Thread: Refreshingly obliterated

Default Refreshingly obliterated

First of all, I just wanted to say thanks to the RS team for all of their hard work and efforts. RS2 is literally an entirely new game.

I just fired up my first campaign last night and though I'd try 10-20 turns as Rome (I work as a lawyer, so I don't get much time to play during the week). When I was done with my 20 turns, I was curled up in a little ball, sucking my thumb! Italian rebels were kicking down Capua and at Rome's doorstep to the southeast and Carthage (with the help of Hannibal and some allied barbarians) had taken everything to my north. I was truly boxed in and was fighting to keep my city-state together. One thing was for sure, those rebel cities who turned on me were going to be put to the stake if I vanquished those rebels.

Anyways, I tell that little story to explain that I have never been so refreshingly obliterated yet challenged as Rome from the get go. I cannot imagine how much fun the rest of the campaign will be and am excited to get rolling. I really lost some close battles and hope to get control of Italy sometime soon.

Thanks RS2 team!

mattgoby's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Refreshingly obliterated

Yeah i know what you mean the ai is clever and waits for you to be weak for instance as macedon i butil up armies in the south and east to sent north and west. then pergamum attacks me taking 3 settlements easily, and i just signed a treaty to become romes protectorate so i can send all my enemies to pergamum then back to rome.
    "some people say the iraq war is unnessasary, however i disagree its good practise in case one comes along that we need to fight, just in case the germans have another go"-AL MURRAY

"us british our world war champions of the world"-AL MURRAY

Valiant The Brave's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by mattgoby View Post
    Yeah i know what you mean the ai is clever and waits for you to be weak for instance as macedon i butil up armies in the south and east to sent north and west. then pergamum attacks me taking 3 settlements easily, and i just signed a treaty to become romes protectorate so i can send all my enemies to pergamum then back to rome.
    The AI isn't smart like in EU3, It just attacks you when you own something next to him.

'They thought i was stupid but i proved them' Phillip J. Fry
    Futurama, mine favorite show!

Correction, It is now My Little Pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant The Brave View Post
    The AI isn't smart like in EU3, It just attacks you when you own something next to him.
    Don't you do the same thing?

Caesar_1991's Avatar Miles

I find the BAI flanks and attacks from behind a lot more.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar_1991 View Post
    I find the BAI flanks and attacks from behind a lot more.
    Which exe are you using; RTW, RTW BI or RTW Alex?

I play with RTW Alex and find that the AI attempts to send cavalry around the flanks. It also does support the cavalry (sometimes) with infantry.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    Which exe are you using; RTW, RTW BI or RTW Alex?

I play with RTW Alex and find that the AI attempts to send cavalry around the flanks. It also does support the cavalry (sometimes) with infantry.
    I'm on just RTW and get alot of AI cav flanking and see some AI naval off loading troop movements, so wonder if I missing out much not having BI and Alex?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost, colonel View Post
    I'm on just RTW and get alot of AI cav flanking and see some AI naval off loading troop movements, so wonder if I missing out much not having BI and Alex?
    I'm playing with BI and I have the same performance as you, but I keep running into CTD as the campaign progresses. Originally, I was just playing RTW and had no CTD problem. I may switch back.
    "We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell them stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I took the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe so I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. Give me five bees for a quarter you'd say. Now where were we, oh ya. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because if the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...."

mattgoby's Avatar Campidoctor

Im using bi [i have alex just not installed] And i see alot of naval invasions.
    "some people say the iraq war is unnessasary, however i disagree its good practise in case one comes along that we need to fight, just in case the germans have another go"-AL MURRAY

"us british our world war champions of the world"-AL MURRAY