Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Chansons de Geste: CANCELLED

lafeeverted's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Chansons de Geste: CANCELLED

Sorry to hear this. I agree, Aragon as a faction is a needed addition and hopefully it will be done eventually. I would prefer to have this and skip the Americas entirely. Thanks for the effort, i can only imagine how much work must go into trying to make it work and then keep up with the changes to make it compatible with other mods.

kaiser1993's Avatar Senator

I may have a shot at adding the Abbassid Caliphate, could I use the pics you have for that faction please?

P.S sorry to here about he cancellation TaronQuinn, but I suggest having a break and coming back to this mod. Why get this far and then just give up, don't throw away the progress you have made.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

In terms of CTD during AI turns, i've seen it occur in my own modding experience as well, in my case it was some issues with the campaign scripts, since that's really the part that is most likely to occur only during the AI turns, could go check if there are units that is no longer in use in the EDU in there... or in the case of changing an entire faction it might be even more complicated of course..... i guess look at all the script involving the faction you replaced?

Also, would it be alright if I use some of the UI pictures for the buildings in your files for my own submod ? (it's also a similar historical focused submod for SS)
    Last edited by RollingWave; December 13, 2010 at 07:56 PM.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

i am so sorry about that TQ..i have been busy with my final year exams....i hope u got the power to continue this project soon...
    good work for u tried to make the mod live more and more...u know i really appreciate what u have done to add these fantastic features that sure i would have enjoyed much if that was released...rep & respect

Proud To Be Orthodox Christian

TQ

can you send me the download links for the main file, the patch and the bb version to use?

Thanks!

Gary

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Don't quote me on this gfortune, but I might have all the files that you are seeking still located on an old backup somewhere. Give me a week, max.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Yo the Man!!

gfortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    Don't quote me on this gfortune, but I might have all the files that you are seeking still located on an old backup somewhere. Give me a week, max.

~Wille
    I would be eternally grateful for a chance to use this as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Uploading as we speak. Soon done, I will be handing out PMs to you guys. With a little something extra as well, never released. Have fun with it guys.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.

This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    Uploading as we speak. Soon done, I will be handing out PMs to you guys. With a little something extra as well, never released. Have fun with it guys.

~Wille
    Enjoying the mod very much so far! Can't thank you enough for the upload, sir. And thanks for the little extra thing, too.
    Last edited by Cyprian2; January 02, 2013 at 11:53 PM.

Thanks too!

gfortune

Update: this mod is faaaaantastic! Aside from some of the unfinished bits here and there, I'd really have to say that Chansons de Geste is a superior mod in every way. I'm even wondering if I like it better than BB 4.23, due to some of the nice roster and settlement tweaks!

Thanks again, Kjertesvein!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My pleasure.

I get a new gaming computer within the week, so DLV is up on my list. If you develop CdG further, then please send me the files.

~Wille

Northman75's Avatar Tiro

Is it possible that I could get my hands on this wonderfuld mod too? Have installed DLV with BB after a loooooong time again, its still one of my favorites, but the lack of proper units was always a bit annoying, so I am trying to merge (at least a lot of reskinned/new units) to the latest BB and Chansons de Geste with latest BB would be so freaking perfect.

TaronQuinn's Avatar Semisalis

Northman,

I have recently thought about restarting it, now that RL has settled back down a bit. If you want the original files, PM Wille (Kjertesvein) and he should be able to give a you a link to wherever he uploaded whatever he had. I might upload them again, but I'll need to find a site and the time to do so haha. No promises on future work though, just lots of ideas.

TQ

Northman75's Avatar Tiro

Thanks TQ, I will do that. It would be great if this project would come to life again, it gives DLV and BB exactly what it needs. I have modded a bit here and there with few things, so adding new units/rekinned units is in my range of skills, but merging this whole project to the latest BB is far to big for me, so to have you back to DLV would be fantastic

I've never played with this minimod, but from what I see is a step forward and a great addition to latest BB.
    Also a major lack in the gameplay is the nonexistent area of recruitment for native and regionals units.

Seeing, in the last period of time, an increased activity in moding for DLV, would be nice if these minimods will be compatible between them, or to see them united in a team.

I'm not a moder, but if you guys(and this apply to all submods who have activity) share my opinion, I can assist with an 24/24 TeamSpeak,pre discussion,team coordination,research, testing.
    Give a sign, those interested.

Quote Originally Posted by TaronQuinn View Post
    Northman,

I have recently thought about restarting it, now that RL has settled back down a bit. If you want the original files, PM Wille (Kjertesvein) and he should be able to give a you a link to wherever he uploaded whatever he had. I might upload them again, but I'll need to find a site and the time to do so haha. No promises on future work though, just lots of ideas.

TQ
    This is wonderful news, TaronQuinn. Who wouldn't love to see this mod completed? (Not holding you to anything. .) This is perhaps the only mod that's kept me playing M2TW at all (well, this and BB 4.43). Unfortunately, I've had to stop several campaigns because of that damn end-turn CTD . But I'm sure I speak for everyone on the DLV forums when I say that your work has been tremendous, and is far too good to lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by escho View Post
    I've never played with this minimod, but from what I see is a step forward and a great addition to latest BB.
    Also a major lack in the gameplay is the nonexistent area of recruitment for native and regionals units.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. I'd love to see an overhaul of the recruitment system in which almost all units are regional (AOR), by eliminating the generic rosters altogether -- so you'd have region-specific troops and almost none of the generic stuff. Of course, this is just brainstorming on my part, but I'd love to hear others' thoughts on the subject.
    Seeing, in the last period of time, an increased activity in moding for DLV, would be nice if these minimods will be compatible between them, or to see them united in a team.
    Well, I believe TQ contributed some things to the current build of BB. That said, we'd all love to see Aragon as a faction in BB.

I'm not a moder, but if you guys(and this apply to all submods who have activity) share my opinion, I can assist with an 24/24 TeamSpeak,pre discussion,team coordination,research, testing.
    Give a sign, those interested.

Drinka of the Rum's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by TaronQuinn View Post
    Northman, I have recently thought about restarting it, now that RL has settled back down a bit...
    That would be great TaronQuinn. The mod looks awesome and you can see there definitely still a lot of interest in DLV and BB . One might say populo lo vult...

I understand it was CTDs that caused you to cease development. Perhaps through a combined effort we could work out what went wrong. If not, perhaps we could get one of the workshop guys to give us some ideas...

Could someone please post where the files can be downloaded ? Thanks!

Any chance to upload this mod here ?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast