Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: LME4 Download and Installation. Cumulative Patch 4.2 with Add-on released 11th March 2015

Default Re: Download and Installation. Current Version 1.5

ohh, I thought that the CAI and BAi has been included and was based on the Hedge knights work?
    also on the Music Sub mnid, i have noticed that on battles it just keeps playing the same song over and over again... please advise.
    please advise also on what BAI and CAI i should place in this to get the maximum effect.

PM

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

there are only about 4 songs in NTW for battles... so just might be you keep getting same one...

I'm down for making small patches to add songs you want replaced... just let me know and I'll make a personal patch... takes about 1 min to switch out songs... send me a song... about 1 min and 30 seconds long as any longer doesn't work it skips between 1:15 secs to 1:30 secs back to about 15 secs into a song.... or a song even if it's a youtube vid i'll download it and you tell me part you want ...

as for CAI and BAI have those first... it's not CAI it should be called UAI and BAI is under than then the rest of mod in order and you should be ok... also if you playing on vh don't expect much strategy other than a mad rush and zerg...

Quote Originally Posted by RO Citizen View Post
    I must say this is the best historical mod for NTW I've seen! I just love the multiple campaigns, like in the M2TW mods (I hope you'll develop more in the future, I can help with research if needed), and the AI. I'll say it loud: THE AI FINALLY KICKED MY ASS IN A TW GAME! This hasn't happened to me since EB, really, and it was more fun losing than winning in NOW or vanilla.
    just ruined (lost) my Italian Kingdom 1813 campaign in less than 1 year, very funny Played H/H with UAI activated and went for Vienna with all my best troops. Spain besieged and took my lightly defended capital and the troops from vienna couldn't recapture Milan before the Swiss Conf. took it from Spain, damn!!

Can't remember the last time I played with such carelessness but lesson learned, "never leave your capital unattended or it will be removed by the authorities"

/iutland

hmm one thing I do notice is that italy has a hard time staying alive in 1805 and 1813 campaign

what do you mean UAI Activated? the LME_UAI I presume?

Yea newest lme uai is up to date

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    just ruined (lost) my Italian Kingdom 1813 campaign in less than 1 year, very funny Played H/H with UAI activated and went for Vienna with all my best troops. Spain besieged and took my lightly defended capital and the troops from vienna couldn't recapture Milan before the Swiss Conf. took it from Spain, damn!!

Can't remember the last time I played with such carelessness but lesson learned, "never leave your capital unattended or it will be removed by the authorities"

/iutland
    Now that was a harsh lesson

The Poles, Italians&Dutch are usually the hardest to play.
    [Col] RO Citizen

I just discovered an amusing oversight.

French troops in the Peninsular Campaign have -1 morale. How exactly does one have less than no morale?

This has resulted in line infantry occasionally routing by being charged by Portuguese militia.
    Therefore, I conclude, that Valve should announce Half Life 2 Episode 3.

strange... and funny... possibly an error... will check with Iutland... I can see low morale but negative seems a bit extreme LOL

"Sir!!!"
    "What Pierre?"
    "The Militia are charging our trained Line Infantry!"
    "FALL BACK!! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE"

Fear the Melee bug LOL try playing france w/o UAI then...
    Last edited by ReignTerror; November 18, 2010 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReignTerror View Post
    strange... and funny... possibly an error... will check with Iutland... I can see low militia but negative seems a bit extreme LOL

"Sir!!!"
    "What Pierre?"
    "The Militia are charging our trained Line Infantry!"
    "FALL BACK!! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE"

Fear the Melee bug LOL try playing france w/o UAI then...
    I think I'll sink my teeth into an 1813 campaign instead; Peninsular Campaign is hard enough as france without stereotypical WW2 era French morale.

So is the difference? if anything, between the 1.5 version with installer, and the 1.5 version where you had to dowload and the separate parts.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

What are your plans for the future ?
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Quote Originally Posted by pallidamors View Post
    So is the difference? if anything, between the 1.5 version with installer, and the 1.5 version where you had to dowload and the separate parts.
    The only diff. is the adding of new loading screens in the texture pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher Kaiser View Post
    What are your plans for the future ?
    We are looking at various game play improvements, more customized sound/music, customized unit text etc. My own time is limited until Christmas due to work related activities so mod progress is slower than 2 months ago.

On the other hand we are always open for ideas regarding improvements as long as they are within the overall scope and context of the mod.

Cheers
    iutland

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post

We are looking at various game play improvements, more customized sound/music, customized unit text etc. My own time is limited until Christmas due to work related activities so mod progress is slower than 2 months ago.

On the other hand we are always open for ideas regarding improvements as long as they are within the overall scope and context of the mod.

Cheers
    iutland
    Bro,take your time,In my opinion you have the best NTW era mod there is period
    and you come out with the latest versions faster than any mod team out there,and they are good quality also.love how you use the native language for each country ,the correct portraits,and gameplay
    +rep IUTLAND

I do still think it might be worth reconsidering how Skirmishers work.

I just don't think they're accurate enough to make a really worthwhile addition to an army. Since they have the same shot spread as Line Infantry, they have to get to the same range as line infantry to really be effective which strikes me as counter-productive to the whole idea of sharpshooters.

It's my personal opinion that a higher accuracy, reduced shot spread, and longer reload time would help them fill their niche a little better. I know for a fact there's one unit of Germanic riflemen that the French can recruit which has really high accuracy and a very long reload time which works exactly as I would intend, but I can't for the life of me remember their name.

That being said, most of my experience is with French Voltigeurs and Chasseurs, which using modified muskets, rather than rifled muskets, would naturally not be as accurate as riflemen, and understandably don't have the same range. Even they, however, seem have to have inferior killing power per barrage to standard Line troops, never mind what units like the Old Guard or Coldstream Guard can do with their higher accuracy ratings.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by kenniston5 View Post
    Bro,take your time,In my opinion you have the best NTW era mod there is period
    and you come out with the latest versions faster than any mod team out there,and they are good quality also.love how you use the native language for each country ,the correct portraits,and gameplay
    +rep IUTLAND
    Thanks kenniston, I feel honoured by your positive response

Quote Originally Posted by MajorStoffer View Post
    I do still think it might be worth reconsidering how Skirmishers work.

I just don't think they're accurate enough to make a really worthwhile addition to an army. Since they have the same shot spread as Line Infantry, they have to get to the same range as line infantry to really be effective which strikes me as counter-productive to the whole idea of sharpshooters.

It's my personal opinion that a higher accuracy, reduced shot spread, and longer reload time would help them fill their niche a little better. I know for a fact there's one unit of Germanic riflemen that the French can recruit which has really high accuracy and a very long reload time which works exactly as I would intend, but I can't for the life of me remember their name.

That being said, most of my experience is with French Voltigeurs and Chasseurs, which using modified muskets, rather than rifled muskets, would naturally not be as accurate as riflemen, and understandably don't have the same range. Even they, however, seem have to have inferior killing power per barrage to standard Line troops, never mind what units like the Old Guard or Coldstream Guard can do with their higher accuracy ratings.

Just my 2 cents.
    That's a really well described observation of yours. I will take a look at it before next release as we might need to balance the stats for skirmishers and light infantry for better gameplay. Thank you MajorStoffer

Cheers
    iutland

Hi Iutland,

Long time, no see. I come back to the forum and now you are the "Mod King"

Well deserved, you must have spend an enormous amount of time on LME

I haven't played NTW since LME 1.2, so now I'm starting a 1.5 campaign, French 1805.

Some strange numbers 141 men (line, normal) or 220 (line, large). Why don't you use a number that can be divided by 3, so you will have perfect lines when the unit is full strenght? Like 120, 150, 180, 210, up to 300?

A French Ligne Fusiliers or Voltigeurs company size in 1805 were 120 men + 3 officers, so 120, which can be divided by 3, is a very good number. A two company unit would be 240 men, another good number for NTW, and 300 men is the maximum in three lines.

A French Grenadiers company in 1805 were 80 men + 3 officers, so a two company unit is 160 men, a good number for that unit.

Another thing, in battle cavalry always tried to get the biggest frontage, because experience showed that it was a decisive factor. So a cav unit should only be in 2, max. 3 ranks in the game, not in 5 or 6.

Anyway, with some modification I got the numbers and formations I wanted and now also historical correct.

I am still in 1805, but the game feels really good, and adding some smoke and sound mods makes the game look and sound awesome. I have only noticed my pet peeve, (cav. still not strong enough against inf.), but I guess I could look into that.

The new music is mostly good, but there is also some terrible "shopping / airport music" a la Richard Clyderman

I am curious about the improvements in CAI,- but it's too early in the game to tell. This mod has evolved into the best mod for NTW IMHO,- good work!

Cheers,

P.S. Husk nu at holde fri til Jul
    Last edited by PhallosMaximus; November 22, 2010 at 10:08 AM.
    Intel i5-2500K + 2x Gigabyte GTX 770 OC SLI + Dell 27" @ 2.560 x 1.440
    Asus P8 P67 Mainboard 8GB Kingston HyperX Genesis RAM 1600 MHz Creative SB Z-SeriesLogitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Corsair TX 850 W Power Supply

Quote Originally Posted by PhallosMaximus View Post
    Hi Iutland,

Long time, no see. I come back to the forum and now you are the "Mod King"

Well deserved, you must have spend an enormous amount of time on LME

I haven't played NTW since LME 1.2, so now I'm starting a 1.5 campaign, French 1805.

Some strange numbers 141 men (line, normal) or 220 (line, large). Why don't you use a number that can be divided by 3, so you will have perfect lines when the unit is full strenght? Like 120, 150, 180, 210, up to 300?

A French Ligne Fusiliers or Voltigeurs company size in 1805 were 120 men + 3 officers, so 120, which can be divided by 3, is a very good number. A two company unit would be 240 men, another good number for NTW, and 300 men is the maximum in three lines.

A French Grenadiers company in 1805 were 80 men + 3 officers, so a two company unit is 160 men, a good number for that unit.

Another thing, in battle cavalry always tried to get the biggest frontage, because experience showed that it was a decisive factor. So a cav unit should only be in 2, max. 3 ranks in the game, not in 5 or 6.

Anyway, with some modification I got the numbers and formations I wanted and now also historical correct.

I am still in 1805, but the game feels really good, and adding some smoke and sound mods makes the game look and sound awesome. I have only noticed my pet peeve, (cav. still not strong enough against inf.), but I guess I could look into that.

The new music is mostly good, but there is also some terrible "shopping / airport music" a la Richard Clyderman

I am curious about the improvements in CAI,- but it's too early in the game to tell. This mod has evolved into the best mod for NTW IMHO,- good work!

Cheers,

P.S. Husk nu at holde fri til Jul
    Hejsa

Not quite the mod King, more like the mod , no just kidding. Nice to see you around again my friend and I'm ready for some constructive feedback as always

1. Unit numbers: 141/3=47 anyway it's been hard for me to find sources with historical correct unit numbers and the best I got is this site using post 1808 numbers. But I'm dying to obtain more information on historical correct unit numbers (for normal/default unit sizes), so if you can supply me with more information on this I will be very grateful (Please PM me in Danish then)
    2. Cavalry frontage is to facilitate placement of units and it's easier for the AI to manouver with a samller frontage. Again it would be helpful to obtain more information on historical unit sizes

Thank you for the overall appreciation of the work that the mod team has done

Mvh iutland

French troops in the Peninsular Campaign have -1 morale. How exactly does one have less than no morale?

This has resulted in line infantry occasionally routing by being charged by Portuguese militia.
    Some of Austria's troops in my Polish campaign have negative morale too. And I've seen it before in the unmodded game too as far as I remember, with a small country like batavia I think.

I always thought it had something to do with bankrupcy, troop morale getting low if you cant pay them, before they disband. But it was just a guess since I never went bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrowski View Post
    Some of Austria's troops in my Polish campaign have negative morale too. And I've seen it before in the unmodded game too as far as I remember, with a small country like batavia I think.

I always thought it had something to do with bankrupcy, troop morale getting low if you cant pay them, before they disband. But it was just a guess since I never went bankrupt.
    I'm sorry but I can't replicate this issue. Report it more specific if the problem persist

Nice catch Major, the LME1.5 pack lowers French morale to a comparable level against other nations. Somehow this issue was fixed for the French peninsular faction by CA and France ended up with an even higher penalty

I've made a hotfix that corrects this issue and it's attached the first post in this thread. Just unrar to your data folder before playing peninsular campaign and that's it. Savegame compatible as well.

Cheers
    iutland