one I created for RSII. There isn't an error message, it just stops responding so I'm forced to close it.

What OS are you using? Windows 7?

Vista sorry.

Ok, so first thing is create a folder in the C drive called RS2. (C:\RS2)

Then, uninstall RTW and delete RS2 from the files remaining. (Keep all the installer parts!)
    Install RTW, and patch 13, then 1.5.
    Then drag the Rome - Total War from the Activision folder to the RS2 folder.
    Then, install RS2 into the RS folder.

This should work :]
    Also, make sure the installer isnt in program files, move it to the RS2 folder before installing.

Ahh, jesus sorry I don't understand and it's even annoying me. I create the RSII folder then download the six files into it? Or download the files into my Creative Assembly-Rome folder?

First option, create RS2 folder, put installer files in there. Copy in patched rome total war, then install RS2 to the folder. :]

Okay now when I click 'Play' on the launcher I get three error messages:

'You don't have Roma Serrectum II installed in the correct folder. (C\RSII)',

'Engine: RomeTW-BI.exe, Factions campaign: -mod:play_rome'

and 'In total: 'RomeTW-BI.exe -mod:play_rome -show_err -nm -movie_cam'.

Help please? I did what you said and installed RS into my RSII folder in the C drive, after I moved my newly re-installed RTW into the RSII folder. My RSII files are outside the RTW folder though if you know what I mean. :S
    Last edited by Brain_in_a_vat; September 10, 2010 at 04:28 PM.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

What does your RSII folder look like? It should be something like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Do you actually have RTW BI installed?

Post screen shot of your RSII install folder - similar view to the one I posted.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

How do I do that? And by the way I haven't got BI installed but it was the default option and it doesn't really matter because I get the same message regardless of the engine I choose to run it on.

You need to install RS2 actually into the RTW folder if im thinking right. They shouldnt be two separate folders they need to be merged, So now you have that, copy contents of the RTW folder into the RS folder this should help if i am thinking correctly

Edit:

I presume right now you have a folder then within that folder you have two more folders. The RS2 one and RTW one. But they should just be merged into one. So enter into the RTW folder. Copy all the contents of that folder and then paste into the Rs2 Folder or just drag the files across up to you.
    Last edited by Beast Within; September 10, 2010 at 04:47 PM.

I'll show you once I find out how to put images from my computer onto here the easy way (which I am sure exists). I have a folder in my C drive called RSII. Inside RSII are all my RSII files, and seperated from them is my RTW folder containing my RTW files.

Well drag RS2 out of the folder then open it and copy the contents into your RS2 folder and then it should be sorted ......i think haha

Do I have to reinstall RSII or just drag all of the files into my RTW folder?

well you could reinstall the Rs2 things into the RTW folder. I think it would work the same dragging it., But to be on the safe side i would reinstall the RS2 stuff directly into the RTW folder.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Brain_in_a_vat View Post
    How do I do that? And by the way I haven't got BI installed but it was the default option and it doesn't really matter because I get the same message regardless of the engine I choose to run it on.
    Take a screen by using the Ctrl+Alt+PrinScreen buttons with the install fodler as the current window. Paste that into Paint or some other free product (some people use Gimp which is free: http://www.gimp.org/downloads/ ).

Once you've done that you can either use a host to hold the image or add it to the post by using the 'manage attachments' button that appears under the text window here if you're in the 'advanced' view (there is a button un der the text block to do that).

As I mentioned you can use a host such a s photobucker (www.photobucket.com) or imageshack (www.imageshack.us). Both are free - photobucket needs an email account. I use both - photobucket limits the size of the image that the free account allows but does allow the pictures to be put into albumns. There are image hosts around. Once the image is uploaded you simply take the IMG codes and paste them in your post - you can use the 'advanced' view to preview the post and change the type of IMG code used.

If you post an error message indicating that you're trying to use RTW BI please don't expect someone to not ask if you've go it - the error message usually just comes up when someone is trying to run the game with an exe that they don't have (or they've messed up thier install).

Quote Originally Posted by Beast Within View Post
    You need to install RS2 actually into the RTW folder if im thinking right. They shouldnt be two separate folders they need to be merged, So now you have that, copy contents of the RTW folder into the RS folder this should help if i am thinking correctly
    Some people appear to be having problems installng RSII into a folder that is a copy of the RTW install. I suspect that it's something to do with the account that they are using, the permissions they have and maybe where they've installed the game.

I've installed on a Windows 7 and Windows XP system following the install imstructions and have had no prblems with either of them.

The idea behind what we suggest for the way to install is that you still have a clean RTW install either for other mods or so you can play vanilla RTW. By installing RSII over your one vanilla RTW install means that you've broken that install for anything other than RSII.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

That doesnt look right to Brusliovs, is that after you have merged both the RTW and RS2 folders together? Or is this before hand?

Citizen

OK, as you don't have any of the exes shown it appears you did not install over a working RTW - or even merged it with a working RTW.

This is the folder before I installed RSII onto it:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast