Thread: Roman Rebel Armies

Default Roman Rebel Armies

I have a question about the 2nd Roman Rebellion armies; Do they recruit the same legions the human player can recruit, or is there a single unit used for their legionaries?

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Roman Rebel Armies

They can recruit the same legions. There are however spawned legions at the beginning of the rebellion that have silver upgrades and often 22 units.
    There is also a legionary unit (well two if you count the 1st cohort) that isn't numbered or named and can be recruited everywhere... a post-marian, pre-named legion

Quote Originally Posted by Basiliscus View Post
    They can recruit the same legions. There are however spawned legions at the beginning of the rebellion that have silver upgrades and often 22 units.
    There is also a legionary unit (well two if you count the 1st cohort) that isn't numbered or named and can be recruited everywhere... a post-marian, pre-named legion
    How 22 units? There can only be 20 units in one stack.

Don't ask me... you'll see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Basiliscus View Post
    Don't ask me... you'll see for yourself.
    Enemy stacks sometimes seems to have 22 units but it's not true. The first 2 rows have 9 units and third 2, so its 20.

Well, look at me always thinking that there were 22 units... well we learn something new everyday

Let me join saying that Roman Rebels stacks are plenty of artillery, Evocati and Region numbered legions.
    Sometimes they also field Segmentata legions; not to mention they have Macedonian standard bearers...

Stat rosa pristina nomine nomina nuda tenemus