Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Updates Thread. 1.0 Now Released!

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Updates Thread. 1.0 Now Released!

Quote Originally Posted by JackDionne View Post
    A smart player will keep his elephants away from them.

Same thing happens in our time, a mutli-milliion dollar tank can be destroyed by a new generation missile (top attack) worth a fraction of the cost.
    Well that arguement goes for any type of unit, a smart player can keep his cavalry away from spears etc, if he does that then it's not an issue of balance.

It's harder than that to protect the eles though, since they need to get close to the battle line and into range of skirmishers to do damage and a smart player will save his skirmsiher ammo for that moment.

It's also worth noting that javelin cavalry are also quite deadly to elephants and hard to dodge for the elephant player, then we also got phalanxes, basicly elephants is just an expensive anti cavalry weapon.
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

It has been discovered that during the stat reductions of other cheap axemen, the Belgae Axemen were overlooked, they had the stats greater than Caledonian Infantry at only half their cost + armor piercing weapons, therefore I see no other choice than to make an emergency fix for this to prevent exploitation of this unit:
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/22075033/EDU+1.0+%28Balance+Fix+Proper%29.rar

It's poor praxis to release an update mid-tourney, but no battles has so far been fought using this unit in the tourney.

Edit: Broken Download Link. Re-Uploaded.
    Last edited by |Sith|Galvanized Iron; August 03, 2012 at 02:50 PM.

Roman infantry seem to be OP by far. I was fighting against the Flavia Felix in a town defence; completely surrounded them with 9 units of Wolf Warriors (playing as Cimbri). They routed my soldiers, even though they were elite, get frighten_infantry bonus, and had upgraded experience. I was playing on large unit scale, difficulty was hardest against AI. On these settings, I haven't got any problems when playing against other factions. Other factions would rout almost instantly in the same situation. Maybe it's just my perception, but Roman infantry, on a whole, are better then most elite infantry while coming at a cheaper cost.
    Last edited by MrExpendable; August 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExpendable View Post
    Roman infantry seem to be OP by far. I was fighting against the Flavia Felix in a town defence; completely surrounded them with 9 units of Wolf Warriors (playing as Cimbri). They routed my soldiers, even though they were elite, get frighten_infantry bonus, and had upgraded experience. I was playing on large unit scale, difficulty was hardest against AI. On these settings, I haven't got any problems when playing against other factions. Other factions would rout almost instantly in the same situation. Maybe it's just my perception, but Roman infantry, on a whole, are better then most elite infantry while coming at a cheaper cost.
    If it's at very hard they got +7 attack +7 defense and +7 morale, so no I don't think it can be considered a consistent result. A Wolf Warrior is actually slightly more powerful than any Legionary, but with much worse missile defenses of course. Legions defeat other standard infantry yeah, but put them against Thorakitai Agyraspides or even Celtic Heavy Swordsmen and the legions will crumble, but yeah defeating a legion army requires good use of cavalry or other special weapons.
    Last edited by |Sith|Galvanized Iron; August 18, 2012 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Galvanized Iron View Post
    If it's at very hard they got +7 attack +7 defense and +7 morale, so no I don't think it can be considered a consistent result. A Wolf Warrior is actually slightly more powerful than any Legionary, but with much worse missile defenses of course. Legions defeat other standard infantry yeah, but put them against Thorakitai Agyraspides or even Celtic Heavy Swordsmen and the legions will crumble, but yeah defeating a legion army requires good use of cavalry or other special weapons.
    Those are some hard-hitting bonuses. No surprise they got my Wolf Warriors on a run.

I tried to fight the same battle again. a 2v3 battle, me defending with an AI ally against 3 AI's (2k vs 3k denari). Hard mode this time, and I managed to beat them back. Is there a guide somewhere which describes the bonuses the AI opponents get with each difficulty setting?

Those are some hard-hitting bonuses. No surprise they got my Wolf Warriors on a run.

I tried to fight the same battle again. a 2v3 battle, me defending with an AI ally against 3 AI's (2k vs 3k denari). Hard mode this time, and I managed to beat them back. Is there a guide somewhere which describes the bonuses the AI opponents get with each difficulty setting?
    Well if you want to match units agains eachother at even odds you need to test it out at normal. I think at hard the AI bonus is +4 or +3.

AI bonus is same in mods as in vanilla, so you search "difficulty level effects" or similiar in the main RTW area.

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Galvanized Iron View Post
    Well if you want to match units agains eachother at even odds you need to test it out at normal. I think at hard the AI bonus is +4 or +3.

AI bonus is same in mods as in vanilla, so you search "difficulty level effects" or similiar in the main RTW area.
    Thanks for directing me. It's kinda a shame that CA opted for the handicaps/bonuses method, instead of a better AI.

Thanks for directing me. It's kinda a shame that CA opted for the handicaps/bonuses method, instead of a better AI.
    Well I guess they simply were unable to make really good AI, but on the other hand it would be a shame to have a retarded AI on normal just so it could be good at hard. AI might be more agressive on Very Hard though, but that often just makes it easier.

Hey, it looks like the multiplayer update is missing on gamefront. I was helping a friend set up rs2 multiplayer when it just redirected me to the gamefront homepage saying the file wasn't found. I'll just get it off my computer for now, but others might still need it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsithspawnx View Post
    Hey, it looks like the multiplayer update is missing on gamefront. I was helping a friend set up rs2 multiplayer when it just redirected me to the gamefront homepage saying the file wasn't found. I'll just get it off my computer for now, but others might still need it.
    Ok so gamefront is unreliable it seems, it's attached directly to forum now instead, here you go:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...4&d=1345834301

There will be a major re-work of the Seleucid Empire roster as soon as I can find the time for it, next update will focus a lot on Eastern factions in general. As tournament results has showned the most popular factions have been the Romans and the Celts, so work has to be done to bring up the Eastern ones to the same level.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456