Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Patch - Large Unit Sizes

Default New Patch - Large Unit Sizes

For the Epic cycle we knew there was a trade off between having heroes in custom battles and unit size.

I am making available to everybody the files which you can manually add to increase the unit size (and keep one man heroes in the campaign game), but to also remove heroes from custom battles. Heroes are only available in custom battles on the normal unit size setting.

Obviously this will influence unit balancing as the mod was designed around the normal size setting. Heroes will be slightly weaker overall and may be more prone to dying in large melees.

If anybody is interested in trying out Aristea with the larger unit sizes then download the attachment.

Note that this is only compatible with Aristiea - The Epic Cycle. Add the files to the relevant folders of the same name in your aristeia directory.
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; September 08, 2010 at 12:41 PM.

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: New Patch - Large Unit Sizes

Interesting. I'll pass though if it will unbalance the heroes.

The larger unit sizes are pretty epic, a nice change for those who are bored, though the one-man units may not be fully supported (seems they turn into 4 man units after you load a save which i think is something to do with the way it reorganises units).
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; September 08, 2010 at 06:45 PM.

dmperu11's Avatar Civis

thank you veryyy much for this i love playing with bigger units
    "Tengo deberes sagrados que cumplir
    y los cumpliré hasta quemar el último cartucho" Francisco Bolognesi

dmperu11's Avatar Civis

one more question, is there any way we can make them bigger? like in the 200s? or 160s? just wondering

You'd get serious lag with those sizes, but I think it is possible through scripts only.

dmperu11's Avatar Civis

ohh well my comp is pretty good so i think it could handle it but where do i go to the scripts?

It is a complicated process, you'd have to script the spawning of armies. I think that way the exact number of men can be defined. It isn't easy though.

hannibalcaesar's Avatar Mostly Retired Modder

I don't think you can put the number of men in a campaign script, but i am not sure of that

You can specify for a given unit if, for example, you spawned an army. Technically it is possible, but it isn't very practical.

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

thanks this is realy one thing that increase reality of the mod
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

first of all thanks for this incredible mod, you did a great job. I would use heroes in a custom battle after installed this patch...is there no way to put them?

Alright Im a bit confused will this patch allow the campaign to be played on large settings,or the campaign was previously playable on large but this will allow for custom battles to be played on large?

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

this will allow you to play the whole mod on large - previously, you could only play with normal

Note that hero units might get bugged when you reload a save if you've got this installed.

Give us huge army!!!

Cool, I'm interested in this mod and it's nice that the unit sizes have been increased, I don't think that I could stand 1 man units

Very good. Thanks

Cool patch! I've gotten used to the normal unit size and the strength of heroes, so I'm not sure if I'll use it but I'll take it into consideration. I think it will do the battles around Troy a bit more justice though.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Laetus

where exactly will i put this file? In the data obiously but where exactly?

I haven't applied the patch, but you can search for each file individually inside your own folder and then paste the files from the patch there. Then you would need to overwrite, of course.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast