Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Updates Thread. 1.0 Now Released!

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Updates Thread. 1.0 Now Released!

Latest version of the Multiplayer is now 1.0!

Changes:

• Several new mercenary units and unit of native Carthaginians added to the Carthage roster
    • Rome faction overhaul + added a couple of units. Now the choice between legionaries and auxillia matters, also pre-Marian is a valid option (they are less proffesional, but more zealous)
    • Cimbri added units
    • Belgae added units
    • Buffed Dacia
    • Other factions had minor tweaks
    Last edited by |Sith|Galvanized Iron; August 24, 2012 at 01:51 PM.
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Default Re: Updates Thread

Would be good if Hellhound could update his installer with this.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Yeah good idea apple.

Hellhound1's Avatar *Knock Knock*

Ok, ill crack right on making a new one (the old one people had trouble with ) SO ill make it easier. Hopefully..

I take it this is the new version? and that the version before is now void?

Unless you want me using slingers like they have muskets. so far i only took 6 squads to stay true to CWB but i have the option of taking more ofc(cause u lot dont use rules except no Artie). then again with Galvanized iron crashing the economy they now cost more and have less range but thats fine with me, they'll still own. just different things. and at least they are raping people with rocks and not acid dipped heads...

Well more stones is good tough.
    Hellhound could you keep the old one too so that people can watch the old replays.
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Ok.. New thread time me thinks.

Wait, does the EDU affect the replays? 0.o

well in the old version, Sticks and stones broke your bones, your shield, your lorica segmentata and every internal organ that got in the way. in fact due to my old desync before i fixed it, galvanized concentrated fire on a squad of cata and eliminated an entire unit. ofc in my version i was doing exactly the same to his cav and then we were all confused cause both of us got a heroic vic. it was interesting.

and yes lad, whenever you patch up the old replays no longer exist. This is why no replays of old school clannies from before patch 1.5 on vanilla exist and THAT is a complete loss of culture those people spent years finetuning tactics and passing them on to their trainees... therefore be VERY VERY sure you ABSOLUTLEhhh HAVE to patch it before you do it. the less patches the easier the replays will be to watch. then again u cn always make new replays if u know what i mean...

Edit: well they exist but can only be played on the same engine.
    Last edited by |Sith| Max; September 09, 2010 at 11:40 AM.

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well in this case the version difference is just a few rows of text so could be viewable still.
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

Not if the player used slingers.
    Son of Legio

Oh wow. I completely missed this.

No wonder I was incompatible...

Dum du dum dum dummmmmm!

Guide updated with installer.

GJ.
    Son of Legio

Not a problem

I am going to miss those slingers. Tough sons of es. They were the best ranged troops i have ever had the fortune to command in RTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastos Abdes Pantera View Post
    Yes, I did it one folder too deep. That is why it didnt work. Maybe you should suggest to Hellhound to make a warning about this. He mentions having the right install directory, however he doesnt mention that it could theoretically break the installation. +rep for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by C. Norris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickNicaG69 View Post
    . About that, I realized it installs not just 2 files, but many others (try installing into desktop see how many folders/subfolders it has). I have a feeling it's the installer that screwed things up.
    I took a closer look at the installer and it seems to be fine. These subfolders are necessary because of the way the installer basically works. It just copies over the old files in one move so there have to be the subfolders in order to reach the right target.
    The danger in using the installer is that you might choose the wrong installation path, so that the installer copies it´s files e.g. one folder level too deep and miss its intended target files.
    Therefore I suggest doing it manually.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Go to this folder:
    D:\Roma Surrectum II\Data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\Single_Player (it's the one used for historical battles, not campaign so don't worry)

Renamed this file:
    "export_descr_unit" to "export_descr_unit.old" (to keep it as backup)

Unzip and paste the latest patch into the "D:\Roma Surrectum II\Data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\Single_Player"-folder

Repeat the process for the "D:\Roma Surrectum II\Data\"-folder.

After that there is a bat-file called "RS2_RTW" in the main RS II folder. Double-click that one and choose 1.

These instructions should be idiot-proof if you manage to follow them exactly.
    Yeah, maybe you could add some kind of warning about the installer in regard to that issue in the first post as there still seem to be some people that have problems using the installer.
    You should make clear what exact path is needed for the installer.
    THIS IS...Sparta? Nah...
    Always read the FAQs
    Lou337: Whenever I start up RS II before the screenshot of the city in the sunset comes up there is a line of green text on the upper left corner that says something like GTA Vice City ENB Beta v0.005 and some russian guy's email address. It's very weird.[...] I thought I was being watched by a russian hacker who played a lot of GTA.

It does say to install where RTW.exe is located. Also, nobody seems to want to take the time to just read the instructions. -.-
    It clearly states to make sure theres no "New Folder" tag, yet people still have the new folder problem.

Also, how can it break the game? If it installs too deep, it just makes redundant files the game never reads.

Edit: I just read your Tech Help post, if replacing with the original EDUs doesnt work, then its not the installers fault, because it doesnt change anything, just overwrites 2 files.. Could that have been another problem?

Edit 2: Just tried to break mine by installing too deep, and i didnt have any problems.. Hmm.. Did you keep a SS of that folder? I'd like to take a look to see what happened to yours xD
    Last edited by Hellhound1; September 11, 2010 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellhound1 View Post
    Also, how can it break the game? If it installs too deep, it just makes redundant files the game never reads.
    Sorry this is a misunderstanding. I never said that it breaks the game. I just wanted to point out that some poeple still seem to have problems with choosing the right path for the installer. A simple "Be sure that you install it in [blabla] folder and not anywhere else" (preferably in red colour^^) in the post containing the installer won´t harm anybody!
    Sometimes people just rush through the different pages of an installer and might miss some information. Even myself^^.
    Edit: I just read your Tech Help post, if replacing with the original EDUs doesnt work, then its not the installers fault, because it doesnt change anything, just overwrites 2 files.. Could that have been another problem?
    I said the installer is fine, but some people might choose the wrong path...
    Edit 2: Just tried to break mine by installing too deep, and i didnt have any problems.. Hmm.. Did you keep a SS of that folder? I'd like to take a look to see what happened to yours xD
    Another misunderstanding. I´m not the one with the problem but the one who was helping! In this thread.
    Sebastos Abdes Pantera just suggested I could tell you to write a special note in the first post to prevent similar questions in the future and I considered it as a good idea
    THIS IS...Sparta? Nah...
    Always read the FAQs
    Lou337: Whenever I start up RS II before the screenshot of the city in the sunset comes up there is a line of green text on the upper left corner that says something like GTA Vice City ENB Beta v0.005 and some russian guy's email address. It's very weird.[...] I thought I was being watched by a russian hacker who played a lot of GTA.

Oh sorry xD I wasnt aiming it at you

It was more a general "The installer didnt break your game!!!!!" type of post.

Yes, ill put it in red, AND make it bold, then nobody can miss it.

But seriously, the installer didnt break anything. If its installed too deep, it becomes redundant, and if its installed with the new folder tag, again, its redundant. Unless its installed to the exact right place, nothing will happen, you'll just have a few useless files that the game wont even read.

Methinks that whatever the problem that person was having, wasnt caused by the installer. Also, because changing the EDU wont cause a CTD in a new campaign.. Only if you went into each modfolder and changed the EDU would the fix be a suspect at all. Which the installer doesnt do..

So to recap, dont blame the installer

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast