Thread: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    You will see new units for Turks, for Wallachia/Moldova, for Bulgaria, Serbia, Ragusa.
    I thought I saw an unfamiliar looking kind of Vlach pikemen unit!

It is so painful to look at all of those screenshots...and try to resist asking the million dollar question - "when?!" I'll continue resisting for now. Really great work Tsardoms team! +Rep
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

They are not pikemen as such, they are just long spearmen known as 'Fustasi'. No factions have access to pikes other than Swiss, Italians, Ragusans and Austrians plus there are the Swiss mercenaries. But several factions have access to long spearmen which is a version of the spear which was longer but not quite as long as the pike.

Unfortunately dcdastro is away for studies so we will not have any campaign progress for some time.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words

Crossbow and shortbow models and their animations are taken from Sandy's Western Overhaul while the composite bow models are from M&B which I merged with rigged bows from Anatolian Principalities. Thanks for the tip about the horses, I agree that the legs going through the armour and the eyes look weird, will try and correct those. Though I'll probably make a hole in the barding for the eyes rather than using transparency because the latter leaves those ugly black marks
    I will add soon in my bow string tutorial the missing part for crossbows.
    DO NOT try to create 3d wholes in the horse head gear or in human face coif! It will be a disaster and will look bad (i have made such coifs).
    Alpha chanel is the safest way. Remember though chain coif must NOT have a hole in its primary texture. The hole must BE ONLY IN ALPHA chanel area otherwise you will have black images from a short distance!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Are there plans to create unique strat map models for each culture? Princesses, priests, bishops, generals, etc? Those would bring a lot of flair and color to campaigns!

We already have unique generals, officers and leader models for all factions. For priests and bishops we will use new ones from other mods such as Rusichi, Broken Crescent, Anatolian Principalities and a couple of others that we have agreements with.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    We already have unique generals, officers and leader models for all factions. For priests and bishops we will use new ones from other mods such as Rusichi, Broken Crescent, Anatolian Principalities and a couple of others that we have agreements with.
    Neat! Furthermore, will princesses will have a role in the game?

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Hello! How is the mod coming along? Anything exciting happening?

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

Hello guys, is the mod inactive now? Old team member here.

Nope, it is not inactive. We are just slowing down a bit due to some work/life commitments. All factions are done and we are now working on the placement of units and characters on the map and finishing Anatolia.

Old team member? Wow you must be really old because I don't remember you. Were you part of the original team with sarmatian, tzar, phoenix, matko and duce?

Hey Team,

How's everything coming along?

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Maybe we will have any news from September - October
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Unfortunately the team is dormant. Dcdastro our mapper is on holidays in Europe, I am also traveling and studying and have been inactive. Hopefully we will pick up the pace after summer.

For almost 10 years I'm watching this mod.
    Has something done so far? Is there already news?

There are rumors circulating that the team is dead?
    Is also said that the Serbian and Croatian pressure to make Bosnia historically incorrect?

I recommend to read the latest and current books to every Serbian and Croatian and to compare them with their overt books.

There is no longer any doubt. Bosnia and the Bosniaks have existed. It had its own writing as well as church and language.

greeting

K. Man
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 26, 2017 at 07:20 AM. Reason: off topic
    Dr. Cerić: Mi nikada nećemo biti prihvaćeni ni kod zapada ni kod istoka, zato što je Bosna zemlja heretika i sto su Bošnjaci potomci Ilira. Živimo pod pritiskom susjeda i Taoci smo njihovih laži.

(Dr. Ceric: We will never be accepted either in the west or on the east, because Bosnia is a land of heretics and that the Bosniaks are the descendants of the Illyians. We live under pressure
    between our neighbors and we are the hostages of their lies)

Dusan Silni's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by SipahiBiH View Post

Is also said that the Serbian and Croatian pressure to make Bosnia historically incorrect?

I recommend to read the latest and current books to every Serbian and Croatian and to compare them with their overt books.

There is no longer any doubt. Bosnia and the Bosniaks have existed. It had its own writing as well as church and language.

greeting

K. Man
    Funny part of the story is that "bosniaks" exist from 1993. and you want to put them in Middle ages
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 26, 2017 at 07:21 AM. Reason: continuity

Quote Originally Posted by SipahiBiH View Post

greeting

K. Man
    Look dude bosniak is a turkish pronounce and the medieval bosniani is an "elitist" identification used by the rulers same as burgundians and normandians in france.The people callthemself bosnians in terms of region but in terms of etnicity not till much later!
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 26, 2017 at 07:23 AM. Reason: continuity\off topic

Bosniak is the current term derived from Bosnjanin. Your own historians question your history every 5 to 10 years = you do not seem to know who you are and where you come from.

And to the serbs: Your own linguists have searched for your language and found it in Bosnia.
    That would mean Serbian as well as Croatian have derived from the Bosnian. This must really hurt.

to both: You can not name historically correct facts.
    Your whole knowledge is not based on research and investigation .... but only from tales and funny books of funny people.
    The Bosniaks have a story carved in stone ... you only ideas and funny traditions.

In general, it is claimed that the Church has put into circulation falsified documents to prove the existence of a Croatian people and country?
    Where are these documents? And why can no one examine them?

If you do not have the arguments, try to make the facts ridiculous. Otherwise we do not know you. Since I can remember, I know that you are traumatized when you hear Bosnia or the Bosniaks.
    Why do not you just leave us alone? We are not interested in your "history". Why is ours so important to you?
    No one of us is going to tell you who you are, where you come from and what you want.

Bosniak or Bosnjanin is exactly the same. Why some of you try to separate or distinguish is a mystery:

According to the Bosniak entry in the Oxford English Dictionary, the first preserved use of "Bosniak" in English was by British diplomat and historian Paul Rycaut in 1680 as Bosnack, cognate with post-classical Latin Bosniacus (1682 or earlier), French Bosniaque (1695 or earlier) or German Bosniak (1737 or earlier). The modern spelling is contained in the 1836 Penny Cyclopaedia V. 231/1: "The inhabitants of Bosnia are composed of Bosniaks, a race of Sclavonian origin". In the Slavic languages, -ak is a common suffix appended to words to create a masculine noun, for instance also found in the ethnonym of Poles (Polak) and Slovaks (Slovák). As such, "Bosniak" is etymologically equivalent to its non-ethnic counterpart "Bosnian" (which entered English around the same time via the Middle French, Bosnien): a native of Bosnia

From the perspective of Bosniaks, bosanstvo (Bosnianhood) and bošnjaštvo (Bosniakhood) are closely and mutually interconnected, as Bosniaks connect their identity with Bosnia and Herzegovina.
    The earliest attestation to a Bosnian ethnonym emerged with the historical term "Bošnjanin" (Latin: Bosniensis) which denoted the people of the medieval Bosnian kingdom. By the 15th century, the suffix -(n)in had been replaced by -ak to create the current form Bošnjak (Bosniak), first attested in the diplomacy of Bosnian king Tvrtko II who in 1440 dispatched a delegation (Apparatu virisque insignis) to the Polish king of Hungary, Władysław Warneńczyk (1440–1444), asserting a common Slavic ancestry and language between the Bosniak and Pole.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 26, 2017 at 07:27 AM. Reason: off topic\personal
    Dr. Cerić: Mi nikada nećemo biti prihvaćeni ni kod zapada ni kod istoka, zato što je Bosna zemlja heretika i sto su Bošnjaci potomci Ilira. Živimo pod pritiskom susjeda i Taoci smo njihovih laži.

(Dr. Ceric: We will never be accepted either in the west or on the east, because Bosnia is a land of heretics and that the Bosniaks are the descendants of the Illyians. We live under pressure
    between our neighbors and we are the hostages of their lies)

our own historians question your history every 5 to 10 years
    Yes we call it science!

nd to the serbs: Your own linguists have searched for your language and found it in Bosnia.
    That would mean Serbian as well as Croatian have derived from the Bosnian. This must really hurt.
    We know your wievs but repeating bosniak preudoscience is not proof!!

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...snjaci+su+srbi this bosniak is claiming that u come from serbs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y4RbnZEOr8
    Serbs and Croats are known as one of the oldest tribes! Croats are the only slavic etnonym that can be found by south,east and west slavs
    to both: You can not name historically correct facts.
    Your whole knowledge is not based on research and investigation .... but only from tales and funny books of funny people.
    The Bosniaks have a story carved in stone ... you only ideas and funny traditions

Dux croatorum from 9. century! Serbs have similar stuff now show us a dux/rex of the bosniaks/bosnianis!!

In general, it is claimed that the Church has put into circulation falsified documents to prove the existence of a Croatian people and country?
    No LOL that is a Bosnian Moslem comunity claim all normal people know that the only mentioning of anything in a medieval country besides state administration are churchal documents.Tribes do not play a role,etnicity,nation does not play a role nor it brings any ponits or rights to the ruler.Only the family blood line can give u the legitimacy to rule so to the curch it is irelevant what foolks live in bosnia especialy to the catholics cuz they are universalist while the ortodox churches belong to national states
    Last edited by thekingsmen; July 25, 2017 at 02:20 PM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

How the Romans saw Slavic people.
    The two major branches (there were atleast a douzen) were Antes and Sclavenoi.
    Later those major tribes formed what we call Serbs and Croats.
    The biggest diference was their choice of the influence of the Church they embraced even when Christian Church was not devided.
    Later Croats became Catholic and Serbs Orthodox. Bosnia was one of the Principalities of Serbian origin (if I recall corectly in a time there were 3 of them).
    During the Ottoman Expansion many Serbs -just like many other Christians- joined the Islamic faith. Ottomans moved them were modern Bosnia is to create a Muslim buffer zone between the Christian nations that were outside their influence of power.
    Bosnia gathered Slavic new Muslims not because Bosnians became Muslims in one night but because Turks moved them there.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Is there a single written source during the medieval period calling Bosnia a Croat or Serb land or Bosnians being Croats or Serbs apart from the DAI?

Because relying on a single primary source for a span of over 900 years is folly at best(considering domestic Bosnian sources state themselves as Bosnians, not Serbs or Croats), not to mention that the Bosnia mentioned in the DAI was a small province around the south portion of the river, nothing near the size it became during the medieval period;