Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Further explanation about the tax system and the tax buildings

Default Re: Further explanation about the tax system and the tax buildings

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    That was just my speculations.

Well, the way Dvk explains it makes a lot more sense when you throw out the "citizen funds" variable. And it explains why having 3 sieges on the go at once sends my profits plummeting At least now I know I can ramp up taxes for a few turns without killing my economy beyond offing a few of my citizens (and sometimes, that's more of a bonus then a penalty. Too much Medieval made me forget just how insane squalor could get in Rome).

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

I do have another question, while DVK's post was very informative, in terms of the Economic bonuses like the Wine Trade and Small Vineyards, Wine, Olive Oil trade or production, etc..

If I go further up that tree I get little confused from the Descriptions for example:

Salt, Wine, Olive Oil Trade says that it Provides 3 Tax Income Bonuses of 18%, 7%, and 10%, however in the description it goes into further detail and say what each % means (E.G. 18% tax bonus for wine trade, etc..)

Now I just looked in my settlement details for Crotona, and noticed that in the import/export tree no Wine, Olives, or Salt is coming there, so does that mean that building tree line is essentially useless beyond the first one in the tier "Wine Trade and Small Vineyards" (Which states that it gives a 15% tax bonus for just being Romans Roman)

Hopefully i explained it easy enough that someone can help, I'm really starting to understand the economy slightly now in RS II, just these little things are still bothersome

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

The first four buildings require progressively....trader, market, forum, great forum.

The second four buildings require an economic or 'Merged' city. So if a settlement has only a 'Fortified City' focus, you cannot build the second set of four. (Thus, the advantage of an Economic City.)

I don't recall any text that says you get a bonus for just being 'Roman'. You do get additional bonuses if one of the resources (wine, salt, olive_oil, etc) is in the region.
    Bear in mind that this 'building' reflects, in fact, a 'complex' of buildings. RS2 was 'slot starved' in almost all areas, so to get buildings in we had to squash as much stuff into building trees as possible.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    The first four buildings require progressively....trader, market, forum, great forum.

The second four buildings require an economic or 'Merged' city. So if a settlement has only a 'Fortified City' focus, you cannot build the second set of four. (Thus, the advantage of an Economic City.)

I don't recall any text that says you get a bonus for just being 'Roman'. You do get additional bonuses if one of the resources (wine, salt, olive_oil, etc) is in the region.
    Bear in mind that this 'building' reflects, in fact, a 'complex' of buildings. RS2 was 'slot starved' in almost all areas, so to get buildings in we had to squash as much stuff into building trees as possible.
    Thank you for the response DVK, however, I was not referring to the requirement, as I am aware of that, and Crotona is an economic city, so it can build those building types

The question I have, is it worth building it even if the settlement does not import or export wine, olives, or salt? (since I do have the option to build them) For example my settlement of Crotona does import/export those resources, nor do they have any of those resources visable in their region, so essentially are those buildings just worthless to have?.

I attached the screenshot descriptions of the first 3 buildings, to perhaps help with what I'm talking about. Also, if you notice, the first one in the tree, says 15% bonus for Romans, perhaps that's word is substituted for different factions, but naturally I assume it was a specific Roman bonus, hehe.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mont's Avatar Tiro
    Townsville(home of the power puff girls) Australia

Governments around the world are building new tax systems, in the game the people get unhappy, and I know how they feel, I get pissed off to.

Its a realistic tax system alright.
    Last edited by Mont; September 17, 2010 at 11:22 PM.

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Hmm,

Maybe my question got lost in the threads which is understandable, but any idea about the issue above? I just simply need to know if the Province does not export/import wine, olives etc.., even though I still have to option to build those economic upgrades (like the wine and trade vineyard, wine, olive oil, trade production, etc..), is there actually a point to them if they don't trade for it, or have the resource for that matter?

May seem like a obvious answer, but would like a conformation from a dev if possible on this please.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234