Thread: CTDs in campaign - please read

Default CTDs in campaign - please read

I'm just looking at possible reasons for CTDs after campaigns start.

One possible reason is this....that cloned characters are being created from a spawned general that is created as the leader of an emergency levy army.

This is way more likely to happen if people forget to activate the script as this currently kills these characters off after one turn to avoid the cloning process from happening (which happens if the character gets adopted into a family). If the script is left inactivated, then it allows a lot more potential turns for cloned characters to be created which will then cause the CTD.

I guess the obvious thing may be to remove the named characters from these spawned armies (and also from the AI Roman legions). To me this seems a shame, but may be the best way of avoiding issues people have been having. It'll also speed up the end turns a little as there will be less checking done by the script.

What are people's thoughts about this?
    Last edited by tone; September 08, 2010 at 03:45 PM.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Default Re: CTDs in campaign - please read

Keep them or maybe an alternative in the launcher.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

I'm just following one campaign at the moment where a player has had an end turn CTD to see what's causing it

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Do the leaders of the spawned armies have to be named? Can't they just be generals (what used to be captains)?
    ¨Philip of Macedon: “If I enter Laconia, I will level Sparta to the ground.”

¨Spartan reply: “If.”

Well i found two types of ctd in my game:

-In battle when pass a lot of time without win (or lose)
    -In campaign, when i bribe certain character or city

I wish help...(BI, Roman campaign, windows 7 and impossible screenshot becouse im yet on desktop)
    Si la aventura de España me costara 100.000 hombres no lo intentaría pero no serán más de 12.000.
    Napoleon 1º
    ---------------------------------

If Spain's adventure cost me 100,000 men do not try but will not be over 12,000.
    Napoleon I

Quote Originally Posted by peregrino View Post
    Well i found two types of ctd in my game:

-In battle when pass a lot of time without win (or lose)
    -In campaign, when i bribe certain character or city

I wish help...(BI, Roman campaign, windows 7 and impossible screenshot becouse im yet on desktop)
    There are already threads for your problems, as of now, bribing is bugged, dont do it. Or maybe its just with bribing named characters. Battle CTDs is usually caused by graphics settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Loiro View Post
    Do the leaders of the spawned armies have to be named? Can't they just be generals (what used to be captains)?
    They don't have to be named but then they can't have any command stars, so they're less of a challenge. Besides which what's more fun to fight? A legion led by Tiberius Licinius Archias or one led by General Sextus? In terms of immersion, to me it was worth the effort of trying to make named characters work.

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    They don't have to be named but then they can't have any command stars, so they're less of a challenge. Besides which what's more fun to fight? A legion led by Tiberius Licinius Archias or one led by General Sextus? In terms of immersion, to me it was worth the effort of trying to make named characters work.
    Yeah, I agree, but I also believe that sacrificing this level of immersion (i.e. non named chars) is worth it to make the game more stable. Ofc if it can be done both ways thats the best option.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Please post your technical problems in your own post not here.

Closed.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here