Thread: Balancing units

Default Balancing units

I have a question. Why do the spartan hoplites lose in a one on one battle with taxeis hoplites, and other units, when they have a superior ranking in defense and attack, and a higher experience. Its really frustrating me, is it just because i play on hard?
    Xerxes: Come Leonidas, let us reason together. It would be a regrettable waste. It would be nothing short of madness for you, brave king, and your valiant troops to perish. All because of a simple misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
    King Leonidas: Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.

Valiant The Brave's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Balancing units

Hard = +5 attack +5 armor

'They thought i was stupid but i proved them' Phillip J. Fry
    Futurama, mine favorite show!

Correction, It is now My Little Pony.

Actually I think it is +4 in Attack rating and Defense skill.

Historian - all things Viking Son of absinthia

Thanks for the reply, that solves a lot of problems for me.
    Xerxes: Come Leonidas, let us reason together. It would be a regrettable waste. It would be nothing short of madness for you, brave king, and your valiant troops to perish. All because of a simple misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
    King Leonidas: Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.

When choosing the difficulty level you have to think ahead. I used to be put off playing on hard in EB, because early battles seemed unfair, seeing decent units loose to weaker ones is a pain. But later when you build proper armies with strong, veteran upgraded units, it becomes to easy if you choose a normal difficulty setting.

Very true.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Thanks for the info frost, I appreciate that insight. And Tone, my friend was playing this mod the other day and he said he was trying to edit the unit stats and everytime he saved and exited, they went back to the default. Is that some sort of bug?

Siegfriedfr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas42 View Post
    Thanks for the info frost, I appreciate that insight. And Tone, my friend was playing this mod the other day and he said he was trying to edit the unit stats and everytime he saved and exited, they went back to the default. Is that some sort of bug?
    It's because most files are read only. Right click on the rome folder > properties > uncheck read only and voila, you can modify all of it.

Alright i'll be sure to let him know. Thanks Sieg, +1 rep