Thread: Warning, do not download RS2 if you want to ever play the original game again

Default Warning, do not download RS2 if you want to ever play the original game again

So in short, I tried RS2, decided the battles take so long I would die of old age before they actually conluded (does it really take 2-3 minutes in a battle for say three people to die? good lord), the economy is worse than vanilla and the building icons look like MS Word clip art. So stop playing it right? Right. That's what I wanted to do. Except the way they have set up the launcher and installer, there is no option to uninstall just the mod. In fact, if you try to open the original RTW icon, it basically just reroutes you to the RS2 mod and thus incapacitates the original game. If you go to Add/Remove Programs, RS2 is not listed separately, so the only way to cut out this cancer is to kill the whole body and uninstall RTW.

Pray to god you didn't purchase the game as a download through Game Stop, because if you did, the download manager (yes you have to download it ALL OVER AGAIN) will think you still have the game installed and will refuse to let you download it again without contacting customer service.

So if you don't want to risk completely destroying your RTW installation and being stuck in my shoes, do yourself a favor and don't download RS2. It seriously is not worth all of this hassle. And as far as not being able to play the original game, on behalf of reasonable consumers who want to have the choice to revert back to vanilla RTW and not have this mod ramrodded down our throats, go to hell or fix your goddamn mod so we can uninstall it. This is ridiculous.

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Warning, do not download RS2 if you want to ever play the original game again

Quote Originally Posted by scubatim84 View Post
    So in short, I tried RS2, decided the battles take so long I would die of old age before they actually conluded (does it really take 2-3 minutes in a battle for say three people to die? good lord), the economy is worse than vanilla and the building icons look like MS Word clip art. So stop playing it right? Right. That's what I wanted to do. Except the way they have set up the launcher and installer, there is no option to uninstall just the mod. In fact, if you try to open the original RTW icon, it basically just reroutes you to the RS2 mod and thus incapacitates the original game. If you go to Add/Remove Programs, RS2 is not listed separately, so the only way to cut out this cancer is to kill the whole body and uninstall RTW.

Pray to god you didn't purchase the game as a download through Game Stop, because if you did, the download manager (yes you have to download it ALL OVER AGAIN) will think you still have the game installed and will refuse to let you download it again without contacting customer service.

So if you don't want to risk completely destroying your RTW installation and being stuck in my shoes, do yourself a favor and don't download RS2. It seriously is not worth all of this hassle. And as far as not being able to play the original game, on behalf of reasonable consumers who want to have the choice to revert back to vanilla RTW and not have this mod ramrodded down our throats, go to hell or fix your goddamn mod so we can uninstall it. This is ridiculous.
    Lmao, all you have to do is copy the contents of your RTW folder, paste it into another folder in C:/ and install Roma Surrectum in there. You can play Rome TW, BI, Alexander, and ROMA SURRECTUM, that simple. Don't get angry, ask questions on how you can get around issues

loet66's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Warning, do not download RS2 if you want to ever play the original game again

Hi,

Anyway, who wants to play vanilla game after this ... !!

If you read the correct thread, you know that RS II is not mod-folder (or mod-switch), so you need make a entire copy of RTW before installing RS II.

Regards.

It was all explained in the release thread.

Closed.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.