Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terrae Incognita

Medkirtys's Avatar Senator

Default Terrae Incognita

Interesting idea how to manage it, check that pic, by conquering island in baltic, i got portion of Sahara, Arabia and Scandinavia, lol... .Also, i'd like to thank mod developers for such great battlefields, forests in that island were magnificent, looked epic

Default Re: Terrae Incognita

Cute! An interesting "Easter Egg" to be sure.

You're actually not supposed to conquer that island because of that very reason. It was created to take up space that was needed to add settlements to other places. So instead of having 4 settlements taking up space, it is combined into 1.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Indeed you shouldn't take it and we need to change the name from Aland to Gotland as Åland is another island.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Siegfriedfr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Gotenus View Post
    You're actually not supposed to conquer that island because of that very reason. It was created to take up space that was needed to add settlements to other places. So instead of having 4 settlements taking up space, it is combined into 1.
    Well then they should have surrounded it with mountains :p

I was wondering how the terrae incognita was implemented and now i know, thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfriedfr View Post
    Well then they should have surrounded it with mountains
    No because that would add mountains to the campaign map.
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

So um, i didn't mess with scripts or i didn't broke my campaign i hope? Because in EB conquering sahara was messing with scripts

If you do it in the roman campaign you sure do. I'm not sure about the others.
    Son of Legio

Crap, btw, in the beggining of campaign, I saw there were 4-5 full stacks, but when i arrived, i only saw 1 full stack in city, and the others were depleted to 100-200 men (huge scale)

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

You should either run your campaign with the script on all the time or never run it. However, as sometimes the script will start automatically then I suggest you always make sure that the script is running.

We may be making some changes to the script to give a warning that the script isn't running. But it needs testing.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Wait , there arent any actual cities in Terra Incoginta lands(in Africa)?I know it means something like "Unrecognized-Unknown Land" Im playing as Carthage and i have 2 well equipped armies there looking for cities to conquer, have i been wasting my resources on nothing while Romans were destroying my armies in Italy?

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mutalisk View Post
    Wait , there arent any actual cities in Terra Incoginta lands(in Africa)?I know it means something like "Unrecognized-Unknown Land" Im playing as Carthage and i have 2 well equipped armies there looking for cities to conquer, have i been wasting my resources on nothing while Romans were destroying my armies in Italy?
    At the start of the campaign there is only one settlement in North Africa that is not in the control of Carthage. It's to the SW of Carthage (and west a bit) - Cirta? Send out your spies......

If you have some stacks ready I suggest sending them to Sicily. Historically, it's a very rich area. It will certainly boost sea trade and also reduce the Roman's income.

Welcome to the forum.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Yeah Terra Incoginta's settlement is on Gottland (the largest island in the baltic sea).
    Son of Legio

Valiant The Brave's Avatar Decanus

if in roman campaign don't conqeur it till you reach 85 settlements because it keeps the roman rebels alive

'They thought i was stupid but i proved them' Phillip J. Fry
    Futurama, mine favorite show!

Correction, It is now My Little Pony.

So what happens if you're playing Romans, and the cimbri ai capture gotland?
    in vita mea

They won't. (well we have never seen it during testing.)
    Son of Legio

Jaytee's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Mutalisk View Post
    I'm sorry but I let out a little laugh when I read this. I am Rome but have invaded Carthage and had been wondering about if there were any cities to the South of me so basically you have just wasted your time BUT in doing so you have helped others not to waste their time. Thank you

if you don't want people conquering it take away the 2 gold and one silver resource or if you do allow them to make a port makes no sense cimbrii players not conquering it

i was wondering about why the roman faction wasnt destroyed after i killed them all in Italy,
    now i see they own gotland with 2.5 stacks. thats there to make sure they stay alive to cause me grief once i reach 84 cities then?

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disc?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast