Thread: Steeling enemy treasuries

Default Steeling enemy treasuries

You can't do this anymore? Use to be you could sack a captial city you captured and destroy the enemy treasury building and add their treasury to your own. Now these treasury buildings seem to be undestructable. What is the benefit, other than depriving the enemy of it? And if the faction is destroyed, then what of their captured treasury?
    Last edited by Straticus; September 08, 2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: bad grammer
    “Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer.” - Winston Churchill.

Default Re: Steeling enemy treasuries

Quote Originally Posted by Straticus View Post
    You can't do this anymore? Use to be you could sack a captial city you captured and destroy the enemy treasury building and add their treasury to your own. Now these treasury buildings seem to be undestructable. What is the benefit, other than depriving the enemy of it? And if the faction is destroyed, then what of their captured treasury?
    Their income is in their buildings, and barracks.
    That is taking from their income.
    Also you can build it up later.
    We feel taking everything away would mess with a1, and econ stats.
    From the last reports i received.

Roma Surrectum Greek/Spartan Researcher/Tester.

Saw this building ingame and as someone who hasn't played 1.6 I was just going to ask what treasury's are but I get it now. That said what is their purpose now if you can't do anything with them? You said something about 'upgrading' them? What's that?

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

The treasury is only valuable for the faction that starts with it. The starting faction get a money bonus from it.
    We made it indestructible so that the player couldn't just go take the AI's capital and destroy the build and then leaving it for the AI and thus hurting the AI's economy quite badly.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Surely if you gave the enemy a garrison script when you attack the capital with a few chevrons of experience then taking and sacking the capital would be a sound strategy. Well that's my opinion, I liked it the way it was in1.6 but I guess there will always be people like me who prefer it the way it was.

Yeah I guess. But hey you could change it yourself and make a submod of it.
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Ah I could... But I had a go with scripts before and it didnt go too well, too much headache for too little I think. I would rather leave it to the pros such as yourself Apple well that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it

I'm not a pro, but I know that scripting is the hardest part to edit in the game. I don't think this could be that hard. Just read up on some tutorials and you will be fine.
    Everyone must start somewhere.
    Son of Legio

Maybe. Though at the moment I am trying my hand at slowly customising my own game (vanilla) I willhave a go at scripts in that and see how it goes

Ok. Good luck.
    Son of Legio