Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Historical MP/SP for RS2

Mulattothrasher's Avatar Vicarius

Default Historical MP/SP for RS2

HISTORICAL MP & SP CUSTOM BATTLES

for

ROMA SURRECTUM 2

GOALS

- Provide a realistic view of Iron Age armies in the late B.C./early A.D. period, the time frame that RS2 encompasses

- Give all factions full fledged historical units that can makeup their armies.

- Have the mod as historically accurate within reason.

PROGRESS

Factions should be pretty much finish, barring some minor changes to units and/or errors I made placing them. Here they are, barbarians first!

CIMBRI

I listed the Cimbri first because I made some deletions to it's roster that might upset some folks. Gone are the Bear warriors, naked warriors, and Cimbri Noble cavalry. Reasons being are:

1) The tribes east of the Rhine were not major heavy cavalry users, much less ones with chainmail. So the general unit remains the main heavy hitter, but plenty of quality light and medium Germanic cavalry is available to help compete with the neighboring Celts and their cavalry.

2) Berserkers and east Rhine nude warriors were not all that common on the battlefield; nude warriors in much fewer numbers than what you'd find in Celtic lands. Wolf warriors stay, however, so the Cimbri have an excellent fear inspiring unit with a more common Germanic panoply.

The Cimbri will have great light and medium infantry compared to other factions.

SARMATIA

SCYTHIA

I only have a passing understanding of the steppes. Anyone wishing to copy the EDU and tell me whats wrong, if any, I'm all ears. I gave each the Bastarnae unit because of that tribes proximity to the steppes.

BOII

Northern Italian, Alpine, Eastern Celts, and Illyrians give the Boii great all around infantry and cavalry.

GALLAECI

Great selection of superior skirmishers with strong infantry and cavalry.

DACIA

Strong in many areas with excellent heavy cavalry and shock infantry.

BELGAE

Fields the best Celtic infantry in RS2, but lacking in cavalry abilities with other Celts.

ARVERNI

Arverni gather the supreme Celtic cavalry in RS2 compared to other Celts, and heavy southern Gallic troops.

..and now those other factions that folks like for some weird reason

CARTHAGE

Great mix of African, Iberian, and Celtic troops.

PERGAMON

ARMENIA

PARTHIA

SPARTA

PONTUS

Part Greek, part Persian, part Celtic Galatian. Great troop types.

MACEDONIA

PTOLEMIES

SELEUCIDS

FREE GREEKS and the ROMANS are done, too, but so many units are there I did not picture them. Load up this EDU and you can see them.

I have not made any changes to stats, attack, defense, etc/ (at least that I know of) so these are original RS2 stats. Changes to that will come later of course. What I need feedback on at this point are making sure I did not misplace a unit in the wrong faction. If I did, let me know.

The EDU is attached below. This goes into your RS 2 installation/data folder. Where the /data folder is you'll see many 'Play_xyz' faction folders as well. Make a backup of the original export_descr_unit file. Start up some custom battles and try it out!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Mulattothrasher; September 11, 2010 at 04:36 PM.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Default Re: Historical MP for RS2

Great job mate.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

but if people use this instead of the normal version, wont that cause desynchronization? and wouldn't it be hard for new people to define the key units if they have to pick from so many?

Well this will be placed in it's own modfolder so think about it as an alternative MP.
    + you can play against each other if both isn't using the same files due to incapability.
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

tru dat. the search for the cause continues...

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|9|Lord_Max View Post
    but if people use this instead of the normal version, wont that cause desynchronization? and wouldn't it be hard for new people to define the key units if they have to pick from so many?
    I like the variety of so many units that RS2, its a bonus by far over many other mods.

I think that players should be able to fight with many RS 2 units because there are so many. Otherwise, the only other time a player would ever see them is on a single player campaign (if they take the whole map) or custom battle controlled by the A.I. This will hopefully remedy that!

Core units will be up to how the player fights, I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulattothrasher View Post
    I like the variety of so many units that RS2, its a bonus by far over many other mods.

I think that players should be able to fight with many RS 2 units because there are so many. Otherwise, the only other time a player would ever see them is on a single player campaign (if they take the whole map) or custom battle controlled by the A.I. This will hopefully remedy that!

Core units will be up to how the player fights, I would think.
    yes for SP it is indeed a bonus. for MP you will only be using a select bunch of units anyway then u end up with 90 % of the units not being used in favour of the most effective for the current matchup.

Not when you are playing in a Historical manner and that's what this about.
    Son of Legio

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|9|Lord_Max View Post
    yes for SP it is indeed a bonus. for MP you will only be using a select bunch of units anyway then u end up with 90 % of the units not being used in favour of the most effective for the current matchup.
    Well if a player only wants to use the same 10% of units over and over again, then there no reason to play this mod.

no, if it keeps desynchronizing there is no reason. if you want to play historically thats ok, but what we have now is balanced enough.

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Its in a seperate network with a different EDU, how would it cause desync?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

It wouldn't.
    Son of Legio

What gave you the impression i was referring to a yet to be created module lol. im talking about the normal MP mode.

Well then why are you talking about it in this thread. Please stay on topic.
    Son of Legio

i am talking about it because he said that the mp not being historically correct would be a reason to quit playing it. i disagreed and replied that the desync might be a reason but certainly this mod looks so good that i aint gonna stop playing because a certain faction doesnt have a certain unit.

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Man, this is a DIFFERENT EDU that will be modfoldered and played on a SEPERATE network and will have no interferance from the old networks
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Does it exist any native Gallaeci archers in the mod?
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

Don't think so.
    Son of Legio

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    Don't think so.
    I figured as much, that's probably why "the mysterious man" adviced me to give the Spaniards Erytanes Toxotes, I was surprised to learn that they were from as far away as Scythia tho
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy O View Post
    Man, this is a DIFFERENT EDU that will be modfoldered and played on a SEPERATE network and will have no interferance from the old networks
    i do not understand how you keep bringing this up. for the last time there is no connection between desynchronization between two different versions because only 1 version exists. you lot should scroll up to before you lost what i was talking about cause im not going to explain it again

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast